The Documentary (The Game) Sells 400,000 In One Day

After only one day on the shelves, the Game reportedly sold roughly 400,000 copies of his debut album The Documentary, released Tuesday (Jan. 18). While official figures won't be available until Nielsen Soundscan numbers are released next week, The Documentary is expected to exceed 600,000. And Game remains optimistic. "Hopefully, we'll live up to that expectation - 400,000 in one day. I think that's big," the Game told AllHipHop.com. "I don't think no one has sold 400,000 in one day. It's got to be amazing, so hopefully I'm the first one. Ultimately as long as I do the units I'm supposed to do with me Aftermath, G Unit, 50, Dre, I'm good." Under the tutelage of fellow Compton native and Aftermath mentor Dr. Dre, the Game's name has remained on the tips of tongues and Game expects it to stay that way. "I didn't start off trying to beat [anybody's] records in the first week," Game continued. "I just wanted to put out good music, please my fans, longevity."

Source: http://www.g-unitworld.com/index.html

I liked the album, admittedly mostly due to the production quality, but Game didn't detract from it & on one or two occasions dropped a jewel. Although 'How We Do' has been around for a while now, it's still a really cool track, & I like the flows Game & 50 employ.

The only thing I didn't like about the album was Game's constant references to 'Pac, Eazy, Dre, BIG etc.

BTW, stefanwzyga, I downloaded it so I don't know about the DVD

Man, I love the album ... feelin' The Game, but what does he mean, 'no one's ever sold 400,000 in one day'? Didn't 50 Cent sell a million in only a day or two?

Oh, and yes, the DVD is definitely worth coppin'. The special edition is five bucks more, and it's got a movie that's almost two hours long.

PaulyPac said:
its a decent debut but lets be real its not a classic
co sign,

Man, I love the album ... feelin' The Game, but what does he mean, 'no one's ever sold 400,000 in one day'? Didn't 50 Cent sell a million in only a day or two?
he means in a single day, not a week. 50 sold like 850 k first week not in a day.

this is pretty hard to believe tho, cos if he sold 400k one day, wouldnt he at least pushed platinum first week ?

S. Fourteen

I know we have people calling it a classic and people saying its not a classic

but

a classic is defined as: Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.

shouldnt you people wait at least a month before commenting on it?

[edit] nevermind, you already hate it anyway because he mentions shoes in every track.

saltynuts said:
I know we have people calling it a classic and people saying its not a classic

but

a classic is defined as: Having lasting significance or worth; enduring.

shouldnt you people wait at least a month before commenting on it?

[edit] nevermind, you already hate it anyway because he mentions shoes in every track.
they should...no doubt...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.