*merged* Mobb Deep - Blood Money (official love/hate thread)

Mobb Deep - Blood Money

Sarr said:
your wrong

Pray for me and get away were better songs than "hey luv"....but they arent memorable songs. check it

hey luv was their FIRST lovey dovey song, their first rnb joint...and it came as a shock to everybody, thats why whenever somebody mentions the "infamy" album people usually think hey luv
I listened to infamy last night and going into the cd I was just waiting for pray 4 me and get away. I didn't even remember which number "hey luv" was on when listening to the lp. so that proves what you said as hey luv being memorable as not so accurate. The reason it's remembered it's because it was a video single that received fair airplay. If it wasn't a single, it would've just been another song off the lp, imo. To me pray 4 me and get away were like the album themes or summed up the whole album. It was a highlight to me. But anyway, hey luv stood out on the album as well when compared to other tracks, but I don't know if it's memorable.

XIAN said:
If they never signed to G-Unit I would've got the LP. It's not so much that I don't like 50 or anything but it's more that Havoc and Prodigy have been running their mouths about Nas and, just the name of the LP, "Blood Money," it's like confirming that they're selling out and (trying to) going at Nas for no reason other than the name of the label on the CD. All for some fucking Porsches? Come on.
~peace~
imo, Mobb Deep has every right to diss Nas. Nas shitted on them in the middle of Mobb Deep vs. Jay-Z beef on "Bridge Is Over". And at the same time Nas was beefing with Jay. Nas could've put passed his tension with Prodigy aside for later and could've probably done a diss collabo with Prodigy going at Jay and maybe Prodigy wouldn't have gone downhill and lost so much credibility during that Infamy-Blueprint-Stillmatic era. And even tho, Mobb Deep was on stage with Nas at Central Park, I'm sure all the tension wasn't patched up between them. I think Nas even threw lines at them on "Take It Slow".

And Jadakiss said it best, "Nevermind who the Lox is signed to, What difference do it make, listen to the tape."

^What right do they have? They were on stage, that's all we know. Don't assume this and that. Do you honestly think they would've been running their mouths had they not signed to G-Unit??
The Game refused to beef and he got kicked out, so I'm not really that surprised...

XIAN said:
^What right do they have? They were on stage, that's all we know. Don't assume this and that. Do you honestly think they would've been running their mouths had they not signed to G-Unit??
The Game refused to beef and he got kicked out, so I'm not really that surprised...

No but I think that honestly Mobb Deep & Nas would've eventually started beefing. I mean it's inevitable. Whether they are signed to the G-Unit or not, this was going to happen. It's like all the QB artists are just bound to go at each other. To me it's better for it to happen now and get out of the way then to happen down the road or letting them build it up so much inside that it could lead to a real problem.

But honestly I think 50 probably got in their ear and said hey Nas dissed you on Stillmatic, yall need to get at him. 50 probably definitely played a role in convincing them, but I don't think the convincing was too far for them to say no or anything.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.