Most overrated albums

Illmatic- Nas (Short and not the greatest production)
Reasonable Doubt- Jay Z (considered Jay Z's best album but only the first half of it is dope)
Midnight marauders- ATCQ (Good but nothing like Low End Theory)
War Report- CNN (It's boring)
The Score- Fugees (I think it just sucks and does not go well 2gether)
Its dark and hell is hot- DMX (always been over rated, and he has never done anything that great but gets a lot of attention from this album when only half of it is dope.)
College Dropout- Kanye West
Only Built 4 cuban linx- Raekwon (I love the album but I dont think it deserves to be called the greatest of all time by some people cause some beats on their are plain 'weird')

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
I'll give my top 4

all eyez on me (as I've said before, Pac's weakest performance in a studio)
eminem show (5 great songs, 15 shitty songs/skits)
get rich or die trying (i cant believe I actually managed to listen to this garbage without commiting suicide)
life after death (doesnt hold a handle up to Ready 2 Die)

edit: I just listened to Illmatic all day and decided its too good to stay on this list. has more replay value than I thought

AmerikazMost

I don't agree with All Eyez On Me in this thread... he said hip hop heads, and most Pac dickryders can't be considered hip hop heads since they usually just focus on Pac and declare him god.. all the hip hop heads know that Rakim is god

the album is overrated, but not by hip hop heads IMO

Overrated:
Eminem Show
Encore
Black Album
Life After Death (personal preference...i like about 1/3 of the album, that's it)
The Score

And honorable mention to Loyal to the Game, because any praise is too much

Sun_Tzu said:
^^ yeah no shit i think it gets more negative remarks than anything
Illmatic gets more negative remarks then anything?
I dont see how u figure that when there are A LOT more people who would say its the best or in the top 10 then would say it's bad.

AmerikazWanted said:
the album is overrated, but not by hip hop heads IMO

Overrated:
Eminem Show
Encore
Black Album
Life After Death (personal preference...i like about 1/3 of the album, that's it)
The Score
OK, question for you. How can you say that you won't count AEOM because Hip Hop heads don't overrate it & then turn around & mention Encore?

What Hip Hop heads EVER mention Encore in a good light?

Shot 21

Me Against The World (here comes the hatin)
All Eyez On Me aint overrated. That and The Don Killuminati are Pacs best two albums. And I aint a dyckryder or else I wouldnt have put MATW.

7Datskat34 said:
Illmatic gets more negative remarks then anything?
I dont see how u figure that when there are A LOT more people who would say its the best or in the top 10 then would say it's bad.
no not illmatics, i meant that biggie album, someone posted right before me so you know...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.