This is my thread

Chronic

So best sound will be a vinyl from 1970?

Just making sure before I download it all
Like ARon I usually prefer the original more raw-sounding versions, which includes the sweet sound of static. Every now and then you do get remastered versions that are better, simply because the original version was poorly mastered.
There's also the fact that remastered versions tend to be louder. I've decreased the volume on some remastered songs and compared them to the original and that's when you hear the only difference is that they're louder but with a decreased quality.

Something else to consider is mono and stereo versions. A lot of the time the mono version sounds a lot better. Even when they released the original version in both mono and stereo. A good site to check for original versions is:

www.discogs.com

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
A lot of my vinyls are mono.

The other thing to consider is that your ipod and in-ear headphones aren't going to give you a great listening experience. So most rips are going to sound the same / similar.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
Is there anything out there that emulates Facebook Messenger? I don't want to use Facebook anymore but I have a message thread with college friends that I frequent daily. Is there something that can be done to have a thread accessible on mobile, as well as desktop? Does Google + have something similar?

Da_Funk

Is there anything out there that emulates Facebook Messenger? I don't want to use Facebook anymore but I have a message thread with college friends that I frequent daily. Is there something that can be done to have a thread accessible on mobile, as well as desktop? Does Google + have something similar?
If you don't want to use Facebook but want to partake in the message thread then don't use facebook unless it's to check that thread. Duuuurrrr.

dilla

Yeah but I have no self control and would end up looking at my news feed and getting lost in it and posting stupid shit that I usually do.

I'm trying to get away from that.

dilla

I decided not to. I was talking with my close friends, the ones I have the message thread with on FB, and we tried (for 30 minutes) Google Plus and adding each other into a private circle of our own and sharing content and discussions there, but G+ is just shitty and has nothing that's identical to FB Messenger and even sharing content with a small group of people is a chore, since it's tough to navigate between feeds of who you follow and who are your actual friends (IGN vs. Joe Smiht, the best friend).

Fuck Google Plus.

ARon

So my sister's boyfriend bought this little 50cc scooter from this guy that always goes into my sister's bar for $100 bucks. Pretty cheap price so it was like cool let's ride it around during the summer. The summer is over so he decides to sell it on Craigslist for $300. It's been on Craigslist for about a week as of today and he gets a call that these two kids are going to come check it out and test drive it etc. So these two 16 year olds show up on feet and another scooter and straight up try jacking it. I chased this kid down the street and pushed him off his scooter and it broke when it ran into a tree. We drag em back to our house and call the police. Come to find out it's his actual bike and it was stolen from him by the fuck that my sisters boyfriend bought it from. I feel bad but at the same time it's like what the fuck were these kids thinking. You never know who you're going to meet with Craigslist so my sisters boyfriend legit had a gun on him, cus it's the good ole USA of course. It could have turned out really really bad. I didn't expect him to shoot the kid but it could have happened ya know, I'm glad he showed restraint. Anyway that's my fun afternoon story for you all

I have to add, as white trash as this story sounds I promise I am not. The kids mom pulled up in a benz. At first I was like oh shit it's Pitts! but yeah

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.