The best 3 records of '05 thus far?

7 Syns

As the title states.

I think this year, hip-hop has been dominated by the mainstream more so then last year was. Matter of fact i think this year is thus far Aftermath's/G-Unit year, ive been really impressed with both The Documentry and The Massacre because I never expected anything. Musically they let off a nice vibe, both aren't classics but dope music and thats all ive ever wanted. However the best record of the year thus far, or the one record which has stood out by miles in my eyes is infact an underground LP. One which i already rate classic, maybe the only idiot to do so but it's just so damn ill.

Anyways my top 3, hate it or love it.

3: The Game - The Documentry
2: 50 Cent - The Massacre
1: O.C. - Starchild.

Side note, go pick that O.C. up because it's in my opinion on par with his classic debut "Word... Life". Shit's just banging start to finish. Good production, some jazz incorporated into the beats. Hot rhymes, truth and ordeals. It's a beautiful thing.

peace.

7 Syns

HellRazor05 said:
styles p - time is money.... will be one.
As will B.E. by Common which im sure. However neither that or Style's record are officially released yet so they don't include.

peace.

Honestly, I can't even listen to The Documentary without being disgusted. Great instrumental album, 10/10, but the most cookie cutter "gangsta" rap lyrics(half of which was name droppin- -).

The Massacre was absolute trash, I cant believe it's even being considerd, The Documentary was a decent joint (hot beats and fair lyrics). Anyway it's way to early in the year to be talking about the top records of 2005, all the highly anticipated joints are still too come.

out of what has been released, I rate these :

1) Cormega - The Testament
2) Beanie Sigel - The B. Comming
3) The Game - The Documentary

The Papoose mixtape is what I'm bumping right now but I wouldnt class that as an album.

S. Fourteen

The Massacre was absolute trash, I cant believe it's even being considerd, The Documentary was a decent joint (hot beats and fair lyrics).
can somebody tell me why you think The Documentary has 'hot beats and fair lyrics' but The Massacre is 'absolute trash'? I don't get it. Are we hearing the same album?

saltynuts said:
can somebody tell me why you think The Documentary has 'hot beats and fair lyrics' but The Massacre is 'absolute trash'? I don't get it. Are we hearing the same album?
cos most ppl dont think 50s album has 'hot' beats or 'hot' lyrix >>' resemble opinions.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.