This is my thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I'm gonna download the commercials and watch them that way. I was running to the kitchen to check on the oven half the time, then I switched from the living room TV when it was 28-6, and chill with my sis and streamed it on my laptop. Then shit got real, and so I started watching intermittently until the final 3 minutes.

Best Super Bowl in a long time. I thought it was two teams that didn't deserve to be there because they weren't the "best" team, but they still made it worthwhile.

I was buying snacks yesterday at the store and was thinking "I hope I watch the game long enough to eat this shit, lest it be a blowout or just simply boring." Turns out it was an interesting blowout followed up with a great somewhat-comeback at the end. Gotta give it up for both QBs. Two unproven QBs leaving everything on the field.

I remember people used to shit on Flacco, saying he was the reason the Ravens would never win. This was just last season. And then this happens. Boldin and Torrey stepped up this year on offense. Rice actually had a quiet year, but still solid, great. Defense was good, as usual. Pitta came out of nowhere, and their rookie kicker, Tucker, was clutch many times too.

As for the Niners, I dunno what happened early on, but when they were firing on all cylinders, they were nuts. Crabtree was amazing in college, but he didn't make much noise until the second half of THIS season. Randy Moss was his usual underachieving, cocky self for most of the season, but he showed up too. Vernon Davis...Frank Gore...Hats off..... And I used to crap on Kaepernick, but the guy is still young. 10 games young. He was a deer in the headlights the first half, but came around the second half. He just needed the experience of getting his ass handed to him, for once, before he figured it out and came right back.

Interesting stat: first INT ever thrown by a SF QB in the Super Bowl was today. Wow. Even if you had the likes of Joe Montana and Steve Young, that's still damn impressive.

If the Niners play like they did in the second half of the SB all of next season, no doubt they'll win it. The second half Ravens was the Ravens I was used to; the first half was just unreal, though it had started during the playoffs. Last I remember, the Ravens stumbled into the playoffs with some losses there at the end.

Da_Funk

^I saw about 1/4 of the game here in Perth. The 49ers comeback was something for the ages, it's a shame they couldn't pull it all the way off though.

I need to start flying on international flights I guess
Well, that's the first time I've ever met a girl on a plane. Funny thing is, she picked me up. I'm reading War and Peace at the moment, and had it in my hands as I was getting on the plane; obviously she recognized it and proceeded to chat me up. Rest was gravy.

dilla

If I haven't mentioned it earlier, the new Juelz mixtape is hot. God Will'n. The song with Jada is sick. The beat...oh my God.

Even though a lot of the high school burnouts driving buses in the city get their music from DatPiff, it's still a good site for mainstream hip hop and to find new stuff.

It wasn't as good six-plus years ago.

masta247

Staff member
I think that being an adventurous foreigner anywhere in the world is like +5 extra points to awesomeness with chicks, enough for most to be at least curious. English accent would be just like turning all easy modes on and that might even attract unwanted attention from the ugly club.

That said I don't get a lot of positive responses for being Polish per se (althought I did get my share of free drinks in bars in the US just for that!), I do for being from Europe on the other side of the globe, speaking English with some sort of accent and exhibiting European behavior. Apparently it's easy to tell, even when I'm trying to blend with the locals. I think I act normal and get "aww that's so cute/nice" often and it leaves me wondering what I just did right.

Also not being a native English speaker is not that bad because I get complimented for my English and at the same time when I make mistakes everyone seems to think that it's nice/cute as well.
I have a friend who has a perfect English accent. She tried really hard to learn it, travelled to the UK a lot etc. and while I always think it's awesome, in English-speaking countries that's a more normal thing and people are more curious about the way I speak, having a more apparent accent. They almost always focus on me in convos, and she gets mad for being sort of left out while having "better English". For some reason most people assume I'm from Scandinavia when trying to guess. I mean - I'd like to improve my accent because I feel silly when people can tell that "I'm not from here" but it's not necessirely a bad thing from my experience. I think it paradoxally makes me treated better.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
In the USA I pronounce words correctly. This perks up the ears of the locals. They then ask where I am from and a conversation occurs. Everything I say seems funnier with my accent. Everything I say sounds more intelligent with my accent. I am usually in tourist areas too, so it can't be as rare....!

I miss the USA. It's like being a celebrity.

dilla

An American in England is like a freak show or a circus. People gather around for entertainment, not admiration.

Ristol

New York's Ambassador
I haven't been on my computer in a couple of days because it was completely sideways. Everything on the screen was sideways, every time I turned it on. I finally Googled "everything on my computer is sideways" and that taught me to press ctrl alt up. That did it. It was literally a two second fix. Welp, that's all for now.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
juelz' mixtape sucks though. soft is ok. new jet city sucks too for the most part. it's like spitta didn't even try. he needs to link up with harry fraud again.

Jokerman

In the USA I pronounce words correctly. This perks up the ears of the locals. They then ask where I am from and a conversation occurs. .
I'm from NY but I pronounce words correctly and often people in a few states over, like Maryland, ask me if I'm English. At first I was like wtf, if anything, I have a Brooklyn accent. Then I realized it was pronouncing words correctly that was throwing them off.

masta247

Staff member
^ When Pittsey goes to Brooklyn he clearly communicates "Beware! I am wielding a handgun, my kind afro-american sir" and all trollops belong to him.

dilla

Gonna try to learn Aperture for editing photos. I have too many from trips in the past from my Droid and now GS3, that have just been sitting there rotting away. Downloaded an ebook to learn all the shutterbug jargon that's in Aperture. Just gotta find time to read it now.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
got a little tipsy so went and bought The Listening on iTunes. I forget how much I liked listening to this album. This album and Phonte's (and Nicolay's) Connected have so much replay value. on that "dope beats dope rhymes what more do y'all want" shit

fyi - it wasn't on the google play store and it's not streaming on spotify. it is on grooveshark, though.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.