Prince

I remember an intervgiew where it talked about Prince being on the new Pac album (Pacs Life?) and Pac being on Princes new album of 2006? Well Princes album is out and Pac is not on it?

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
Wasnt 2pac meant to be on the new Prince album?

i don't recall anything about this. i suspect someone was bullshitting.

Casey

Staff member

There's no way in hell Prince would have put 'Pac on his new album. Since his conversion to being a Jehovah's witness back in 2001, he won't even perform his OWN SONGS if they contain cursing. He won't perform "Erotic City", "Head", "Darling Nikki", and a whole lot more songs anymore. I don't think there's been a guest rapper on any of his albums since Chuck D and Eve were on the Rave album back in 1999 - and even that was before he became a JW, too.

I guess it's possible that he would make an appearance on a 'Pac album, it would be tight if he re-sang "Pop Life"...but the most he'll probably do is allow the sample to be cleared.

But regardless, the new Prince CD "3121" is fucking tight, and I suggest you all cop it and listen to some dope music.

Some of his older songs were ok. Not really a Prince fan, but isnt it true he has like 300 unreleased songs? My boys dad told me this, but of course he's not the most reliable source on information (crackhead).. but i think ive heard that elsewhere also..

BrownMan said:
*cough* fag *cough*
stfu.

btw, your probibly remembering the interview talking about PRINCE being on the new PAC ALBUM and his song being the title track.

Casey

Staff member

Fataldawg said:
Some of his older songs were ok. Not really a Prince fan, but isnt it true he has like 300 unreleased songs? My boys dad told me this, but of course he's not the most reliable source on information (crackhead).. but i think ive heard that elsewhere also..

Dude. Prince has over 15,000 unreleased songs, at least. There's a documentary where Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) talks about how went out to Prince's place (Paisley Park) to shoot some footage - He was talking to an assistant there, who had been working there for ONE YEAR, and in that year Prince had apparently shot 50 high budget music videos for songs off albums that won't be released. I have 1500 or so unreleased Prince MP3's (granted some stuff is alternate versions and outtakes), but the stuff thats leaked and available on bootlegs probably doesn't even represent a tenth of what he has in "The Vault".

HOLY FUCKEN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15,000 unreleased songs?!?!

Is 3121 a collection of Unreleased songs or new ones?

What does 3121 mean?

Militant said:
Dude. Prince has over 15,000 unreleased songs, at least. There's a documentary where Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) talks about how went out to Prince's place (Paisley Park) to shoot some footage - He was talking to an assistant there, who had been working there for ONE YEAR, and in that year Prince had apparently shot 50 high budget music videos for songs off albums that won't be released. I have 1500 or so unreleased Prince MP3's (granted some stuff is alternate versions and outtakes), but the stuff thats leaked and available on bootlegs probably doesn't even represent a tenth of what he has in "The Vault".
Damn thats crazy shit.. Wonder why he would spend the money making those videos if they'll never be released? I guess he does it for personal reasons plus to leave a legacy i assume..

Oh yea i wonder if he's really that good a ball player like charlie murphy says.... heh heh

Casey

Staff member

EriMakaveli said:
HOLY FUCKEN SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15,000 unreleased songs?!?!

Is 3121 a collection of Unreleased songs or new ones?

What does 3121 mean?
3121 is new stuff. Prince hardly ever releases old unreleased stuff. Sometimes he reworks old tunes years later.

and Fatal, yeah he's a bad ass basketball player. He was on his high school team back in the day and plays it regularly to chill out, from what I've heard.

oh, and 3121 is the number of his LA mansion... People have speculated there's a biblical reference but nothing has been said.

15,000??? I don't know cause i'm not really a fan of his but i'd assume that's an exaggeration even if you already have 1,500 tracks. Assuming he's been in the game roughly 20 years that's 7,300 days which means he's been recording an average of 2 songs every day for that period of time.

Ok nevermind i just realized he's been here for closer to 30 years haha. That's pretty amazing.

FroDawgg

hey militant, i have a question. since you're a big prince fan, do you have the song "dance with the devil"? i've been looking for that for a while (never heard it). if you do and you don't mind, could you hook me up? if so, do you have it on CD (i can pay you for a copy)? if not, mp3 will be cool. thanks in advance.

^ you didn't finish reading my post haha. i realized that after looking into it. pretty amazing to stay in the game that long.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.