The Official NBA Thread 2011-12

Snowman

sucks no b-ball til the end of october, no real sports on until the NFL and College start up in august/sept.

hey at least we have the NBA draft next week.

The Cavaliers are pursuing a trade of Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic for Vince Carter.

The Bulls have approached the Nets about swapping their 11th pick for Chicago's two picks at 16 and 26. The Bulls would like to select James Johnson.

The Nets are considering Terrence Williams with the 11th pick but could trade down if they believe that Tyler Hansbrough will be available at 16.
VC in Cleveland? Hmmm....
I don't think that would help them in the areas that they need help, they need a dominant big man, and VC, isn't that.

Dwyane Wade wants Miami to make some aggressive moves before he signs a contract extension with the team.

However, Heat president Pat Riley would prefer to lock Wade up for the long-term before making any drastic trades or signings.

"I'm there. Why not fast track this thing anyway while I'm there and let's not give it a chance to get to 2010?" Wade told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. "I'm in my prime right now, playing the best basketball I've ever played, and I feel as good as I ever felt. So let's not wait. Let's do it now if we can do it. So it's not about me signing a contract."

Wade can sign a contract extension beginning July 12, or opt out to become a free agent next summer.

"They have to do everything they can to make sure they want me there for the future," Wade added.

The guard reiterated that he isn't going to be influenced by what anyone else says, perhaps referring to Riley.

"I have a decision to make on my own and that decision has nothing to do with anything that anyone is going to say," Wade said. "I always have the best interest of the basketball team every time I take the court. But in this stage, where you're talking about contracts and free agency, you have to think about yourself and what's best."
knicks? bulls?

The Knicks may not be able to move up and get the No. 2 pick in Thursday's draft, so instead it looks like they're settling on a former No. 2 pick. The bad news: He's probably the most infamous No. 2 since Sam Bowie.

According to a report on ESPN.com, the Knicks are close to acquiring forward Darko Milicic from the Memphis Grizzlies in exchange for Quentin Richardson. Milicic's contract expires at the end of next season, which would clear some cap space for the monster 2010 free agent class.

Milicic, of course, is known for being the ill-advised choice of Larry Brown, Joe Dumars and the Detroit Pistons in the 2003 NBA draft. The Pistons selected Milicic second overall, after LeBron James, passing on Carmello Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade.

If the trade goes through, Milicic, who's owed $7.5M this season, will find himself on his fourth team in seven years in the NBA. Only 24-years-old, the Serbian-born seven-footer averaged 5.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game for the Grizzlies last season.
i like this trade. qrich is a bum.

Scoobyffc

The Pistons selected Milicic second overall, after LeBron James, passing on Carmello Anthony, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade.

lol I didnt remember this
nice choice dumb fucks

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.