Nas Shells 2 MILLION For A Neptunes Beat

roaches

Puffy: "Yo Pharrell, #10 off of that least beat CD you sent me was pretty wack."
Pharrell: "Yeah, I actually made that when some ice cream dripped onto my ice creams and I bent over to wipe it off and my head started hitting keys and triggering samples and Chad and I were bored and we just decided to finish the thing off for the fuck of it."
Puffy: "I"m serious though, man, that shit sounds like something I'd make without the Hitmen's help."
Pharrell: "Well, you know, worst comes to worst Talib Kweli will get really excited over it because we did it. Nas likes it too. *sniggers*"
Puffy: "He would, with his taste in beats."
Pharrell: "Yeah, he thinks... it's 'The Flyest' beat he's ever heard. *giggles*"
Puffy: "I'm still kinda pissed at him, he made Kelis took the joint I gave her off of his last album -"
Pharrell: "Yeah, that shit was hot, I don't know why he did that."
Puffy: "Let's get a three-way call going with Nas and let's fake a bidding war for that beat."
Pharrell: "Yo hold up.... *aside, chatter, indistinct* Yo, Busta just came through, let him get on it too. Lemme get on speakerphone.... Aight."
Puffy: "What's good Busta!"
Busta Rhymes: "Busta BUSTA rhymes!"
Pharrell: "Oh shit, son's head almost exploded."
Busta Rhymes: "*cackles/ribbits*"
Puffy: "Yo, call Nas."
Pharrell: "Hold up man, Jigga just send Bleek over to pick us up to go to the pool. *aside* Man get your ass outside and wait we're doing SUCCESSFUL ARTIST shit. Go help Roscoe P Coldchain with the dishes."
Puffy: "Take that, take that."
Busta Rhymes: "The imperiallyricalprankpullinmiracle ya heard?"
Puffy: "The fuck?"
Busta Rhymes: "Whoo ha ha *ribbit/cackle*"
Pharrell: "Aight, let me dial..."
Kelis: "Hello?"
Pharrell: "Staaaaaaaaaaar Traaaaaaaaaaak"
Kelis: "Hey daddy, I'll bring your money over later..."
Pharrell: "Chill girl, give the to your husband. And yo, don't forget the pill next time."
Kelis: "Okay daddy. Let me go get Nasir."
Busta Rhymes: *his face spontaneously combusts. The various particles reassemble, however. His face splits into a grin, and begins to crack.*
Nas: "Aiyyo *heavy coughing*
Pharrell: "What's good, Nas?"
Nas: "Yo, man...."
Pharrell: "Aight, I gotta cut to the chase... Diddy really likes that beat you wanted. He's gonna give us a mil up front for it."
Nas: "Shit, man, I... I got a mil, too!"
Puffy: "One point two."
Nas: "Shit-"
Puffy: "I mean point three."
Nas: "Son, stop, let me speak my mind..."
Puffy: "You can hate me now, but I can't stop now."
Busta Rhymes: "What's it gonna be?' *Bursts into flames. An assistant quietly douses him*
Nas: "Yo, Busta, you heard this beat, right? You think I should fight for it?"
Busta Rhymes: "Shit makes me want to nod my head until I BREAK MY NECK!"
Nas: "Aight, yo, Rell, I'll match Diddy, one point four, plus..."
Busta Rhymes and Pharrell simultaneously: "Gimme some more."
Puffy: "One point six! I'll sell all of Fonsworth's umbrellas for this beat."
Nas: "Aiyyo, I don't know if shit's worth it..."
Pharrell: *jabs Busta in the side*
Busta Rhymes: "This beat makes me wanna JUMP! JUMP!"
Nas: "Yo, you really feeling it?"
Nas: "Yo, you always got some hot singles, Busta, I -"
Busta Rhymes: "Baby if you purchase the beat, I'll give you a verse, as long as you like."
Nas: "Aiyyo..."
*There's a long pause. Busta begins quivering. Diddy summons one attendant to hold his cellphone for him, bares his teeth, and has another begin brushing them. At the same time, members of the next season of Making the Band continue their practice performance designed to impress their mentor, now in its 90th minute.*
Puffy: "Who the fuck are those bitches?"
MTV producer: "Um, Mr. Combs...."
Puffy: "Whatever. Yo, go to New Jersey and get me some PCP from Joe Budden. And then I want you to ride one of those funny bikes with lots of seats to California, and get me some weed from B-Real, and get one of Snoop Dogg's sidekicks to roll some fat blunts. And on the way back, go to Dave Chappelle's and see if he really has some of that Cambodian breastmilk."
Nas: "Aight, yo... my label's willing to put up two mill for the beat."
Puffy: *spits out the bone marrow his toothpaste is made of*
Busta Rhymes: *cackles/ribbits madly*
Pharrell: "Staaaaaaaaaaaaaar Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak"
Puffy: "Aight, man, you win." *hangs up*
Busta Rhymes: "Pay, son, like your wallet on fire! Raaawwwr rawwwr!"
Pharrell: "Aight, man, have AZ send the check over or something."
Nas: "Aiyyo, can I get you to do some adlibs on the chorus or something..."
Pharrell: "Peace!" *hangs up*

*Two hours later, Pharrell's phone rings*

Pharrell: "Staaaaar Traaaakk"
Talib Kweli: "It's KWAAALI! The MC who wants hot beats but knows that they don't come for free, Kanye changes his number and it's been a slow summer and I don't know how to play mp3s so I listened to some beat CDs and I'm feeling #10 and #3 and I just got a new budget for real so I wanna get some loops that's for real so I'm holla-ing at you my man Pha-real!"
Pharrell: "This motherfucker..." *hangs up*

I wish I had as much time as you ^^^ Now seriously, if this is even true, which i highly doubt, Nas probaly thought to himself... hmm what could get me some serious ass play on the radio??? O yea, neptunes... I dont really remember the last time Nas got some serious radio play, maybe he saw this beat as an oppourtunity to get that.

A dre beat goes for anywhere between 50,000 and 400,000... now 2mill is crazy. I would imagine the beat is real catchy... also why the fuck is NAS working with commercial beatmakers?

roaches

O yea, neptunes... I dont really remember the last time Nas got some serious radio play, maybe he saw this beat as an oppourtunity to get that.
"Made You Look" + its remix, "I Can", "Ether", "One Mic" were all radio hits. "Bridging the Gap", "Just a Moment", and "Thief's Theme" got decent spins on radio as well. I even heard Nas and the Neptunes's last collaboration on the radio a couple of times.

neptunes suck. pharel makes good beats but that fucker is pop, nas shouldent even be fucken wit him. ............i thought street diciple was a dope ass album........ even if it didnt sell millions like 50.

roaches said:
Puffy: "Yo Pharrell, #10 off of that least beat CD you sent me was pretty wack."
Pharrell: "Yeah, I actually made that when some ice cream dripped onto my ice creams and I bent over to wipe it off and my head started hitting keys and triggering samples and Chad and I were bored and we just decided to finish the thing off for the fuck of it."
Puffy: "I"m serious though, man, that shit sounds like something I'd make without the Hitmen's help."
Pharrell: "Well, you know, worst comes to worst Talib Kweli will get really excited over it because we did it. Nas likes it too. *sniggers*"
Puffy: "He would, with his taste in beats."
Pharrell: "Yeah, he thinks... it's 'The Flyest' beat he's ever heard. *giggles*"
Puffy: "I'm still kinda pissed at him, he made Kelis took the joint I gave her off of his last album -"
Pharrell: "Yeah, that shit was hot, I don't know why he did that."
Puffy: "Let's get a three-way call going with Nas and let's fake a bidding war for that beat."
Pharrell: "Yo hold up.... *aside, chatter, indistinct* Yo, Busta just came through, let him get on it too. Lemme get on speakerphone.... Aight."
Puffy: "What's good Busta!"
Busta Rhymes: "Busta BUSTA rhymes!"
Pharrell: "Oh shit, son's head almost exploded."
Busta Rhymes: "*cackles/ribbits*"
Puffy: "Yo, call Nas."
Pharrell: "Hold up man, Jigga just send Bleek over to pick us up to go to the pool. *aside* Man get your ass outside and wait we're doing SUCCESSFUL ARTIST shit. Go help Roscoe P Coldchain with the dishes."
Busta Rhymes: "The imperiallyricalprankpullinmiracle ya heard?"
Puffy: "The fuck?"
Busta Rhymes: "Whoo ha ha *ribbit/cackle*"
Pharrell: "Aight, let me dial..."
Kelis: "Hello?"
Pharrell: "Staaaaaaaaaaar Traaaaaaaaaaak"
Kelis: "Hey daddy, I'll bring your money over later..."
Pharrell: "Chill girl, give the to your husband. And yo, don't forget the pill next time."
Kelis: "Okay daddy. Let me go get Nasir."
Busta Rhymes: *his face spontaneously combusts. The various particles reassemble, however. His face splits into a grin, and begins to crack.*
Nas: "Aiyyo *heavy coughing*
Pharrell: "What's good, Nas?"
Nas: "Yo, man...."
Pharrell: "Aight, I gotta cut to the chase... Diddy really likes that beat you wanted. He's gonna give us a mil up front for it."
Nas: "Shit, man, I... I got a mil, too!"
Puffy: "One point two."
Nas: "Shit-"
Puffy: "I mean point three."
Nas: "Son, stop, let me speak my mind..."
Puffy: "You can hate me now, but I can't stop now."
Busta Rhymes: "What's it gonna be?' *Bursts into flames. An assistant quietly douses him*
Nas: "Yo, Busta, you heard this beat, right? You think I should fight for it?"
Busta Rhymes: "Shit makes me want to nod my head until I BREAK MY NECK!"
Nas: "Aight, yo, Rell, I'll match Diddy, one point four, plus..."
Busta Rhymes and Pharrell simultaneously: "Gimme some more."
Puffy: "One point six! I'll sell all of Fonsworth's umbrellas for this beat."
Nas: "Aiyyo, I don't know if shit's worth it..."
Pharrell: *jabs Busta in the side*
Nas: "Yo, you really feeling it?"
Nas: "Yo, you always got some hot singles, Busta, I -"
Busta Rhymes: "Baby if you purchase the beat, I'll give you a verse, as long as you like."
Nas: "Aiyyo..."
*There's a long pause. Busta begins quivering. Diddy summons one attendant to hold his cellphone for him, bares his teeth, and has another begin brushing them. At the same time, members of the next season of Making the Band continue their practice performance designed to impress their mentor, now in its 90th minute.*
Puffy: "Who the fuck are those bitches?"
MTV producer: "Um, Mr. Combs...."
Puffy: "Whatever. Yo, go to New Jersey and get me some PCP from Joe Budden. And then I want you to ride one of those funny bikes with lots of seats to California, and get me some weed from B-Real, and get one of Snoop Dogg's sidekicks to roll some fat blunts. And on the way back, go to Dave Chappelle's and see if he really has some of that Cambodian breastmilk."
Nas: "Aight, yo... my label's willing to put up two mill for the beat."
Puffy: *spits out the bone marrow his toothpaste is made of*
Busta Rhymes: *cackles/ribbits madly*
Pharrell: "Staaaaaaaaaaaaaar Traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak"
Puffy: "Aight, man, you win." *hangs up*
Busta Rhymes: "Pay, son, like your wallet on fire! Raaawwwr rawwwr!"
Pharrell: "Aight, man, have AZ send the check over or something."
Nas: "Aiyyo, can I get you to do some adlibs on the chorus or something..."
Pharrell: "Peace!" *hangs up*

*Two hours later, Pharrell's phone rings*

Pharrell: "Staaaaar Traaaakk"
Talib Kweli: "It's KWAAALI! The MC who wants hot beats but knows that they don't come for free, Kanye changes his number and it's been a slow summer and I don't know how to play mp3s so I listened to some beat CDs and I'm feeling #10 and #3 and I just got a new budget for real so I wanna get some loops that's for real so I'm holla-ing at you my man Pha-real!"
Pharrell: "This motherfucker..." *hangs up*
you should write short childrens storys

PDT

I have a feeling I'm gonna be a bit dissapointed after hearing it, with that 'it'll be the biggest hit in the history of hip-hop' anticipation.

PuffnScruff said:
i wouldn't go that far as to say it was incredible
Well, I go so far, cause the beat of "Ain`t nuthin but a g-thang" IS incredible. But I cant judge you until I know, if you understand something about the genre "producing", but maybe you made that comment because of personal preferation.

xxx

Tonio1986 said:
Well, I go so far, cause the beat of "Ain`t nuthin but a g-thang" IS incredible. But I cant judge you until I know, if you understand something about the genre "producing", but maybe you made that comment because of personal preferation.
Dont really agree. I mean whats so incredible about it?

Well i hope he dissed 50 with this beat after all the shit hes been saying. It may sound large now, hopefully for nas he does not have to shell out money for each album he sold because he has paid out the beat entirely.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.