This is my thread

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
c-breezy lookin salty

yeah, I don't know about those categories. I always watched the grammy's, the VMAs, etc for the performances. But nowadays you can just stream it from Yardie so I only watch if I happen to be watching TV like tonight.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
White people trying to be politically correct. They can't just call it Coon Jamz or whatever. It's "urban."

While I do look at the list of nominees and winners when it comes to choosing a movie to watch, I still all these awards shows are shit. What does winning a Grammy even signify these days? I mean, if we're going off of record sales, "best rap albums" are downloaded, and that also mostly not from iTunes. So the best music isn't mainstream, and if it, by chance, was available on iTunes, few would buy it and resort to downloading it illegally. So is *insert rapper* really putting out the best music if they win album of the year?

I guess music taste is more subjective than movie taste, but the best movie award doesn't necessarily go to the highest grossing one. I feel it is like that when it comes to music. And that's why the awards are crap. I can trust a movie winning an Oscar and would download and watch it. Not with music.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I've never watched an award show and have no interest. I couldn't give a fuck which luvey is flavour of the month. Joaquin Phoenix deserves the Oscar, Daniel Day Lewis will get it and Les Miserables will clean up. Boring as fuck. If you want to win an Oscar you don't have to be the best, just the biggest fucking twat making an arty (by Hollywood standards) film.

I watch a lot of films and only really enjoy about 3 or 4 new ones a year. That's about 1%/. Not a good return.

The grammys is the music equivalent.

dilla

I think the last awards show I watched for more than five or ten minutes was the 2007 MTV Music Awards. That was my first year of high school and about two days into being a freshman I realized how much Indian kids sucked at my school and that it was going to be "awesome" to hang out in their clique, like I previously thought it was going to be when I was in middle school .

dilla

Finally starting to see Mega links now. Just downloaded Chamillionaire's new album from RN and it was blazing fast.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
jigga's verse on suit & tie sucks. it's like driving down the highway and you hit a pothole and you're like that shit shouldn't be there and that's jigga's verse and i don't even like the highway i'm driving on. i don't even try and hate on these types of songs like I used to but at least drop a dope verse.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
jigga's verse on suit & tie sucks. it's like driving down the highway and you hit a pothole and you're like that shit shouldn't be there and that's jigga's verse and i don't even like the highway i'm driving on. i don't even try and hate on these types of songs like I used to but at least drop a dope verse.

The whole track is awful...

dilla

Never thought I'd order anything off of overpriced Eastbay, but I did. Got a 3/$30 deal on Nike Elite socks, so I got three for myself and three for my sister. No one balls, but they're comfortable as shit, and considering I'm in comfort mode all the time, even when leaving the house, they go well with my Under Armour sweatshirt and pants.

I must be the least athletic person to wear mostly athletic gear.

At least I'm not one of those tools that wears sweatbands everywhere yet doesn't set foot on a court. Or buy $100+ basketball shoes just to walk around in.

That's how I justify myself. Fuck all of you.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.