The Massacre Growing on any1?

Duke

Staff member
Ha, i didn't listen or download the Massacre on purpose because i knew it wasn't going to be anything special. I knew that if i D/L'ed it (as with GRODT) i'd like some of the beats and catchy tunes and then proceeded to feel guilty for a week for liking it. Hahaha. So i passed up on it on purpose. Word @ Aristotle. Usually i'm on some MC shit when judging when i like the track or not (of course beat is important, but the rapper(s) make or break a track).

I feel like wasting my time listening to 50 when i could listen to a decent emcee.

Duke said:
Ha, i didn't listen or download the Massacre on purpose because i knew it wasn't going to be anything special. I knew that if i D/L'ed it (as with GRODT) i'd like some of the beats and catchy tunes and then proceeded to feel guilty for a week for liking it. Hahaha. So i passed up on it on purpose. Word @ Aristotle. Usually i'm on some MC shit when judging when i like the track or not (of course beat is important, but the rapper(s) make or break a track).

I feel like wasting my time listening to 50 when i could listen to a decent emcee.
Im not even goin to ask you if you would buy the Massacre but hm...the time you listened to 50 or his beats ^ did it enjoy you?

musolini

its more pop than rap. that said the best song is pop on the album. all a nigga need is just a little bit. never liked 50 anyway. he's wack. only few decent tracks he had where on the power of the dollar. if it wasnt for the flow, id probably have to.......get a few beats from dre

Duke

Staff member
one mc on dj said:
Im not even goin to ask you if you would buy the Massacre but hm...the time you listened to 50 or his beats ^ did it enjoy you?

of course. 50 is certainly not a bad emcee (although i said so in the previous post). Power of the Dollar is a great album, 50 came nice and hard and spits tight.

nowadays 50 is getting lame with his lyrics. but hes supported by good production and can still write better than a (J-Kwon, Dupri, Benzino or Chingy, the really bullshit rappers) so on the whole, his music is certainly enjoyable.

thats what 50 and g-unit is doing so well. making enjoyable music and marketing it well. its just that, from a hip-hop point of view, these albums are absolutely nothing special (well, the beats perhaps but not even so) so id rather spend my time listening to another album than a 50 album.

ill put it like this: 50's music is going in the same cubicle as, say, crunk music. or a band like Coldplay or Muse. it's something i'd certainly not be annoyed with when its played, but its not something id put on myself

feel me?

Duke

Staff member
musolini said:
if it wasnt for the flow, id probably have to.......get a few beats from dre
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's going in my sig, homie. lmao :thumb:

btw, where ya from in holland?

Duke said:
of course. 50 is certainly not a bad emcee (although i said so in the previous post). Power of the Dollar is a great album, 50 came nice and hard and spits tight.

nowadays 50 is getting lame with his lyrics. but hes supported by good production and can still write better than a (J-Kwon, Dupri, Benzino or Chingy, the really bullshit rappers) so on the whole, his music is certainly enjoyable.

thats what 50 and g-unit is doing so well. making enjoyable music and marketing it well. its just that, from a hip-hop point of view, these albums are absolutely nothing special (well, the beats perhaps but not even so) so id rather spend my time listening to another album than a 50 album.

ill put it like this: 50's music is going in the same cubicle as, say, crunk music. or a band like Coldplay or Muse. it's something i'd certainly not be annoyed with when its played, but its not something id put on myself

feel me?
Yeah thats what I say all the time lol....It's not worth hating on neway...You know I'd rather listen to something else but I am not going to deny that the whole aftermath camp got beats that stay in ya head all day and I think you gotta give em props wether you see it as a real hip hop or as pop it doesn't matter cuz in the end it is all music. Maybe it is fucking the culture up maybe it is not cuz it's already been fucked...so whatever back on what I wanted to say...

I give em props for makin catchy tunes...I will probably never buy one album of em again tho I don't feel their music that much anymore Im listening to lots of other artists that make quality music.

Duke

Staff member
one mc on dj said:
Yeah thats what I say all the time lol....It's not worth hating on neway...You know I'd rather listen to something else but I am not going to deny that the whole aftermath camp got beats that stay in ya head all day and I think you gotta give em props wether you see it as a real hip hop or as pop it doesn't matter cuz in the end it is all music. Maybe it is fucking the culture up maybe it is not cuz it's already been fucked...so whatever back on what I wanted to say...

I give em props for makin catchy tunes...I will probably never buy one album of em again tho I don't feel their music that much anymore Im listening to lots of other artists that make quality music.
word, thats how i see it. ill give em props for making decent music and being sound businessmen. but theyre not getting props for the hip hop they put out cos from that point of view its pretty crappy music.

but in the end i cant be bothered to hate on it. they do what they do. good for them.

2pacnbiggie said:
lol well if u hated the album why did u keep listening to it?
the album does grow on u tho, it was never wack to begin wit it just has alotta filler tracks its a average album about 3.5 mics
real talk.

its pretty good actually, i like it a lot more than the first time i listened to it...especially the production
the beats are awesome although i was expecting a few dre beats but i think 50 did a good job of gettin the right producers and i think the flows pretty good too and gets better

ARon

Put it this way, I'd rather listen to an album of The Massacre' Instrumentals, then The Massacre. To me that doesn't speak highly of 50, the album still isn't good with that kind of production, he should try harder maybe?
It just really annoys me that something like this is being praised so highly, not by most fans but my magazines and mtv and such. I just wish people from the outside trying to get a glimpse of the inside were confronted with what this art is really about, not the 50 cents and so forth.

this album grew on me like a damn rash......... i mean first time i heard it i was like wtf is this trash and a week later its the only thing im listening to.

the ski mask way drew me into listening to the rest of the album and im glad it did ...... its a decent album nothing special but above average imo.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.