Opinions on 'The Documentary'?

Cown

I just copped Game's Documentary and quite frankly, it's the shit!
The beat, the lyrics, everything... It's fucking dope. This is a type of album I've been missing!

What y'all think?

The beats are consistently great.

The hooks are pretty nice.

The features are good.

The Game's flow was quite good, particularly for somewhat of an amateur.

The Game's lyrics are alright for the first couple of songs then they become very blase.

The name-dropping exudes wackness, & especially pisses me off because you could've had some real emcees ripping those beats.

Overral though, despite my hate of the name-dropping, the beats are just too damn good for me to hate on the album.

If I was giving it a rating it would be like 8/10 mainly on the strength of the beats.

2Pax

Production masterpiece, but the Games lyrics aren't the best, i'm sick of hearing hip rap about air force ones, a few times though he does rap some above average lines.

I thought it was a dope album, I didnt think I would enjoy it cos it was Shady/Aftermath. Even 50 was dope on it. Excellent production, tight lyrics an good guest apperances.

S. Fourteen

The name dropping doesn't bother me as much as it does for other people. Nobody would care if he dropped a 100 unknown names like 'Dr. Avwork and Nurse Theresa'.

If he was getting money from Nike then maybe there's an issue.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Well, Game mentioned Dre's name about 35 times on his album, 50 about 17, G-Unit about 15, Biggie about 8, Eminem about 8, Tupac about 7 etc.
the name of the fucking album is "the documentary", that's the whole point.

Cown

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Well, Game mentioned Dre's name about 35 times on his album, 50 about 17, G-Unit about 15, Biggie about 8, Eminem about 8, Tupac about 7 etc.
Doesn't bother me, he's just giving probs. Pac did the same thing and there was no problem there, but let's not turn this into a 'Game biting Pac' thread.

Cown said:
Doesn't bother me, he's just giving probs. Pac did the same thing and there was no problem there, but let's not turn this into a 'Game biting Pac' thread.
Nah, I'd never say Game's biting 2Pac until I see him do it.

I agree that sometimes he's giving props, but other times he's dropping names where he easily could've said something else & that to me is just lazy or wackness &, like I said, becomes blase.

theres no pleasing anyone on this board, if he never mentioned pac half the people on here would say he has no respect and all that bullshit, stop hating

Cown

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Nah, I'd never say Game's biting 2Pac until I see him do it.

I agree that sometimes he's giving props, but other times he's dropping names where he easily could've said something else & that to me is just lazy or wackness &, like I said, becomes blase.
You have a point, but I still don't think that it's on a level where it gets anoying. I've heard the album about 7 times now and it hasen't begun to bother me yet, but maybe it will lol I don't know.

two187pac said:
theres no pleasing anyone on this board, if he never mentioned pac half the people on here would say he has no respect and all that bullshit, stop hating
I hope you're not talking to me.

I have given very fair reasons for why I dislike Game's name-dropping & none of them have anything in particular to do with Tupac.

Cown

two187pac said:
Who's hating? We're discussing his album, nothing more

Cown said:
You have a point, but I still don't think that it's on a level where it gets anoying. I've heard the album about 7 times now and it hasen't begun to bother me yet, but maybe it will lol I don't know.
Yeah, I've listened to the album a whole lot but, as I say, mainly for the beats.

In my first post I gave my rating as 8/10 through the rating system used by www.rapreviews.com - that is you give the lyrics & beats a seperate rating & the avergae number between them is the overrall rating.

So I gave the beats a 9, & the lyrics a 7 - proving I don't really have a problem with the lyrics in general but the name dropping does detract from them.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.