This is my thread

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I'm sure there are ways around it all but it would most likely be illegal if they were caught, I'm not sure though. And I think they're kind of taking the moral high ground. They'll fight for their rights regardless of the circumstances ya know.

Nice.
I hear ya

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2012/11/07/introducing-lady-gagas-version-of-dont-kill-my-vibe-video/

wow, glad to know this didn't make the cut. i guess the reason it didn't was because gaga didn't like the way kendrick's team was trying to alter her vocals/input/whatever, so i wonder if this is what they had in mind or if they wanted to change this up. either way, she totally ruins...the vibe of the song.
Kendrick said, in that making of the album I posted, that it came down to time constraints. His label wanted it complete, and that version wasn't ready, so they cut her. Maybe he just thought it sounded shit though.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Kendrick said, in that making of the album I posted, that it came down to time constraints. His label wanted it complete, and that version wasn't ready, so they cut her. Maybe he just thought it sounded shit though.
I don't buy that. This is Lady Gaga's side:

I apologize to the fans that this situation with Partynausous is confusing. To it clear it up I must explain this. When I collaborate with an artist i work solely with them, not with their camps or management. Its purely organic and creative. I love Kendrick dearly as a friend, but was not willing to compromise musically to the changes his team was making to my music. This is why I am not on his record. I have a very specific vision as a producer and songwriter, and I always have. That song will be released at a different time, for a different project. I love you, and think you should check out his stuff because he is truly great. He’s a good kid, its just sometimes a mad city. – LG

dilla

Here's another bitching of mine on music...

Do any of you find it hard to listen to good songs after the first listen or two?

Usually the song is something about society and is just spot-on and I love it. When I sit down and listen to it 100%, not for leisure. It's when I'm paying attention to the lyrics, usually when listening to album all the way through for the first time. After that, I can't listen to it again, like in the car or on the bus where it's just background noise for me.

And I'm never in the mood to actually sit down and listen to inspirational music, it kinda just happens when I listen to album for the first time. But I just can't listen to it again. What's the one song by Hopsin where he talks shit to teenagers smoking weed and girls getting knocked up and shit? I can't listen to that again, even though I really liked the song.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
if i want to be inspired, I listen to young jeezy. for example, I'd bump "get allot" and bust out a 10 page poli sci paper. i don't need socially conscious lyrics to get inspired - in fact, I get annoyed, because it's rappers less smarter than me trying to tell me about things.

dilla

I couldn't think of a better word to describe "socially-conscious" music. Dead Prez comes to mind. A lot of JMT and AOTP stuff. Unless it has a sick beat that will allow me to forget that there's lyrics in the background when I'm listening, I can't do it.

I could listen to "Win" by Jeezy all day. But the second we get on to stuff about girls being tramps and coons shouldn't be running around shooting people and smoking weed, I can only listen to it once or twice. Yet others will say they can listen to it forever.

Also, I think I'm gonna get headphones. A good pair. Not too expensive, because I'm not that great of a person, but a decent pair that's good for travelling and listening to an album properly while at home. And for using to watch movies on my computer.

Anyone got suggestions? Otherwise I'm gonna do the uneducated thing and buy a pair of Beats for $300 and tell you guys it's better than the shit you guys have because it cost more.

I'm not looking to spend that much, btw. Senneheiser seems to be a quality company and reasonable prices.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online