R.I.P. Jarule's Career

Hurts said:
jason u are incredibly stupid...u know bosses never handle their own business they have ppl doing that for them...
Asking someone to do something like that for you doesn't make you a "boss", NECESSARILY.

Of course bosses don't do their own dirty work. And to be completely unbiased here, Ja Rule, if he HAD orchestrated it, of course the smart thing is to have someone else do it.

My only point in my post is that having something like that done doesn't make you "hard" necessarily.

Stop looking for reasons to hate me and just read my posts you'll understand things a lot better if you put down the hatred.

Bank Robber said:
what does Ja Rule have to do with your friend being raped? we dont need to hear your life story
I thought to someone as intelligen as you (<- honest compliment) would have understood my point.

The point was that just because you ask someone to exact revenge for you doesn't make you "hard" necessarily. I made that post in response to Venemous' question "isn't Ja supposed to be soft?". Thus insinuating with this comment that if Ja did orchestrate what he's being accused of in the report, the action of ordering it makes him "hard". Just proving that isn't the case.

The story of my friend was the first thing that came to mind when looking for a personal occurence where I knew of someone asking someone else to exact revenge for them in a similar manner.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
omg i could really give a fuck if he soft or not.But i dont think soft fake people get other people shot and killed.

and bank robber owned you .

VENOMOUS said:
omg i could really give a fuck if he soft or not.But i dont think soft fake people get other people shot and killed.

and bank robber owned you .
...the fuck are you talking about? He and I weren't even debating you fool. He asked me what my story had to do with Ja, I replied with an explanation. I have hella respect for Bank Robber.

I'm still trying to figure out what your beef is. You asked a question, whether it was a real question or rhetorical, I answered it seriously. Nothing I wrote was against you. All I did was said that having someone get revenge for you doesn't make you hard.

Dude, you lookin' to start beef with people in here. Don't drink so much coffee.

I can't believe the Ja hate there is on this board. What is it with you guys? Everyone's acting like big time gangsters. Who are you guys to criticise Ja? Its not as if you guys have a long criminal record. Face it: the only reason most of you people hate him is because it is "cool" to hate him. I wonder if anyone here has a brain of their own. I have love for Ja because he's doing his thing and doesn't mind other people's business. Let's be real: do your thing, and stop hating on others for no reason.

So what he does "soft" music? I bet there's a lot of rap fans that listen to Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. I am not saying he does soft music, but even if he does, its more about the lyrics and the flow than the topic sometimes. If you listen to some of Pac's songs, you'll notice he makes no sense, but his flow is sick, and that's why a lot of people listen to him: sick flow.

heh.. i suppose to be 'real'.. or 'hard' you have to get signed by dr. dre and eminem.. right? getting in trouble wit the law and dodging murder cases.....?? naaaahhhhhhhhhh..

I can't believe the Ja hate there is on this board. What is it with you guys? Everyone's acting like big time gangsters. Who are you guys to criticise Ja? Its not as if you guys have a long criminal record. Face it: the only reason most of you people hate him is because it is "cool" to hate him. I wonder if anyone here has a brain of their own. I have love for Ja because he's doing his thing and doesn't mind other people's business. Let's be real: do your thing, and stop hating on others for no reason.
I hate him because IMO, he fell off after vVV. As for your question "who are you guys to criticize Ja?"...we're people in society. Some of us (not me) buy his records. Those people DEFINATELY have the right. I'd also like to know what aspects of a post constitute insinuation of being a "gangsta"? How do you give off the impression you're a "big time gangsta" by criticizing?

So what he does "soft" music? I bet there's a lot of rap fans that listen to Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson. I am not saying he does soft music, but even if he does, its more about the lyrics and the flow than the topic sometimes. If you listen to some of Pac's songs, you'll notice he makes no sense, but his flow is sick, and that's why a lot of people listen to him: sick flow
Like Em said in I believe it was "Bump Heads", Ja has wanted to be everyone from Pac and DMX to Teddy Pendergrass and Michael Jackson.

Now...

<mock's Ja's voice> What would it be without youuuuuuuu LMAO...</mocking>

poetraskal said:
heh.. i suppose to be 'real'.. or 'hard' you have to get signed by dr. dre and eminem.. right? getting in trouble wit the law and dodging murder cases.....?? naaaahhhhhhhhhh..
Actually, I'd say a couple of guys I think would probably be 2 of the hardest men in the rap industry are Method Man and Redman. I think those two are pretty fuckin' gangsta.

Eminem IS NOT a gangsta. Far from it.

Dre is pretty gangsta. To me...anyone who was raised in the ghetto with drive bys, killings, massacres, drug deals, gang war fare and other obstacles, and made it out of the hood, made something of themselves, they're gangsta for life (except Snoop lol).

Young Buck is TRUE gangsta. I know he's pleading "not guilty" in his case, but c'mon Buck...they got you on tape. Game is gangsta as well. 50 Cent is gangsta. He may be a terrible rapper (with some exceptions), but he is a gangsta. I'm not into to much East Coast rap, though I'm starting to dig Nas. So I don't know too much about EC rappers.

I hate him because IMO, he fell off after vVV.
What a reason to hate someone. Simply say you disliked his music after a certain album. You don't have to say that you hate the guy personally, and diss him all the time on the Internet.

As for your question "who are you guys to criticize Ja?"...we're people in society.
There are a lot of people that used "he is soft now" as a reason for hating him, meaning that they must think of themselves being harder than him. After all, if you think someone is soft, doesn't that mean you think you're harder? Its like saying someone is thin. That means you think of yourself as weighing more.

'd also like to know what aspects of a post constitute insinuation of being a "gangsta"? How do you give off the impression you're a "big time gangsta" by criticizing?
By saying he's soft, you must know something about being hard. That's what I meant. That's what people are acting like: as if they are harder than him and are experts in being "hard."

What a reason to hate someone. Simply say you disliked his music after a certain album. You don't have to say that you hate the guy personally, and diss him all the time on the Internet.
Never even said I hate him personally. I said I hate Ja Rule, I said nothing about Jeff Atkins

There are a lot of people that used "he is soft now" as a reason for hating him, meaning that they must think of themselves being harder than him. After all, if you think someone is soft, doesn't that mean you think you're harder? Its like saying someone is thin. That means you think of yourself as weighing more.
How in the hell do you get that? To size someone up as something doesn't mean you think you're better. If you're watching a rapper battle and you say "eh, he's ok, but not that good", all you're doing is giving your opinion on how well you think he is. You're not at all saying ANYTHING about yourself or comparing your talent or lack thereof to his.

How in the hell do you get that?

By saying he's soft, you must know something about being hard. That's what I meant. That's what people are acting like: as if they are harder than him and are experts in being "hard."
I think you're way off on this. I don't understand how you've come to form any of these opinions. Making a judgement about SOMEONE ELSE is just that, it has nothing to do with comparing yourself to that person.

jason_g_718 said:
Actually, I'd say a couple of guys I think would probably be 2 of the hardest men in the rap industry are Method Man and Redman. I think those two are pretty fuckin' gangsta.

Dre is pretty gangsta. To me...anyone who was raised in the ghetto with drive bys, killings, massacres, drug deals, gang war fare and other obstacles, and made it out of the hood, made something of themselves, they're gangsta for life (except Snoop lol).

Young Buck is TRUE gangsta. I know he's pleading "not guilty" in his case, but c'mon Buck...they got you on tape. Game is gangsta as well. 50 Cent is gangsta. He may be a terrible rapper (with some exceptions), but he is a gangsta. I'm not into to much East Coast rap, though I'm starting to dig Nas. So I don't know too much about EC rappers.

hmmm.. i agree wit you on buck..! haha.. i always liked him.. game... yea i give it up to him too... 50 cent .. well... i guess so.. heh.. but i gotta disagree wit dre though.. i mean.. jus growin up in tha hood, to me, isnt enough to make you a gangsta.. cuz i know plenty of dudes around the way who grew up in the ghetto, but never ever came outside.. there is no way they could really interact with the real gangsters on the streets, cuz they would probably get punked...

but i guess the definition of 'gangster' is debatable... when i was growing up, you had to be in a gang to be gangster... haha.. but nowadays just having the right attitude can get you the title.. so to me.. its kinda become an empty word... so im not as picky about the people i call 'gangster' as i used to be before... but oh well.. its all good... :thumb:

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
jason_g_718 said:
...the fuck are you talking about? He and I weren't even debating you fool. He asked me what my story had to do with Ja, I replied with an explanation. I have hella respect for Bank Robber.

I'm still trying to figure out what your beef is. You asked a question, whether it was a real question or rhetorical, I answered it seriously. Nothing I wrote was against you. All I did was said that having someone get revenge for you doesn't make you hard.

Dude, you lookin' to start beef with people in here. Don't drink so much coffee.
im trying to start beef?:rolleyes: and trust me bank robber was trying to clown u.If you cant see that then oh well

jason_g_718 said:

The more I hear what you write the more I think that your the wackest poster ever. Your not one of those guys that post things to get attention but your actually serious about what you post. You don't know what gansta is. I'm not gansta but I grew up in the poor, gang runned neighborhood with drugs and all that stupid shit. You need to expand your hip hop horizon. Don't just listen to westcoast but listen to the south, east, west, midwest, underground, commercial, basically everything. You can't truly judge hip-hop until you've listen to a wide variety of styles. If you don't like something listen to it anyway. Nas may not appeal to you but he has had a major effect on rap and is important to the history of hip-hop.

How many times do artists put out great debut albums and then follow it up with garbage? It's because they are no longer involved in the activity that made them great in the first place. They go from rapping about the what they grew up in and get greedy and tailor their lyrics to a mass audience. Redman and Method Man may have once been gangsta but now they live in mansions not the projects.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.