This is my thread

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
sup. So a couple months ago I started making shirts and stuff for myself, which then turned into hoodies button ups etc. I'd put different symbols sayng whatever on them. People would ask what they were and where to get them. I started giving shit to friends and called it Coup d'etat. I would just put that on shirts or whatever with a nice little script font. It's my own little clothing brand i made for myself basically. Two weeks ago I gave my little cousin and a bunch of his middle school basketball teammates some stuff, they loved it. Yesterday I got a call from one of their dads and he wanted to meet with me about taking it to the next level. I had lunch with him today. He's hoping and is trying to sell me the idea to have production, design, warehouse etc all up by mid year. He has done a lot of small business investing and he's crazy excited about the idea. I'm not sure what to do, it's been going slow and I thought about but never really wanted to actually make it a brand so to say. I don't know what to do. I'm really just explaining this story because I want some help. Need to think of a logo. bounce some ideas my way if you could, i'd appreciate it.

I google'd this and some jap artist named his album this and he had a half way done peace sign as the symbol, damnnn that would have been cool.

jap artist be racist.

anyway, you shouldn't pass up an opportunity like that. however, part of the reason those kids think its cool is because you don't have production, design, warehouse set up. you risk commodification and becoming just another indie brand on kazbah. but that's all a marketing problem that can be solved.

anyway, i'll shoot some ideas your way. maybe snapchat them to ya when i'm drunk.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
He's gonna snapchat his dong to you and tell you to just make a long out of his scrote beard design. Watch.

Picked up some Adidas Samoas today at the outlet mall. Still paid $65 for em, but...what can you do? DRose merchandise just sat on the racks. It was just this past September when I was at the same Adidas store and coons and beaners alike were cleaning off the shelves for the DRose stuff.

My sister really liked one of his basketball shorts and I didn't want to break her heart or remind myself of the possible truth, but I told her to wait to see if he came back and maybe if he didn't, it'd be even cheaper than the $24.99 they were going for.

dilla

I don't like Soccer or care much for basketball. They are still sports.

This whole UFC/MMA thing is like WWE for non-Arabs and Mexicans. I feel the same way about boxing.

It's stupid. And people pay to watch this shit. Soon as another man's foot touches my face, I'm quitting and going home. Too gay for me.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
drizzy doe

killing it. nothing was the same was dope as fuck and the recent loosies are dope as well.

safe to say push and drizzy owned 2013.

ARon

Not really a fan of audio push. Hit boy is making some hard shit as of late. Trophies was heavy. Drake was pretty weak on it. I would've rather heard Pusha t or even Wayne kill that

I need some new pro era tracks, bad

dilla

CES is coming up soon. After reading The Verge's article on things to expect, I realized I never wondered why houses don't have some of the same technologies our phones have. Only recently have we seen smart temperature units, like the Nest thingy, but what about outdoor lighting and a lot of other stuff we don't even think about yet?

Not just simply controlling it from our phones or computers but having them more customizable and maybe organized a bit better.

I dunno. It got me thinking...

ARon

The other DAT my girlfriend told me to cook something and I was sitting on the couch and I was like, OK Google turn on oven to 450. We chuckled but it got me thinking that that shit can't be too far away. You know they have it in some future house some company has already

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
CES is coming up soon. After reading The Verge's article on things to expect, I realized I never wondered why houses don't have some of the same technologies our phones have. Only recently have we seen smart temperature units, like the Nest thingy, but what about outdoor lighting and a lot of other stuff we don't even think about yet?

Not just simply controlling it from our phones or computers but having them more customizable and maybe organized a bit better.

I dunno. It got me thinking...

The other DAT my girlfriend told me to cook something and I was sitting on the couch and I was like, OK Google turn on oven to 450. We chuckled but it got me thinking that that shit can't be too far away. You know they have it in some future house some company has already

A glimpse into the hilarious life of ARon. ;)

Home Automation is closer. Really close. Some of the stuff already exists at the moment and is pretty cheap. Lighting and power sockets for example. There are also cheap thermostats out there. Ones which are better value than Nest.

But...

There is no system that ties it all together and works holistically with everything you'd want control over. And although it's cheaper, you're probably still looking at 1k to automate 60% of your house. And I'd imagine when something better comes out to replace it, the existing system wouldn't be compatible.

So.... I am still holding off and hoping that one day Android@home will come out and be all it could be.

dilla

Yeah, there's no reason Android can't do something like this. The way there's the Chromecast doohickey, you could probably buy something like an adapter for an outlet and plug something into it. That adapter is connected to the internet and therefore your Google Account and now you can control that outlet with your phone.

That's more of an aftermarket kind of thing, but my house has a central audio system (from the 90s, but....) but how hard would it be to have that system control the lights inside and outside of your house? I'm sure someone has this center console kind of thing in their kitchen or something. Why not make that exact thing, but running Android and connected to your home WiFi? Again, signed in through Google Accounts and some app on your device to control it.

I'm not that familiar with Nest, but there's an app for it, right? Where you can turn it on or off while you're out of the house or about to come home? I know security companies like ADT offer similar things as well.

All we need to do is figure out a way to get these home appliances linked up, like the oven and shit.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.