Opinions on 'The Documentary'?

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Yeah because all the documentaries I've seen are a race to see how many names you can drop in a 4 minutes....
“All of people [can] say is I do a lot of namedropping. It’s called The Documentary. It like me being a Hip-Hop reporter on the first album, shedding light on some of situation I went through, seen, experienced in my short time that I’ve been signed to Dr. Dre,” he reasoned to AllHipHop.com.

young buck was the only one that didn't fit in the same categorey as the others simply cause he doesnt sound exactly the same yes they are different in some ways but in more they are the same.

stillkilluminati said:
“All of people [can] say is I do a lot of namedropping. It’s called The Documentary. It like me being a Hip-Hop reporter on the first album, shedding light on some of situation I went through, seen, experienced in my short time that I’ve been signed to Dr. Dre,” he reasoned to AllHipHop.com.
I read this when it was first up on AHH & I thought then, as I do now, that Game can say whatever he wants to defend his lack of inspiration.

The fact is, it was meant to be called 'Nigga Wit Attitude Volume 1' but they decided against it due to the history of the name. A lot of the songs on The Documentary were made by the time this change in title occured, so that bullshit reason doesn't apply for some of the album.

And Game 'shed light' on what? Very, very little. It's just the usual bullshit rappers talk - calling himself a 'reporter'.....I mean, what the fuck is he reporting on, a list of influential figures in Hip Hop?

Nas made out he was a street reporter & he could back up that claim to an extent with his tales he spun. Game doesn't do anything like that, he just name-drops.

saltynuts said:
Shouldn't the album be 'OK' then? The beats are ok and the lyrics are decent right? ..... Oh right, the cover is stupid and the title is weak. You're right, the album sucks.
Damn strait. The album lyrically and production is OK. Cause of course G unit is rich so they got some good producers. And game's lyrics don't suck but they're not the most creative or best i've ever heard. But I judge an album all around. And it just doesn't stand out or grab my attention wit the name and cover and that's how I judge's album along wit production, flow and lyrics. So yes the album is less than "OK".

I wanna see original rappers in this day and age. Someone needs to come out wit a new style.
I've seen rappers talk about their money, cars and watches and guns for a long time now.
KRS one came wit a knowledge approach
Onyx came wit screaming
PE came wit Politics
Pharcyde wit Fun
ATCQ wit Jazz
NWA came gangsta

So until I see something new, good beats aren't going 2 make an album great, everyone is saying the same old shit just in different ways. Just because ur a Game fan doesn't mean I am. I don't give a fuck if he shouts out props to people, but not every fucking line of a song either.

S. Fourteen

Fair Enough, a lyrically ok album with decent beats is less than ok if the cover and the title sucks.

And I like Game because he's a Compton Blood, I love his gangsta image but he sucks as a rapper because he's ugly.

That was one of the great albums of the year, beats, lyrics and the overall feeling is pretty good. I give about a 4.5 on 5 mics. This can be considered as a classic for The Game seeing that it's his first album even though it isn't as hot as DMX debut album.

Peace

saltynuts said:
Fair Enough, a lyrically ok album with decent beats is less than ok if the cover and the title sucks.

And I like Game because he's a Compton Blood, I love his gangsta image but he sucks as a rapper because he's ugly.
no he just sucks because he has weak skills, look at biggie not the best looking dude to be in the rap game but he was an amazing rapper

ARon

New Question...
Evidentley The Game went at this in a business sense, making music to make money, very obvious, in interviews and such you catch a lot of light on this. So with news of his second album already in the works, Dre has put Detox on hold to work on it......
Do you think he will actaully try to become the artist that many feel he can be. He has made his money, and, with Aftermath behind him, he already has a legion of people willing to buy his album no matter how it sounds. Im hoping maybe he will realize this and make a more lyrical album, this one was good, but could of been much better. The beats for The Doucumentary were on par for a classic album, it is Chuch Taylor who failed the rest of the way.
You think he can do it, lets say the beats are just as good, do you think he has what it takes to step it up?

Aristotle said:
New Question...
Evidentley The Game went at this in a business sense, making music to make money, very obvious, in interviews and such you catch a lot of light on this. So with news of his second album already in the works, Dre has put Detox on hold to work on it......
Do you think he will actaully try to become the artist that many feel he can be. He has made his money, and, with Aftermath behind him, he already has a legion of people willing to buy his album no matter how it sounds. Im hoping maybe he will realize this and make a more lyrical album, this one was good, but could of been much better. The beats for The Doucumentary were on par for a classic album, it is Chuch Taylor who failed the rest of the way.
You think he can do it, lets say the beats are just as good, do you think he has what it takes to step it up?
No, IMO The Game has not showed any hints on being even a decent lyricist.
The Game is alot like Cam'Ron, listenable because of the production. I will keep saying this until he proves different.

ARon

Dont even try to compare him to Cam'Ron, The Game can actually contsruct a couple bars. It is obvious the guy is a decent lyricist, it shows on his album, here and there....
Like i said, he was trying to make money, dumbin down shit, you know how it is.
To say he isnt even a decent lyricist is complete ludacris, i mean he is average, cus of what we as a people come to accept. You see hints of nice verse segments here and their. I guess im the only one who thinks he might be able to if he realizes you dont need to be dumb to go platinum.

Aristotle said:
Dont even try to compare him to Cam'Ron, The Game can actually contsruct a couple bars. It is obvious the guy is a decent lyricist, it shows on his album, here and there....
Like i said, he was trying to make money, dumbin down shit, you know how it is.
To say he isnt even a decent lyricist is complete ludacris, i mean he is average, cus of what we as a people come to accept. You see hints of nice verse segments here and their. I guess im the only one who thinks he might be able to if he realizes you dont need to be dumb to go platinum.
I agree wit this.. I think The Game could have been a lot better if he wasn't rolling wit G Unit. I could have seen the guy being a bigger hit amongst underground fans if he was rolling wit DJ Quik or Spice 1 and MC Eiht just because he would not have to make commercial ass songs and he could be rawer.. goes for a lot of mainstream rappers though

its a dope album. but i have to say that the main reason it is is because of its production, holy shit that album has a lot of tight beats, i like game, but there are places on the album where he gets tiresome to listen too, and his lyrics sound weak

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.