Ja'talking bout 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
OxyContin said:
Sam Jackson is in the new XXX with Ice Cube...ohh the irony!

nice attempt to be intelligent :rolleyes:

cube was one of the first rappers to cross over (read: boyz in the hood)

hes produced movies, and acted in good movies (friday and the sequels, higher learning), so its a whole different ball game.

aban said:
snoop had a problem with tupac, so snoop hooked up with his crip homies and shot up tupac and killed him, cause hes a fuckin gangster. see snoop wasnt gonna make a lame song saying "I'll kill you i'm a thug, I got a piece" instead snoop just ended the BEEF by killing tupac. Jesus also had BEEF with the jews and romans, thats why got killed, thats what slim shady and 50cent need to do instead of making gay lame ass songs about killing ja rule they need to just kill him already, damn its not that hard.
AAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.......sigh..........heh.......AHAHAHAHHAHA thats some funny bullshit

Story said:
nice attempt to be intelligent :rolleyes:

cube was one of the first rappers to cross over (read: boyz in the hood)

hes produced movies, and acted in good movies (friday and the sequels, higher learning), so its a whole different ball game.
:thumb:

Plus, to be honest, I always thought that the only rapper to cross over and do movies and actually be a good actor other than Cube was Pac.

Although, DMX was good in Exit Wounds, but Cube and Pac I think were the most successful cross overs.

ArtsyGirl

I think the only way for rappers to be good actors is if they dont do the "stereotypical" character.. I dont know what it is but when they do those roles it usually turns out shitty.. You have your exceptions ofcourse..

artisticgurl said:
I think the only way for rappers to be good actors is if they dont do the "stereotypical" character.. I dont know what it is but when they do those roles it usually turns out shitty.. You have your exceptions ofcourse..
:thumb:

That was the thing I admired most about 2pac's decisions regarding the films he DID choose to do. He didn't just have one role and play the same role or relative roles in every movie. He played Street Entrepreneurs, gangstas, good cops, bad cops, a responsible single father, a heroin addict trying to quit.

The WORST rapper to ever act is Snoop though. That man is the most horrible actor I've EVER EVER EVER seen. It's amazing how completely bad he can make a movie. I remember when I was still a fan of his and actually was stupid enough to buy his movie "Da Game Of Life". FUCKING PATHETIC!!! That man...uhhh.....he is fucking terrible.

Dr. Dre was actually decent in Training Day.

DMX was decent in Exit Wounds.

Nas was TERRIBLE in Belly, as was everyone else in that movie. Puffy was terrible in Monsters Ball.

ArtsyGirl

I agree with the first two paragraphs but I dont think Dre's role in Training Day was big enough to judge but it wasnt terrible. As I said before I thought DMX was weak in Exit Wounds (although I thought that movie was shit all over) but he was good in Belly, and I thought Nas was good in Belly - I think that was the kind of character he aimed for so it'd show the differences between DMX's character and Nas'. But yeah Snoop is one of the shittest.

I agree with the first two paragraphs but I dont think Dre's role in Training Day was big enough to judge but it wasnt terrible.
Well, put it this way, the part was big enough with enough dialogue for me to say that I would be interested in giving him a chance and seeing what he can really do. :p At the same time he also had a big enough part to say he's a better actor than Snoop. Hell, David Arquette is a better wrestler than Snoop is an actor.

As I said before I thought DMX was weak in Exit Wounds (although I thought that movie was shit all over) but he was good in Belly, and I thought Nas was good in Belly - I think that was the kind of character he aimed for so it'd show the differences between DMX's character and Nas'.
I just despised Belly altogether. That was a TERRIBLE fucking movie. I started out hoping it was going to be good. 40 minutes into it was saying outloud to nobody "this is the actual movie?". I couldn't believe it.

Belly makes a movie like Showgirls look like The Godfather.

But yeah Snoop is one of the shittest.
Haha...there is not a word created in any human language to describe how bad of an actor Snoopy is. The dictionary entry should just be as follows:

"bad actor (n): see a picture of rapper/actor Calvin Broadus aka Snoop Doggy Dogg aka Snoop Dogg aka Tha Doggfather aka Big Snoop Dogg

EX: Denzel committed a Snoop in regards to his level of acting in that movie"

ArtsyGirl

I just despised Belly altogether. That was a TERRIBLE fucking movie. I started out hoping it was going to be good. 40 minutes into it was saying outloud to nobody "this is the actual movie?". I couldn't believe it.

Belly makes a movie like Showgirls look like The Godfather.
I liked Belly.

Why you guys are comparing Cube to Rule, 50 and others. Last time I remebered Cube is one of the three rappers-actors legends. The 2 others are LL and Pac. These 3 rappers just got it, it seems to be natural to see them act. As far as Rule goes, he's still trying to acquiring the skills.

Peace

artisticgurl said:
I can see where Samuel Jackson is coming from, alot of these movies starring rappers is so poorly done its crazy. And I thought Ashanti did a good job on Coach Carter (I even think she did Acting as a youngster) alot better than most especially Ja Rule which is why I find it a bit stupid for him to speak on this situation since he hasnt really proved much himself other than getting roles because of his music status.
It will be interesting to see how shit/good 50 is at this - As long as his ego doesnt get in the way he might actually be ok.

Ja was acctually good in precints on 13 or w/e its called. He did a good job in that movie .

The most natural actor/rapper i have ever seen was tupac. Not cuz im a fan of his music but danm everymovie he did was so natural . Think of how many movies he would of been in i swear prolly over 20-30 about now .....

The reason pac was such a natural because he studied the art form before becoming a rap star he went to school of performing arts he was an actor before he was a rap artist .
On another note i actually think fifty will be good hes got the attitude for it and plus he said on kimmel hes training with acting coaches will see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.