The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Kobe

If anything Ariza owns Artest (I was low when I heard Ariza was leaving). I think even Artest sarcastically mentioned to one reporter that Ariza was better than him. Sarcasm or not, Lakers could do with Ariza right now but it's not to be. The thing is, players like Artest just slip into those zones where they are beyond help some times. He has been missing open shots a lot and it's up to him to get out of that slump and start making them. (See Ray Allen) Phil Jackson can't do anything to get him out of that slump. Now, when it comes to defense, that's where I have no doubt that Artest needs to get a wake up call. That's the reason he was brought to LA, even though he had to talk to Bryant while he was in the shower about it :amuse:

Two years ago, Ron Artest walked into the locker room at TD Garden and promised things would be different if he were on the Lakers. He told Lamar Odom in the hallway, Brian Shaw in the training room and, most memorably, Kobe Bryant in the shower. He told them all he wanted to join the Lakers to help them win a championship and beat the Celtics.
Some Lakers fans have already drawn up plans for Odom and Artest to leave at the end of the season. I say, lets wait and see what happens in Game 6 coz really Lakers are down, not out. In that light: the Staples Center crowd sucks when it comes to getting behind the team. Just kick out the celebrities for the next game (except Jack, he can handle the truth) and bring in the guys way up high in the stands to the lower levels. That's the game winning formula right there.

ArtsyGirl

Artest is annoying because half the time he's got great defense. Then 80% of the time he's making crappy decisions on offense. Then the other 20% (might be generous) he's making game winning shots. So you can never really get to the point where you absolutely hate the guy or absolutely love him. Ariza was good but wasn't he just a bench player and wasn't really the defensive guy for LA? Anyway Ron is the guy we got so lets just hope he doesn't fuck this up. Gasol needs to step up too, they kept him quiet in Boston.

ARon

What does that make you think? That refs miss calls? ok. I see that there are a lot of cheap ass calls and flops called and everyone knows this and that it is a problem.

Only thing I'm pissed about is them not being able to replay the shot clock violation, such a huge call in the game, just get it right

ArtsyGirl

I don't get why they let them review possession balls, like the ones in Game 4, but shot clock violations arn't. Shot clock violations just as crucial. I guess they don't want to review every call, but in Finals and in the last minutes of the game its kinda important to get it right..

officiating hes been terrible on both side. a lot of calls toward the end of the game really change the out come. there has been no consistency. each game its like the refs mindset changes.

What does that make you think? That refs miss calls? ok. I see that there are a lot of cheap ass calls and flops called and everyone knows this and that it is a problem.

Only thing I'm pissed about is them not being able to replay the shot clock violation, such a huge call in the game, just get it right
Makes you think how 95% of the people watching these games are totally fine with the outcome of a game, because they don't review these calls, and the media doesn't point out the calls that are missed or that are given to the other team on purpose. Yea, of course refs miss calls, but when it happens 2 feet away from them, and they let it go... or when they don't even have the angle to make the correct call, but they still call it... there's gotta be someone pulling strings. How about Rondo showing up the Refs by rolling the ball halfway across the court after being called for a foul (that shouldn't have been called against him)? That should have been his second technical. It wasn't called. Had it been anyone else, they would have got a technical.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I haven't watched basketball for a couple of years but I have watched this series. I have to say I love Rondo's work ethic the guy doesn't stop. :thumb:

ArtsyGirl

The other thing I hate is how the ref's allow for the people who are 1 Tech away from being sidelined and they make allowances for that. They don't call one on Rondo cos he already had one, I dont like the fact they call a quick whistle on someone to "control the game" then don't call one because it'll mean suspension. Also I think it is funny how the media downplays the bad calls, the coaches can only say so much or else they get fined so there really is no consequences. I also hate the make up calls, "oops missed one down there so I'll make one up here" it just creates consistent bad calls.

Well this has turned into a few pages of whiny responses from me.. Sorry.

Anyway LA gotta take this to 7 and win it all :D

ARon

Damn Kobe just bodied the fuck out of KG on that layup, crazy

Didn't realize how high Shannon brown got until that replay for commercial break...i hope he jumps over someone soon, or develops a jumpshot

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.