This is my thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Oh wow. That's exactly what I was thinking of. I figured they did exist somewhere.

Another thing I was thinking about was LED lightbulbs. Has anyone made the switch yet? I was thinking at least one in my room for my study table. I'm currently using CFLs and a lot of them just suck.

Casey

Staff member
So.... I am still holding off and hoping that one day Android@home will come out and be all it could be.

My cousin works on the Android@Home team. He was on core apps for a couple of years. From what he tells me, a LOT of resources have been moved to Android@Home. They are keeping it hush-hush though. Another thing is that a lot of resources have been moved from the main Android team to Andy Rubin's new project at Google, which is to do with robotics. It might be that there's a link between the two.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
My cousin works on the Android@Home team. He was on core apps for a couple of years. From what he tells me, a LOT of resources have been moved to Android@Home. They are keeping it hush-hush though. Another thing is that a lot of resources have been moved from the main Android team to Andy Rubin's new project at Google, which is to do with robotics. It might be that there's a link between the two.
I believe Robotics could be the next push. I am trying to interest my son. As in 15 years he will be going to work, just when robotics will probably be taking off.

I am very keen for google to do more with Android@home.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
I sell a bit of home automation at work, although a lot of people are waiting for the technology to improve a bit more.

As for LED light bulbs I usually steer people towards putting in LED down lights like the whole new fitting.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
^^

Fuck me. I would have lost my temper if he did that to me. With the dash cam as evidence, he should have accidently crashed into the back of his car.

The guy was drunk apparently. It also wasn't his car. And... He should have known better as he is 49 years old.

Tha_Wood

Underboss
Staff member
Im an electrical wholesaler so basically I sell all the goods used to fit out a house, from the cable for the power to run through, light switches and power points, any in home or commercial lighting all the way to industrial switch gear and solar kits and now branching into the home automation sector.

dilla

^^

Fuck me. I would have lost my temper if he did that to me. With the dash cam as evidence, he should have accidently crashed into the back of his car.

The guy was drunk apparently. It also wasn't his car. And... He should have known better as he is 49 years old.

Oh, I didn't know that information had been revealed yet. It is about a week-old video, I was just late getting on to it,

Speaking of cars, I plan on going to the Chicago Auto Show in about a month. We still have the Detroit Auto Show, I think, to show a lot of the North American reveals, but I'm hoping they give us something good too next month.

Really hoping to see that new M235i and see what the Americans are bringing out.

dilla

For those of you that use premium music torrent sites, like What.cd or Oink when it was still open: how did you maintain ratio on that site?

I wanted to download some FLAC files in case I got my first pair of real, proper headphones but thinking about a 300MB hit per album on may ratio is going to kill me. And I'm trying to get classics like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin discographies, so I doubt anyone is going to be downloading them once I do.

I might have to look to Pirate Bay. But anyone know of a public tracker or just a site for DD links to get FLAC files?

dilla

just search on google and then +FLAC lol

Hmm. That was kinda so simple that I didn't think of that. I always assumed high quality music was hidden behind these private torrent sites, governed by rations. I dunno how the fuck I even got into What.cd.

Still got an invite to What.cd, if someone wants one. It's just sitting there.

ARon

I sometimes use oneclickmovies and i went to go on it today and got this, with a countdown clock with like an hour left, wonder whats going on

A truly one-click experience is near

We're working tirelessly to bring you something that will revolutionize the way you watch movies and TV shows online, stay tuned for a truly one-click experience like none other that you've ever seen before.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Ooops. Just posted that in the android thread.

That is a serious acquisition. They've taken the best home stat by far. They are also doing smoke alarms, which have more value really. I am keen, but not at the current prices.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.