Prince

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
Wasnt 2pac meant to be on the new Prince album?

Cheesyphily16 said:
^ you didn't finish reading my post haha. i realized that after looking into it. pretty amazing to stay in the game that long.
rofl my bad.
yeah true!

Casey

Staff member

FroDawgg said:
hey militant, i have a question. since you're a big prince fan, do you have the song "dance with the devil"? i've been looking for that for a while (never heard it). if you do and you don't mind, could you hook me up? if so, do you have it on CD (i can pay you for a copy)? if not, mp3 will be cool. thanks in advance.
I do indeed. It's an out-take from the "Batman" soundtrack. Was originally slated to be the last cut on the album, and was ultimately replaced by "Batdance".

Send me a PM and I'll upload it for you later. How do you know about that song btw?

FroDawgg

Militant said:
I do indeed. It's an out-take from the "Batman" soundtrack. Was originally slated to be the last cut on the album, and was ultimately replaced by "Batdance".

Send me a PM and I'll upload it for you later. How do you know about that song btw?
yeah, i'm really into batman and i love the soundtrack, and i'm actually starting to get more into prince. i heard about it when doing research on b-sides and cuts from the sdtk. i've actually just bought 3 of the singles for the remixes and b-sides for a batman remix CD i'm making (i have scandalous, batdance, and the future...the only partyman CD single i can find doesn't have the remixes that are on the vinyl, and the b-side on the arms of orion is on his hits and b-sides collection, which i'm planning to get). i heard OF "dance with the devil" but have never actually heard it. i really appreciate it. i'll PM you now. thanks a bunch.

peace.

Okay, it seems ive just randomly made this one up then! Wait am gonna try and find what I must have read!

stefanwzyga said:
He's probally had more bitches in one night than you've had in your life time.
lol true:laugh:

im not a big Prince fan, but there are many nice Prince songz. I've already got 3121... its not a bad album imo, but i've heard better.

15 000 unreleased songs? omg, thats much... he works very hard, just like Pac did... it'd be dope if he appear on a Pac track!

Casey

Staff member

FroDawgg said:
yeah, i'm really into batman and i love the soundtrack, and i'm actually starting to get more into prince. i heard about it when doing research on b-sides and cuts from the sdtk. i've actually just bought 3 of the singles for the remixes and b-sides for a batman remix CD i'm making (i have scandalous, batdance, and the future...the only partyman CD single i can find doesn't have the remixes that are on the vinyl, and the b-side on the arms of orion is on his hits and b-sides collection, which i'm planning to get). i heard OF "dance with the devil" but have never actually heard it. i really appreciate it. i'll PM you now. thanks a bunch.

peace.

"Young and old gather round, everybody hail the new king in town! Partyman....partymaaan" - I fuckin love Partyman, it's one of my all time Prince favorites.

What's the tracklistings for the singles you have? There's different versions of some of them. I'm not sure if some of the Partyman remixes are available on CD... I have them on MP3 though...like the Purple Party Remix etc....Upping 'Dance With The Devil' now, will PM you the link.

FroDawgg

Militant said:
"Young and old gather round, everybody hail the new king in town! Partyman....partymaaan" - I fuckin love Partyman, it's one of my all time Prince favorites.

What's the tracklistings for the singles you have? There's different versions of some of them. I'm not sure if some of the Partyman remixes are available on CD... I have them on MP3 though...like the Purple Party Remix etc....Upping 'Dance With The Devil' now, will PM you the link.
on batdance: "the bat mix", "vicki vale mix", and "200 balloons"
on the future: "the future" remix and "electric chair" remix
on scandalous: the scandalous sex suite ("the crime", "the passion", and "the rapture"), "sex", and "when 2 r in love"

i think the partyman CD single only has the video mix and "feel u up (long stroke)" which is on the hits/b-sides as well as "i love u in me" from arms of orion.

the partyman vinyl has the purple mix and a few others i think

once again, thanks for the track

FroDawgg

militant, just listened to the track. it is good, i heard it was dark, which i like. longer than i expected though. thanks a million.

Casey

Staff member

FroDawgg said:
on batdance: "the bat mix", "vicki vale mix", and "200 balloons"
on the future: "the future" remix and "electric chair" remix
on scandalous: the scandalous sex suite ("the crime", "the passion", and "the rapture"), "sex", and "when 2 r in love"

i think the partyman CD single only has the video mix and "feel u up (long stroke)" which is on the hits/b-sides as well as "i love u in me" from arms of orion.

the partyman vinyl has the purple mix and a few others i think

once again, thanks for the track
There is a japanese CD single of Partyman that includes all the remixes, and also a German 3" CD Single with the remixes....but both of these are harder to find.

No problem, let me know if you need anything else Prince-related and I'll see if I can hook you up.

whoa! militant i need to get some unreleased shit from ya :thumb:

FroDawgg - do u like Arms of Orion? i love that track...i've heard many fans diss it :mad:

FroDawgg

Militant said:
There is a japanese CD single of Partyman that includes all the remixes, and also a German 3" CD Single with the remixes....but both of these are harder to find.

No problem, let me know if you need anything else Prince-related and I'll see if I can hook you up.
thanks, man, i'll try to find those

Fonzy` said:
whoa! militant i need to get some unreleased shit from ya

FroDawgg - do u like Arms of Orion? i love that track...i've heard many fans diss it :mad:
yeah, i love that song, it's my favorite on the album. i can see where people might think it's "cheesy" but i love it. i love the harmony, especially in the verses after the first chorus.

PS...i love how this turned from a 2pac/prince thread into a Batman/prince thread:laugh:

Casey

Staff member

/\ haha it's all good.

I'm an "Arms Of Orion" fan as well :D

FroDawwg, also look for the Japanese release of the "Scandalous Sex Suite" EP. That also contains the Partyman remixes.

Fonzy, no worries, get at me anytime.

FroDawgg

^^^well i have the scandalous sex suite CD single, and it just has the 3 scandalous parts, sex, and when 2 r in love. are you talking about another issue? or is it vinyl?

Shot 21

Might as well move this to Dont Stop The Music lol. Never been a Prince fan, never will but i got major respect for him. Hes pretty influential in todays R&B and even Hip Hop. Would be dope to hear him on a Pac track. Rather him than Elton John.

Casey

Staff member

Shot 21 said:
Never been a Prince fan, never will
Bit of a closed-minded attitude bro. I could play you Prince shit that will blow your mind...but whatever.

FroDawwg - Yeah it's the Japanese only release of Scandalous Sex Suite that contains the Partyman remixes. The tracklist for the Japanese release is as follows:

1. The Crime
2. The Passion
2. The Rapture
4. Sex
5. When 2 R In Love
6. Partyman - Purple Party Mix
7. Partyman - Music Mix
8. Partyman - Video Mix
9. Feel U Up (Short Stroke)

It's not too hard to find....but it'll cost you around $60.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member

Militant said:
Dude. Prince has over 15,000 unreleased songs, at least. There's a documentary where Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) talks about how went out to Prince's place (Paisley Park) to shoot some footage - He was talking to an assistant there, who had been working there for ONE YEAR, and in that year Prince had apparently shot 50 high budget music videos for songs off albums that won't be released. I have 1500 or so unreleased Prince MP3's (granted some stuff is alternate versions and outtakes), but the stuff thats leaked and available on bootlegs probably doesn't even represent a tenth of what he has in "The Vault".
holy shit man thats crazy...and they say pac is a work-a-holic lol..

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member

I was acctually watching the 2005 Brit awards which was played again just a few weeks back on much music (I'm 85% sure the performance I saw was from the brit awards..)...

well as i was saying..his performance was great....his music sounds really good too..he's an amazing artist..and all the girls dancing in the backround (of his performance) looked prettty good too lol....he really know how to entertain a crowed

I wonder what he has plan for all those songs tho..?

I also think him and pac would work great together..it seems like Prince must've worked very fast paced since he did like 15,000 songs...and Pac works fast as well....so imo they would be great on some callabo's....prince as a backround singer on some songs...pac in the backround for some of prince's songs...u know...

FroDawgg said:
PS...i love how this turned from a 2pac/prince thread into a Batman/prince thread:laugh:
Yupp..its all good:thumb:

Shot 21: Prince is on Ghetto Gospel OG hah he just says 'dearly beloved' thru the chorus :p
or listen to Thugs Get Lonely Too OG & u can hear Prince all the way thru...
then take a listen to 2 Live & DIe in LA (remake of Princes - Do Me, Baby)
Pac's Life, Is It Kool 2 Fuck, Whats Ur Phone # + some others that cant think of rite now..

Now Playin: Prince And The Revolution - City Lights - Atlanta '85 - January 4th, 1985 (Disc 2) - 03 - Purple Rain 18mins40secs
awesome :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.