Ja'talking bout 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
JA RULE AGREES WITH SAM ABOUT MOVIE STAR RAPPERS

JA RULE has applauded SAMUEL L JACKSON for criticising rappers who try acting in movies as a second career - despite making the transition from hip-hop to films himself.

Ja Rule insists he's a rare exception because he has worked hard on every film, while many rappers refuse to put in the effort.

Rule - real name JEFFREY ATKINS - also thinks Jackson made the right decision not to work with 50 CENT on new JIM SHERIDAN film LOCKED & LOADED - because he doesn't think his rap rival has got what it takes to be a movie star.

Rule says, "He made the right choice. I call it the DMX effect. X was arguably one of hip-hop's biggest stars. I know X personally and his work ethic is crazy in the studio.

"X got into Hollywood and went on a rampage and so now every rapper that gets in after X maybe acts like DMX."

Rule insists he had a taste of exactly what it's like for stars to team up with rappers on movies when he landed a small part in THE FAST & THE FURIOUS.

He adds, "We are already stars. We already have money. I did Fast and Furious and nobody knew VIN DIESEL at the time. There'd be herds of kids on the set and they'd be mobbing me.

"I wasn't the star, so I could see how the tension could start to build."

HellRazor05 said:
A few things I dont understand are.........Jackson said he didnt wanna work with 50 cause he felt he wasnt an experienced actor, BUT he just did a movie with Ashanti! What the fucks up with that? I think he just doesnt like 50 or somethin because I aint seen Ashanti in no other movies before. A 50 Cent/Samuel L. Jackson joint woulda been tight. And you know 50's focused on his shit, he wouldnt just fuck around and not put any effort into a movie. Oh yeah, whens that Locked & Loaded movie comin out anyway? And one more thing, whats wit Ja all of a sudden praisin' DMX when him and X was beefin no more than a year ago? Ja says "I know him personally..." what'd they make up or some shit? X was the one sayin "even if we squash the beef, I aint touchin your hand"....i dont get whats goin on here. I'm confused as a mothafucker right now
yeah, i considered the ashanti thing as well, but i think (and i could be wrong), that in whatever movie this is, 50 is the main character, and Samuel L Jackson reasonably didnt want to make it look like he was a foil in a movie for someone with no experience, who was given the role because of his status in rap, and ashanti was a supporting character in coach carter.

ArtsyGirl

I can see where Samuel Jackson is coming from, alot of these movies starring rappers is so poorly done its crazy. And I thought Ashanti did a good job on Coach Carter (I even think she did Acting as a youngster) alot better than most especially Ja Rule which is why I find it a bit stupid for him to speak on this situation since he hasnt really proved much himself other than getting roles because of his music status.
It will be interesting to see how shit/good 50 is at this - As long as his ego doesnt get in the way he might actually be ok.

I don't think it's fair to criticize 50, though. He's just grabbing the opportunities he sees, which is part of what's got him as far as he is. Criticize the industry, and the idiots who go to movies based on the actor's popularity, but don't criticize someone like 50 for capitalizing on the opportuinities he's given.

well what i think shouldn't be happenin is throwin 50, or any other rapper into a film as one of the main characters.... i say get small parts first.. ie, ja in F&F, ashanti n coach carter, luda in 2F2F... then see what's up.

something said:
I don't think it's fair to criticize 50, though. He's just grabbing the opportunities he sees, which is part of what's got him as far as he is. Criticize the industry, and the idiots who go to movies based on the actor's popularity, but don't criticize someone like 50 for capitalizing on the opportuinities he's given.
thats strangley reminiscent of eminem and loyal to the game.....
but seriously, thats true, but i dont think its as much criticizing 50, as it is the desicion of samuel L jackson to turn a role down based on the main actor

HellRazor05 said:
A few things I dont understand are.........Jackson said he didnt wanna work with 50 cause he felt he wasnt an experienced actor, BUT he just did a movie with Ashanti! What the fucks up with that? I think he just doesnt like 50 or somethin because I aint seen Ashanti in no other movies before. A 50 Cent/Samuel L. Jackson joint woulda been tight. And you know 50's focused on his shit, he wouldnt just fuck around and not put any effort into a movie. Oh yeah, whens that Locked & Loaded movie comin out anyway? And one more thing, whats wit Ja all of a sudden praisin' DMX when him and X was beefin no more than a year ago? Ja says "I know him personally..." what'd they make up or some shit? X was the one sayin "even if we squash the beef, I aint touchin your hand"....i dont get whats goin on here. I'm confused as a mothafucker right now
Why be confused when it's simple.

Ja got CRUSHED in his beef against 50/Em, so he will take whatever chances he can get to demean them.

rappers have made some good movies juice,sunset park,above the rim, friday series, cube is not a rapper anymore, he may rap ,he makes an albums worth of money in two weekends with his new movie joints,plus he 36 and rich,he just make wsc joints to pay off mac10 dv charges. ja rule and 50 cent aint rap or hiphop they pop,you want some hiphop cop the ownerz,those fools should take some acting classes cause they both cant rap. 50 cent is fucking awful,i would say rule is even a better rapper than 50,but that is not saying much. they both suck ,dont buy albums,why would i watch movies with them in them? whats that movie with dmx nailing the white chick, that was a cool movie.

We gotta keep in mind who Sam Jackson is (even if you don't prefere him). Canibus may be down to rap with Shaq, but do you think 50 would really take sam jackson seriously if he asked 50 to be featured on a song he was making? Or in the hook? (if indeed 50 was the main character and Sam was to support) Probably not, but fuck Ja he can't act either so I don't know where he gets off. I thought he was pretty terrible in fast n the furious. But then again, other than vin i thought all the acting was pretty sub-par.

i think it's kinda crazy, rappers have a history of success in movies, whether it is just cross over success because people buy a cd, then go see a movie or not, they still put up decent boz office numbers...and i would like to know samuel L's opinion on Pac in movies since he was in "juice" with Pac, or maybe there is a difference since Pac wasn't really an established nationally known rapper at the time.

aban said:
why dont eminem and 50 shoot jarule to end the BEEF since there gangsters and THUGS
because they didn't have their heads in the sand for Pac, Big, Big L, Bugz, and whichever other ppl they've lost in their lives, and nothing is really at stake since they're all making money off of the hoop-la

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.