The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

ArtsyGirl

One of the commentators said Kobe and Allen hate each other, don't know why.

I had to LOL @ the part where they had Chris Rock, Adam Sandler and others I can't remember and they were talking about Phil jackson and having ten rings and Chris Rock said "he's startin on the toes" haha.. that made me laugh picturing those massive rings on toes :)

Game 3, hopefully a better officiated game and oh yeah LA win. :) It's gonna be huge.

ARon

Kobe and Ray Allen hate each other for sure...this stems back to when Ray was playing in Seattle, most of you weren't paying attention to the Lakers back then, lol. It's a similar situation to when Allen Iverson went godly and took his pitiful Sixers team to the Finals only to get embarrassed by the Lakers...Kobe locked AI down during that series. Remember him making that huge block from behind, sort of, and AI crying like crazy. AI won the MVP that year but damn he was embarrassed during the Finals.

The Ray Allen Kobe thing reminded me of this

ugh

ARon

Ray Allen starts 0-4....No Jesus Shuttlesworth this game...now KG starts 5-5.

Refs are calling a decent game so far, it's barely into the 1st but ya know

ArtsyGirl

Yep umpires arn't destroying the game yet.

And phew, it looked like it was gonna be a tough game to watch at the beginning.

Odom is playing well.

Hope Gasol can get control of KG.

Kobe

When Rondo tapped Kobe's elbow, Mark Jackson goes, "That's not a foul".

That was a good end to the 1st quarter considering how it started. Lakers are making the stops, they just need to score after they do.

Kobe

@ARon: Hey some of us have been Lakers fans even when Kurt Rambis was head coach :D

Notice how long it took the ref to blow the whistle after Fisher drew the charge on Allen? Jeez....

I also agree that the bench players need to get the ball inside as their shooting from behind the arc was difficult to watch. Some awesome plays in the 2nd quarter, especially the Bryant save to Bynum for the 3pt play. He also seemed much more animated during the half time interview, that's rare. I think the Lakers defense is doing a good job.

Kobe

That was some insane defense by both teams in the 3rd quarter. Bryant is forcing issues a little too much even though he has made some crucial baskets. The rest of the Lakers need to get into it as well. Gasol and Odom especially. Its crazy watching Artest standing at the 3pt line with no confidence to shoot the ball, even when he's open. He's not been great so far in the finals but, if he has to shoot the ball to get into rhythm.

ArtsyGirl

This is getting hard to watch, no Laker is getting in position to do anything.. :( C'mon Lakers.

Umpire waited for Davis' shot to miss before he called a foul (that wasn't there)

ARon

Yeah Paul Pierce is an idiot, he said the same thing about the Orlando series after they won both in Orlando...

Kobe makes those jump shots that's Kobe doing Kobe, he just missed tonight...those shots are why he is who he is, greatest closer we've seen...just usually he makes them lol

I take back everything I have said about Fish being old and slow and flippy floppin like he's on a boat. Summons his inner Mamba and wins the game for the Lakers, good shit.

Ray Allen, I want to call it a fluke, that game 2 of yours, but I know you can shoot well..tonight was just, I don't even know.

Lakers win the next, lose game 5, and win it all in LA, yeahhh!

ArtsyGirl

Kobe was just inconsistent, I think some he was forcing but others were just that the 4 other guys were nowhere to be found which you can say was Celtics defense or laziness but I'm just glad Fisher came through, he's redeemed himself.

I wasn't surprised Ray Allen had an off night, I think that usually happens when you have a freaky game. But I did think he'd get a few. Did he only have 2 points?

I want LA to win in LA. I hate when they win it on the road, just not the same vibe.

Kobe

By the way:

As for Fisher, sure. Lakers have been heavily lacking at the PG position even during the playoffs last year. I remember when Fisher hit that huge 3 pointer in the finals, plenty of Lakers fans sent in their apologies for doubting him the whole season (up to that point). Wherever the Lakers will get a PG from during the off season is really beyond me.
Lakers fans always trash Fisher, it's the same story every season. Somehow he makes a big play in the playoffs and then fans keep talking about how incredible he is. I'll be a fan of his as much as he keeps putting up bricks, making big shots, missing contested, blocked or uncontested lay-ups.
Ya'll gotta love your odds in whatever you do today. It's the only day you'd ever be able to shoot better than Bryant, and the Lakers still win a game at Boston to take a series lead in the NBA Finals. Go for it!!

Fisher: It was crazy how emotional he got, these guys really want redemption for 08, so do the fans.

Kobe

facebook status update:

Kevin Durant Lakers fans are OD arrogant lol..but i aint gon lie they got the right to be....im anxious to see where they r when the reign is ova..hmmm 11 minutes ago
We still here, you just got back from China marketing your shoes :)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.