Producers: Johnny J vs. Dr Dre

dr. dre ... Dre has had longer legivity in the game while johnny j has had like two or three years...he did songs on aeom, makaveli and a couple of other non 2pac songs and thats it Dre has released and been alot of cd's and puts out atleast three or so cd's a year with his production on it.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Dre shits over Johnny J

Dre has maintained his consistancy as one of the top producers in the game, despite rap music's evolution changing drastically from 1991 to 2004

Johnny J hasn't made a good beat since the Still I Rise album

no contest

Yea absolutly no contest and If you think other wise(every1 is entittled to their oppinion) BUT I strongly suggest you check the Beats, Dre has been making quality CLASSIC beats for many many years. In terms of sales its also no contest, so to me The only way you would even think of putting JJ above Dre is if your a DR dickryder or a Aftermath hater.

luciano24 said:
dr. dre ... Dre has had longer legivity in the game while johnny j has had like two or three years...he did songs on aeom, makaveli and a couple of other non 2pac songs and thats it Dre has released and been alot of cd's and puts out atleast three or so cd's a year with his production on it.
Quantity doesn't mean quality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying Dre ain't good. No doubt he is also in my opinion the best producer ever in the rap game.

However, to use the amount of albums that Dre has produced as support for the opinion that he is better than Johnny J is a moot point. Just because someone else has put out more than you doesn't mean they're necessarily better.

All this said, I actually think Johnny and Dre are pretty much dead equal as far as talent goes. Too bad JJ isn't one of the top producers in the game right now because he should be. It's really a shame that his talent is going to waste. Dre is a legend because of the VARIOUS people he's worked with, the number of hits he's had and how often his beats end up on unforgettable singles and in the Top 10.

I'd like to see JJ and Dre work together...WHOOOO BOOOY!

Johnny J got way more "musical talent" than dre but no doubting dres the greatest.
BTW Id rather listen to a johnny J beat than dre.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It's not even close and anyone who says it is, is an idiot.

Also there's more to being a producer than making beats.

Anyone who says JJ is riding Pac's dick.

Chronic

LMFAO!

Dr. Dre. He produced the fucking Chronic and Doggystyle. Nuff said.

To quote Pittsey, "Anyone who says JJ is riding Pac's dick.". Either that or they're just blinded.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.