The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

ArtsyGirl

I'd be concerned if they lost more often, they are still the top of the west right? They won in Boston, lost to Memphis. I think its bad putting all this out there, should be dealt with in the locker room.

yak pac fatal

^true

i heard pierce might have a broken leg. another L for the celts. thats what happens when you sell out your talented young players. now theyre lookin to trade ray allen.

roaches

stfu! Gasol! you wouldn't have that ring if you weren't donated from the Grizzlies a 2 seasons ago!
kobe wouldn't have #4 if it wasn't for the gasol donation either. lolz at lakers fans getting worked up over mild comments from their best player.

it's not like he doesn't have a point. the lakers are 19th in the league (10th in the west, ahead of only phoenix and golden state in their division) in the percentage of their shots taken at the rim, which is pretty bad considering they have the best frontcourt in the nba and downright horrible when you add in that their leading scorer is injured and his shooting efficiency has gone down every month this season even while the number of shots he takes increases.

(you don't need to hit game-winning buckets if you didn't shoot your team into a hole to begin with)

Kobe

That article doesn't surprise me. I'm glad to know the players on that team want to win. Would be pretty depressing if they lost and, all they did was talk about the record.

Looking at it another way, if Artest made that 3 pointer to win the game, Gasol probably wouldn't have made those honest comments. They would have come out another day anyway. He does have a point in what he says as well.

Yeah, the media will focus on what Gasol said to start something up but, Phil Jackson had it all on point.

Jackson told the team at halftime, when Bryant had 23 of the Lakers’ 50 points, that Bryant was “forcing the action.” Jackson also said in the halftime locker room, alluding to the 29 points Bryant needed in the game to pass Jerry West: “Let’s get him over the hump, so we can play team ball again.”
That road trip ending 5-3 is ok but really, its not good.

Shadows

(you don't need to hit game-winning buckets if you didn't shoot your team into a hole to begin with)
NBA wants everyone to think that the game is close for more ratings, so they pay Kobe $ to be shitty for most of the game, up until the last seconds.

He's fine with it and makes the winning shots. He's most remembered that way anyway.

:lol: jk.

nice point, but man. There were a ton of road games in a row.... 8, if i remember correctly.

Why do the Lakers seem to take games off though, or is it just me?

In past times when Kobe was criticized for shooting too much, and being selfish, he wouldn't shoot for a game or two. Then people would say he's being a bitch for not shooting.

I hope Gasol didn't spark another feud between two greats. It would be a damn shame.

yak pac fatal

^na man, to the spurs for richard jefffersons bum ass.

george hill is doing his thing since is stepped into the started lineup. its may be time to trade parker because imo hill is gonna be better.

Snowman

Congrats to Phil becoming the all time Lakers winningest coach, and Kobe the Lakers all time leading scorer.

glad Melo isnt playing tommorrow, we should win by at least 9pts. Kobe will be all right

roaches

It's not about his scoring, it's the efficiency. 2/12 is worse than anything allen iverson's chucked up this year.

more than half of lebron's points tonight have come from the line. i hate it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.