This is my thread

Da_Funk

Well I am flying back to Oz today and I never thought leaving home would be so hard.

Need to think of things to do to fill my time again !!!!

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Well I am flying back to Oz today and I never thought leaving home would be so hard.

Need to think of things to do to fill my time again !!!!
I use Warez.bb to download ebooks in Kindle format for the Kindle app on my tablet. I'm assuming you're talking about filling the time on your flight. Just read. Play some games.....I can't sleep on airplanes; I always nod myself awake, but if you can sleep, take a pill halfway there and do that.

The movies on these flights can be shitty. I flew to India and had Rango? Inception, which was ok, and then a bunch of BBT and The Office episodes from like...three seasons ago. It sucked. There was a USB port on the seat in front of me, so I could charge my phone and iPod, but I would have given that up for a proper power outlet. Damn Air India. I get Air Singapore, or some other advanced Asian country has those kinds of amenities. Fucking third world country and a third world airline. Even the flight attendants look like hookers in saris.

Da_Funk

I use Warez.bb to download ebooks in Kindle format for the Kindle app on my tablet. I'm assuming you're talking about filling the time on your flight. Just read. Play some games.....I can't sleep on airplanes; I always nod myself awake, but if you can sleep, take a pill halfway there and do that.

The movies on these flights can be shitty. I flew to India and had Rango? Inception, which was ok, and then a bunch of BBT and The Office episodes from like...three seasons ago. It sucked. There was a USB port on the seat in front of me, so I could charge my phone and iPod, but I would have given that up for a proper power outlet. Damn Air India. I get Air Singapore, or some other advanced Asian country has those kinds of amenities. Fucking third world country and a third world airline. Even the flight attendants look like hookers in saris.
I'm flying emirates so it should be ok, and I brought 3 sleeping pills lol.

masta247

Staff member
I met a cool chick on my last flight. We had a chat and laughed at the movie they played on that flight, 2 hours later she was sleeping on me and when we were landing she invited me to stay at her place the next time I'm in Hawaii, and that we should see some cool places that I didn't know of together.
It's either surprisingly easy for me to meet chicks in the US (perhaps it has to do something with me being European - even from Poland) or I'm just more friendly when I travel. During the couple of months that I spent in the US I got laid with cool, new-met chicks more times than during my best year back in Europe.

Anyway I usually chat with the person sitting nearby and I'm lucky enough to be (usually) seated next to someone who is cool enough for an interesting convo. If it's boring I'm either eating, drinking coke, writing something, learning something or playing games on my phone or tablet. When I'm going back to Europe I'm asleep because I just want to skip the suffering.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Oh I forgot, the Arabs fly well too. Just seems most of Europe and the US have shit airlines.
It's because their airlines are newer and so are their fleets. Big airlines like BA and AA still have some planes from the 70s. They have a lot of planes and have been doing it a long time. I always fly BA when I can though. I hate flying and feel safer with them. I have flown with Cathay Pacific too, though. I won't do budget airlines. But I was forced to do Vietnam Airlines when in Vietnam. I think they were the only domestic choice.

Normally when I fly long haul there is a choice of 100+ movies. Domestic is different though.

dilla

I see. That makes sense.

BA gives you unlimited drinks on international flights, right? I had a friend fly to England and then India, and he got free alcoholic drinks, and I don't think he was first class.

masta247

Staff member
yeah, BA is unlimited alcohol even on the cheapest class. To me it means a lot of smelly people around since I dislike drinking when jet lagging and stick with coke.

Delta/KLM and their partners have better entertainment though, if that's your thing.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Dear Hip-Hop,

I haven't listened to you for months. I feel like we kind of grew apart. I am listening to more Brit-Punk these days, so I don't think I am any less rebellious in my old age, I just feel like you haven't really delivered what you promised. You've broken the vows you made to me in the mid 90s. But... I have still missed you. So, today I am going to spend the day with you and enjoy you like I did the first time. Don't let me down.

Thanks

Darren

vg4030

Dear Hip-Hop,

I haven't listened to you for months. I feel like we kind of grew apart. I am listening to more Brit-Punk these days, so I don't think I am any less rebellious in my old age, I just feel like you haven't really delivered what you promised. You've broken the vows you made to me in the mid 90s. But... I have still missed you. So, today I am going to spend the day with you and enjoy you like I did the first time. Don't let me down.

Thanks

Darren
Sounds like the "Dear John' letter I got from my ex

dilla

Sounds like the "Dear John' letter I got from my ex
Sounds like those desperate cries for attentions the sluts from high school post as their statuses before they head out on a Friday night to get drunk and fucked in a bathroom, only to complain about it on Facebook the next day about how drunk they got and how great they are for doing.

The format of his post, at least. The content, not so much. But it's irritating when it comes to those girls on Facebook that cry about drama and men, yet there they are making those "eat cunt" gestures with their friends with a drink in their hands. Doesn't it get old? It got old after two years of college for me. You could bring the ugliest chick in town, but if you could sit down and talk movies or music or TV shows, or some other shit that isn't self-deprecating (like getting drunk and puking and getting kicked out) then you've got my respect.

And face it, my respect is all they're after anyways.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Nah. I was being a dick. But.. Basically. There are still a few decent artists out there in the music genre of rap. But... The record label idiots have made them harder to find.

I know it's not cool to like 50 Cent. But he was a great artist who made great music until the machine made him formulaic dross.

dilla

I agree. GRODT really is a great album. But after that, he turned to shit. God's Son was the last somewhat-quality album Nas released. Mobb Deep fell off after The Infamous, which is almost 20 years old. Was Hell on Earth after The Infamous? Those two were really the only good ones, in my book. I listened to all these albums when I was 14-18, which was the best time to listen to hip hop (for me). Not because of the new artists, but more because I had gotten a bit deeper into it and had discovered a lot of the classics then.

Today, there's no "new" classic I'm inclined to discover. I kinda of just float through whatever shows up on RapNation or by chance I listen to a great underground artist's mixtape on Datpiff. Like Indigoism by the The Underachievers.

I wish there was just a forum dedicated to indie hip hop artists. RGF used to have an Underground Hip Hop thread, which was awesome, but that died out when the board went to shit a few years back. Nothing has resurfaced since.

dilla

Right, but I'm talking classics. Swami didn't write music pre-1997. Even that is somewhat debatable as being considered "classic." If the OG recording doesn't have static in the background, it ain't classic. Remember how staticky Mobb Deep records were? Or how faint/dull sounding Illmatic sounded?

Da_Funk

I met a cool chick on my last flight. We had a chat and laughed at the movie they played on that flight, 2 hours later she was sleeping on me and when we were landing she invited me to stay at her place the next time I'm in Hawaii, and that we should see some cool places that I didn't know of together.
It's either surprisingly easy for me to meet chicks in the US (perhaps it has to do something with me being European - even from Poland) or I'm just more friendly when I travel. During the couple of months that I spent in the US I got laid with cool, new-met chicks more times than during my best year back in Europe.

Anyway I usually chat with the person sitting nearby and I'm lucky enough to be (usually) seated next to someone who is cool enough for an interesting convo. If it's boring I'm either eating, drinking coke, writing something, learning something or playing games on my phone or tablet. When I'm going back to Europe I'm asleep because I just want to skip the suffering.
I hooked up with this beautiful Russian stewardess on my Toronto-Dubai flight. Went for dinner with her in Dubai and everything. It sucks she lives there and i live in Perth.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.