The Top 5 Most Overrated rappers in the industry

1.) 50 CENT
"Cuz you go platinum it don't mean that ya ill / It just means a million people can't judge skill"
- Basic lyrics
- Publicity whore
- Probably only got signed because Em saw the potential in marketing someone who's been shot nine times and survived to tell the tale (it's just a shame Saigon aint taken a few more bullets)
- Smackdown / Raw beef with nearly every rapper alive.

2.) JADAKISS
"You can't be serious with a flow that fleeting / cats only love your voice when the hoe stop speaking"
- Aphorrent Flow
- Supremely Over rated as a lyricist
- Bandwagon jumper - unoriginal and tries to recreate what has already been done and proven to be successful. The epitomy of uncreative.
- And I've never heard anyone from NYC say they do actually like his voice so I'm guessing with all that crack going to his head, he thinks that Styles and Sheek represent the entire population of Newyork.

3.) NaS
"One was nah...the other was Illmatic / That's a one hot album every ten year average"
- Inconsistant - It Was Written, I Am and Nastradamus all suck
- From album to album he adopts personas borrowed from other rappers and subtly tweaks them to suit his style. Back in 96' he was on that Biggie shit, more recently he's been imitating Pac far too much for my liking.
- Has never moved real units not for want of trying, particularly between 95 - 2000. To his credit however, with the emergence of his latest LP it would appear he is finally comfortable in his own shoes.
- Even after we all thought NaS had finally 'sorted it out' in the post oochie wally wally epoch he had to go and drop the wackness that was 'Zone Out' and everything on that turd of an excuse for an album that the Bravehearts put out.

4.) CAMRON
"you rent-a-mobsters fester like melestors to pray on / aint nuthin but childs play, composition crayon"
- More wack nursery rhyme basic lyrics.
- Has a tendency to finish each line with the same word as he used in the line before to rhyme; that's just wack.
- Switch up your limited subject matter dude! There is only so much Coke, guns and fast cars I can take on one album.
- Despite what he's been saying, 'Purple Haze' didn't flop through lack of promotion from Def Jam, it flopped because it was probably the worst thing to come out of Rocafella since the rumors they had signed Victoria Beckham to a rap contract.

5.) GAME
"and if they real g's why don't u see em in the streets / without sixty three body gaurds and off duty police?"
- Name dropping. How many more times can a dude mention Pac, Dre, Jay Z, Nas, 50 Cent, Eazy E, NWA or Biggie on one album without admitting he's actually attempting a guiness world 'wackness' record?
- Bites like a mutha fucker. I know Jay is supposed to be the biggest criminal when it comes to this but not even his debut was filled with so much stolen shit.
- Without 50 he wouldn't sell and that says a lot considering he's on arguably the most successful rap label of the era. He's got 2 singles out both featuring 50, been on the billboards for 7 weeks and only just gone platinum.

cm_millionaire said:
3.) NaS
"One was nah...the other was Illmatic / That's a one hot album every ten year average"
- Inconsistant - It Was Written, I Am and Nastradamus all suck
- From album to album he adopts personas borrowed from other rappers and subtly tweaks them to suit his style. Back in 96' he was on that Biggie shit, more recently he's been imitating Pac far too much for my liking.
- Has never moved real units not for want of trying, particularly between 95 - 2000. To his credit however, with the emergence of his latest LP it would appear he is finally comfortable in his own shoes.
- Even after we all thought NaS had finally 'sorted it out' in the post oochie wally wally epoch he had to go and drop the wackness that was 'Zone Out' and everything on that turd of an excuse for an album that the Bravehearts put out.
I dont understand how u say nas is imitating 2pac?

It Was Written is a near classic album, I Am was dope its got alotta tight songs on there (Undying Love, Favor For a Favor, You Wont See Me Tonight, Nas Is Like, Life Is What You Make It...the whole cd is dope) easily a 4 or 4.5 mic album

Nastradamus was a average album at best easily 4 mics u still got dope songs on there like project windows

Who cares how many albums nas sales? U just said 50 isnt the best cuz hes sellin so much music then u say nas isnt sellin any records? :rolleyes: ...All his albums are plat except lost tapes and his new one. It Was Written went triple plat

I guess im one of the few who liked zone out..nas killed it and shitted on camron lol

1. I disagree with this simply for the fact that I don't know any heads who actually rate 50 as anything but average.

2. I agree with many of your comments here.

3. Again, some comments I agree with, some I don't.

4. True, true & true.

5. True, true & true again.

2pacnbiggie said:
I dont understand how u say nas is imitating 2pac?

It Was Writtem is a near classic album, I Am was dope its got alotta tight songs on there (Undying Love, Favor For a Favor, You Wont See Me Tonight, Nas Is Like, Life Is What You Make It...the whole cd is dope) easily a 4 or 4.5 mic album

Nastradamus was a average album at best easily 4 mics u still got dope songs on there like project windows

Who cares how many albums nas sales? U just said 50 isnt the best cuz hes sellin so much music then u say nas isnt sellin any records? :rolleyes: ...All his albums are plat except lost tapes and his new one. It Was Written went triple plat

I guess im one of the few who liked zone out..nas killed it and shitted on camron lol
The whole of God's Son was crafted from a 2Pacesque portrayal. Everything from his pose on the album cover, his consistant comparisons and immitations of Black Panther members, the introspective style of his tracks (esp in addressing his mother), the socially aware eccentric, the tattoo across his stomach, the track he actually put on the album which featured 2Pac himself, the emotive tenseness etc..he's been emulating 2Pac a long time; the sample on 'Ether', the philospher title of his forth album...I could go on but I'm hoping you get the picture.

The only half decent track on Nastradamus was 'Shoot Em Up', the only two half decent tracks on I Am was 'NaS Is Like' and 'NY State Of Mind pt 2'. If you disagree, your entitled to your opinion but I suggest you get out and listen to more hip hop. Similarly, if you think 'It Was Written' is a near classic - you obviously havent heard enough hip hop.

I didn't lambast 50 because he is selling records, I merely stated that because he was it doesn't make him a great rapper ie- talent doesn't translate into sales. 5O Cent, hate him or love him tries and succeeds in making hit records as does Jigga. In reality NaS has been trying to reach Jay Z's selling level throughout his career but has been unsuccessful because he can't make consistant hit records. His biggest track has been 'If I Ruled The World' where he cashed in on Lauryn Hill's popularity of the time; more or less anyone can make a hit record with a famous and well respected female artist on the hook; It Was Written went triple platinum on the strength of that alone and it speaks volumes that no album NaS has released in nearly ten years has sold so well.

Rather Unique said:
^^ Zone Out was a great i agree

Cm Millionaire is on Pac's dick man, need to get his cum out your mouth :thumb:
Oh...I knew I could have expected such an intelligent contribution from you. Just to inform you dunny, 2Pac probably wouldn't make my top five rappers of all time so your little insult is rendered slightly irrelevant now. Once agin I make you look like the unintelligent fool you are. How does it feel to be so immature?

2Pax

I agree to some extent with four artists, but Jadakiss is NOT overrated, the props he's getting, he deserves.

cm_millionaire said:
The whole of God's Son was crafted from a 2Pacesque portrayal. Everything from his pose on the album cover, his consistant comparisons and immitations of Black Panther members, the introspective style of his tracks (esp in addressing his mother), the socially aware eccentric, the tattoo across his stomach, the track he actually put on the album which featured 2Pac himself, the emotive tenseness etc..he's been emulating 2Pac a long time; the sample on 'Ether', the philospher title of his forth album...I could go on but I'm hoping you get the picture.

The only half decent track on Nastradamus was 'Shoot Em Up', the only two half decent tracks on I Am was 'NaS Is Like' and 'NY State Of Mind pt 2'. If you disagree, your entitled to your opinion but I suggest you get out and listen to more hip hop. Similarly, if you think 'It Was Written' is a near classic - you obviously havent heard enough hip hop.

I didn't lambast 50 because he is selling records, I merely stated that because he was it doesn't make him a great rapper ie- talent doesn't translate into sales. 5O Cent, hate him or love him tries and succeeds in making hit records as does Jigga. In reality NaS has been trying to reach Jay Z's selling level throughout his career but has been unsuccessful because he can't make consistant hit records. His biggest track has been 'If I Ruled The World' where he cashed in on Lauryn Hill's popularity of the time; more or less anyone can make a hit record with a famous and well respected female artist on the hook; It Was Written went triple platinum on the strength of that alone and it speaks volumes that no album NaS has released in nearly ten years has sold so well.
LOL so pac was the first one that can take pics of himself without a shirt on? Pac is the only one that can make poses like that? wtf?

Pac was the only one to do introspective songs? I dont see why nas cant do em if he wants, Nas style is more geared towards storytelling than anything. I guess since AZ, Mos Def, Kweli, Immortal Technique, and Common do introspective songs they are biting pac also huh?

and i guess pac was the first to get tattoos across his stomach right? If u compare everything to tupac then u gonna think everybody is biting him :rolleyes:

It Was Written was dope, i dont see how u can overlook classic tracks like the message, if i ruled the world, street dreams and especially affirmative action. I say its like one or maybe 2 tracks i wasnt feelin on it was written its easily a 4 or 4.5 mic album

I Am had some dope tracks too, Undying love is a top 5-10 nas track the storytellin is ill on that one.

Either way if i ruled the world was his biggest track so be it, but u act like he hasnt had any hits since then...I Can, Nas Is Like Made You Look, Got Urself A Gun, and One Mic were all dope tracks that got alotta airplay on radio/tv by himself.

Nas isnt overrated at all hes the best rapper alive

2pacnbiggie said:
Nas isnt overrated at all hes the best rapper alive
And just because you finished with that sentence I'm not even going to honour you with a reply. You've single handidly with one sentence shown your misapprehension on the whole genre of hip hop. There are a hundred - maybe a thousand emcees alive ten times better than the current NaS- it's obviously a shame you havent heard them on whatever local pop radio you listen to.

I suggest go listen to some Saigon, MF Doom, Madlibs, Edan, Francis Sage, Ali, Culture VI, Beans and wake the fuck up dunny!

cm_millionaire said:
And just because you finished with that sentence I'm not even going to honour you with a reply. You've single handidly with one sentence shown your misapprehension on the whole genre of hip hop. There are a hundred - maybe a thousand emcees alive ten times better than the current NaS- it's obviously a shame you havent heard them on whatever local pop radio you listen to.

I suggest go listen to some Saigon, MF Doom, Madlibs, Edan, Francis Sage, Ali, Culture VI, Beans and wake the fuck up dunny!
lol just cuz i stated my opinion like u stated yours u dont feel to need to honor me with a reply? lol...

Sure those guys maybe as good as nas (lol @ beans tho hes no where near nas).

Compare Nas body of work to theirs, nas is better than all of them i dont see how hes overrated at all

2pacnbiggie said:
lol just cuz i stated my opinion like u stated yours u dont feel to need to honor me with a reply? lol...

Sure those guys maybe as good as nas (lol @ beans tho hes no where near nas).

Compare Nas body of work to theirs, nas is better than all of them i dont see how hes overrated at all
Hahaha. You thought I was talking about Beanie Sigel you dumbass.
That says it all!
Don't front like you've heard of anyone I mentioned cuz you aint.
Nas has had one classic album. Get over it.

PDT

Nas? What tha fuck you talkin'. I liked Zone Out too, mainly tha beat, but you know. Nastradamus is his only weak album, I Am had a shitload of dope songs, Illmatic, Stillmatic & Lost Tapes is classic, It Was Written is right under those, if it wasn't for a few tracks [Watch Dem Niggas, Nas Is Coming & Black Girl Lost].

i mean shouldnt 2pac in there, he is the most over-rated lyricsist off all time, he has no word-play, no multis, no punchlines, no metaphors, just deep lines and he is considered the G.O.A.T to these Pac stans :confused:

Rather Unique said:
i mean shouldnt 2pac in there, he is the most over-rated lyricsist off all time, he has no word-play, no multis, no punchlines, no metaphors, just deep lines and he is considered the G.O.A.T to these Pac stans :confused:
2Pac the most overrated lyricist?? Hardly. If anything he is UNDERRATED as a lyricist. Pac could use multis, complex wordplay, and punchlines if he so desired to do so.

He preferred to keep it simple though, because he was all about the message. The message itself is, afterall, FAR more important wordplay, metaphors, etc etc......people in the struggle dont give a fuck how clever your wordplay is. They gonna relate to what Pac is saying.

Anyway, top 5 most overrated rapppers alive:

1. Eminem
2. 50 Cent
3. Jay Z
4. Ludacris
5. Kanye West

Eminem and Jay Z are both two of the most overrated rappers of all time.

Hellrazor1978 said:
2Pac the most overrated lyricist?? Hardly. If anything he is UNDERRATED as a lyricist. Pac could use multis, complex wordplay, and punchlines if he so desired to do so.

He preferred to keep it simple though, because he was all about the message. The message itself is, afterall, FAR more important wordplay, metaphors, etc etc......people in the struggle dont give a fuck how clever your wordplay is. They gonna relate to what Pac is saying.

Anyway, top 5 most overrated rapppers alive:

1. Eminem
2. 50 Cent
3. Jay Z
4. Ludacris
5. Kanye West

Eminem and Jay Z are both two of the most overrated rappers of all time.

sorry but i might be wrong, im just basing on from what i heards, but ima just tryna prove a point to the thread starter how can Nas be in that top 5, when he is the best story teller and has the most creative songs :

Rewind
I gave you power
undying love
amongst kings
get down
book of rhymes

Doin music like that inherits him being over-rated, tell me another rapper who is alive that has been more creative then Nas, there maybe a few but not many, people like Jay-z, Eminem should be in your list not Nas and Jada :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.