*merged* Mobb Deep - Blood Money (official love/hate thread)

linx

Staff member
Let me first say that I have always been a Mobb Deep fan. Espically as a kid growing up. Like others, I didn't enjoy the news when I heard they signed to G-Unit records. Sure it will give them alot more fans, but it's also gonna change them as a group. And it has. I didn't hop on the "I now hate Mobb Deep because they are with G-Unit" bandwagon, but I can definitely say I am not half the fan I once was when it comes to Mobb Deep.

As far as the album itself, with a quick listen I don't like it so much. I'll definitely give it a better listen and then i'll know for sure whether or not I really do like it or not. By the way, I was losing interest in Prodigy over the last few years either way. Whether he signed to G-Unit or not. I'm still a fan of Havoc though. He's still a dope producer. :)

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Sarr said:
yea i recon they are missing a standout song, like all their last ones had;

infamous - shook ones,survival of the fittest
hell on earth - title track, G.O.D. part 3
murda muzik - quiet storm
infamy - hey luv
amerikaz nightmare - got it twisted
HNIC - keep it thoro

this album didnt have a standout, vintage anthem type song to it think
I don't think that 'Hey Luv' was a standout song on Infamy but you are right for others.

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Rukas said:
And Hav needs to never do a hook again, ever. And P needs to stop hanging out with Kurupt because he's beginning to not even rhyme anymore.
:thumb:

its linx! said:
Let me first say that I have always been a Mobb Deep fan. Espically as a kid growing up. Like others, I didn't enjoy the news when I heard they signed to G-Unit records. Sure it will give them alot more fans, but it's also gonna change them as a group. And it has. I didn't hop on the "I now hate Mobb Deep because they are with G-Unit" bandwagon, but I can definitely say I am not half the fan I once was when it comes to Mobb Deep.
Same for me.

ARon

Disappointed. They had the chance to expose themselves to a wider audience, make some vintage Mobb Deep music like P said it would feel like and they failed horribly. At first I was hatin on the haters claimin Mobb Deep is wak blah blah cus they on G Unit but the haters turned out to be Nostradamus.

I like the album. I think it's good. My main problems are that the tracks don't have as much replay value as their previous efforts. I'm already sort of tired of listening to this. If they had more grimy beats like Speaking so Freely minus the hooks from Havoc, it would've probably been much better.

But it is actually what I sort of expected though because the Mobb or Prodigy to be specific said that the Mobb was looking for those pop and commercial fans to support the album, so hey.

But somehow, I'm wishing deep down inside that this leaked "Blood Money" album will not be the true retail and will have more tracks and or at least one more banger and or standout track to add to the already existing tracklisting.

7 Syns

Prodigy said on an SHADE45 interview that the album leak is imcomplete and that there is atleast 6 tracks missing with a further 3-4 already leaked tracks that will eventually get cut from the final release.

Im not sure how legitimate that is.

peace.

new mobb deep album - Bloody Money?

7 Syns said:
The Dr. Dre produced, Sizzla featured Mobb Deep song "System" is a banger!. It's lurking around the net, if you find it DL it for sure.

peace.
Storch produced it,not Dre.

Mobb Deep - BLOOD MONEY (Full LP) has already leaked and it has been posted in good forums a couple of dayz ago...
LAST NEW LEAKS:

Mobb Deep - BLOOD MONEY
Obie Trice - SECOND ROUND'S
CAM'RON - KILLA SEASON
Ludacris - RELEASE THERAPY
Pharrell - IN MY MIND
Akon - LOOK IN YOUR EYES

Christina Milian - SO AMAZIN

PM me if you want them.

7 Syns said:
Prodigy said on an SHADE45 interview that the album leak is imcomplete and that there is atleast 6 tracks missing with a further 3-4 already leaked tracks that will eventually get cut from the final release.

peace.
It's Tuesday! Anyone know if the leaked album was the final retail one?

Fataldawg said:
It's Tuesday! Anyone know if the leaked album was the final retail one?
Yeah, the leaked album is the final retail one. I bought it anyway. Its a pretty decent album.

But according to the MTV.com news, "Nightmares" was cut

When you pick up Mobb Deep's latest, Blood Money (in stores Tuesday), you'll notice that one of the most anticipated records on the album has been omitted: the Dr. Dre-produced "Nightmares."

"Yeah, some things happened, I can't really explain that one right there," Havoc said in New York last week.

"Basically it didn't get cleared," Prodigy added.

Havoc assured that the song will definitely pop up on a future Mobb Deep mixtape.

"You will hear it on the streets," he said. "It will be leaked. But we ain't gonna profit on it. It'll get out there some way."
People are thinking there might be tension between 50 and Dre stemming from the Game situation.

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Sarr said:
yea i recon they are missing a standout song, like all their last ones had;

infamous - shook ones,survival of the fittest
hell on earth - title track, G.O.D. part 3
murda muzik - quiet storm
infamy - hey luv
amerikaz nightmare - got it twisted
HNIC - keep it thoro

this album didnt have a standout, vintage anthem type song to it think
Infamy's standout track was either "Get Away" or "Pray 4 Me" feat. Lil Mo. "Hey Luv" was just a single/promotional track. Wasn't standout as much as the 2 songs I put above.

Fataldawg please check or respond to the pm I gave you.

Fataldawg said:
I did but when i tried to send you a msg back it said your mailbox was full. Empty it, hit me back, and ill give you that lloyd banks link.

EDIT: I tried to send it again but your box is still full.. I'll post it here.. maybe you'll see it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IGSH3ZXW
:thumb:

Thanks Fataldawg. I'm praying that this Big Withdrawal will not have tracks that sound as low quality as the one I previously had. "Please let this be on retail level" is all I'm praying for.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Bombsquad said:
Infamy's standout track was either "Get Away" or "Pray 4 Me" feat. Lil Mo. "Hey Luv" was just a single/promotional track. Wasn't standout as much as the 2 songs I put above.
ou.

your wrong

Pray for me and get away were better songs than "hey luv"....but they arent memorable songs. check it

hey luv was their FIRST lovey dovey song, their first rnb joint...and it came as a shock to everybody, thats why whenever somebody mentions the "infamy" album people usually think hey luv

Saw em last night @ 930 CLub shit was bangin they did most of the track singles off their albums, real hype shit, not feeling the track w/ Mary tho, ALC did it right the first time when he had Nas on it

If they never signed to G-Unit I would've got the LP. It's not so much that I don't like 50 or anything but it's more that Havoc and Prodigy have been running their mouths about Nas and, just the name of the LP, "Blood Money," it's like confirming that they're selling out and (trying to) going at Nas for no reason other than the name of the label on the CD. All for some fucking Porsches? Come on.
~peace~

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.