*merged* Mobb Deep - Blood Money (official love/hate thread)

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Mobb Deep - Blood Money

good beats, some really bad hooks...lyrics are a lil boring...im dissapointed with some of the beats 50 rapped on in this album...like "the infamous" and "creep"...really stupid beats

some real gems on this though, pearly gates, speaking freely, put em in their place, smoke it, click click, the one with banks, the song with buck, have a a party...etc

give it a 7/10

Sarr

new mobb deep album - Bloody Money?

albohemia said:
I'm not denying the fact 50 Cent is a good song writer but let's be honest, being the best mc in G Unit doesn't necessarily make you a good mc period. G Unit have never set a critical standard of quality for the industry.
seriously...listen to the beg for mercy album...i think its close to being a classic

LYRICALLY banks is an mc's mc....even Jae hood was saying his lyrics are really good even though they are enemies. The multi's and punchlines banks does are heaps skilled

"catch me on the boat wit weed smoke and official gear
heavy when I toke, C notes from different years
Besly in the robe, re-motes for liftin chairs"

"We slidin through the ruckus, wit prada on the chuckus
Soon as spring break ho's home from college wanna fuck us
I ain't here to drop knowledge on you suckas
I'll sick rottweiler's on you fuckas, cops followin to cuff us
Top dollars to discuss this"

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Mobb Deep - Blood Money

At first I didnt like it, then after a few listens it grew on me, now after a night of it in the car I must say that I dont like it all that much.

It just doesnt have any stand out anything, no stand out songs, no stand out verses, no stand out beats. I mean they are all good, but nothing ever makes you go "wow!"

Id prob only give it a 3/5

Sarr

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

yea i recon they are missing a standout song, like all their last ones had;

infamous - shook ones,survival of the fittest
hell on earth - title track, G.O.D. part 3
murda muzik - quiet storm
infamy - hey luv
amerikaz nightmare - got it twisted
HNIC - keep it thoro

this album didnt have a standout, vintage anthem type song to it think

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Yeah exactly.

And Hav needs to never do a hook again, ever. And P needs to stop hanging out with Kurupt because he's beginning to not even rhyme anymore.

Backstage should have been left off, that song is awful, from the generic theme to the wack ass beat.

And the xylaphone thing on Creep is REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL REAL fucking annoying going side to side all the time. Its alright on a PC or standard system but it fucking sucks in the car.

Sarr

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

^
yea it sounds like an eminem beat...em can do some good beats but that loppi feel is something he often does alot

i dont think g-unit rhyme over the once classic betas they used to use...listen to the beg for mercy album then compare the production to it on the get rich soundtrack....

hopefully buck and banks' albums can proove me wrong

Sarr

^
yea im not scared to say it

before you call me a teeni bopper...i won alot of classic albums...illmatic,stillmatic, wutang forever, mobb deeps first 2 classic albums, all of tupacs, life after death, blueprint, 3 temples of doom, capital punishment, cuban linx etc etc

but the production on both get rich and beg for mercy were 10 outa 10

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Mobb Deep - Blood Money

^^ Banks wont if you're after that old feel G Unit feel.

I think basically they aint really fucking with Dre no more, whether directly using his beats or just having his imput and ear in the studio.

Which is either a result of the Game/50 beef or 50's ego, who knows. Probably both.

Sarr

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

^
i duno the beats and style he used on the big withdrawal leak were pretty good...not as good as the shit they used in 2003/2004...but yea i noticed they arent goin with dre's shit anymore..apart from the beat yayo had on his album

Nah.. I don't think you're a "teeni bopper"... I can agree with GRODT, that album is near classic in my opinion, but only about half the songs on Beg For Mercy had good production.

G-Unit, Poppin Them Thangs, Stunt 101, Betta Ask Somebody, Footprints, Salute U, G'd Up, and I Smell Pussy were all dope.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Mobb Deep - Blood Money

I don't know how somebody can like this album. You cannot point out one great thing. You can't name one really dope beat, one really dope verse, one really dope hook, one really dope....LINE! Well, i'm exaggerating considering I haven't listened to every line, but still. The album appears to have been done in like five days and it sounds like my French project that had a deadline of three months and I did it in three hours. There's not noticable effort whatsoever. It's like 50 told them "I'll give you some beats, write down some shit real quick, I'll appear on 70% of the tracks, and have fun with your platinum plaque."

BRING QUALITY MUSIC BACK!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member

Beg For Mercy is horrible. I like 2 songs. When I say like... I mean.... I could listen to. Under pressure. That is what an album shouldn't sound like.

7 Syns

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Rukas said:
^^ Banks wont if you're after that old feel G Unit feel..
Correction, on "The Big Withdraw" the beats Banks used on there were very reminicent to Pre-Record Label G-Unit. If thats the "old" feeling yourself and Sarr are talking about. If it's the more bass packed, Dre-esce beats like from Get Rich OR Die Trying and onwards then yeah he won't be rhyming over them from the looks of it. However "Turn You Into A Customer" does sound produced by either Needlez or Scott Storch.

peace.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Mobb Deep - Blood Money

7 Syns said:
Correction, on "The Big Withdraw" the beats Banks used on there were very reminicent to Pre-Record Label G-Unit. If thats the "old" feeling yourself and Sarr are talking about. If it's the more bass packed, Dre-esce beats like from Get Rich OR Die Trying and onwards then yeah he won't be rhyming over them from the looks of it. However "Turn You Into A Customer" does sound produced by either Needlez or Scott Storch.

peace.
Sarr made quite a lot of mention to Get Rich Or Die Tryin, and thus we were referencing that "old" feeling; which as you say yourself, is not present on The Big Withdraw.

7 Syns

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Rukas said:
Sarr made quite a lot of mention to Get Rich Or Die Tryin, and thus we were referencing that "old" feeling; which as you say yourself, is not present on The Big Withdraw.

Ok, by old feeling I thought you meant pre-GRODT days. Fair enough then:thumb:

BTW merged.

peace.

Sarr

something didnt sound right about the beats on the big withdraw...they were almost too grimey and gritty for a g-unit release...i think he woulda replaced those beats or most of them on the proper release

Sarr

Diaz said:
G-Unit, Poppin Them Thangs, Stunt 101, Betta Ask Somebody, Footprints, Salute U, G'd Up, and I Smell Pussy were all dope.
add;
smile
gangsta shit
eye for an eye
beg for mercy
my buddy
betta ask somebody
lay you down

90% of the album sounded hot...no reall filler on it apart from maybe 2 songs

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.