How Rappers Got Their Names Thread...

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
G-Unit was supposed to be 'Guerilla' but then the band called Guerillaz came out so 50 switched it.

True story.
Actually, its the other way round. It was supposed to be Gorilla Unit, changed it because of the group Gorillaz.

.cloud. said:
I could have sworn that the "Biggie Smalls" name comes because of his frame and size, or that's what I've read, at least.
On a program on VH1 one of his friends said that the name came from his size in comparison with the other guys on biggie's crew. It's like: "I'm big, you're small." and then a short step was taken to Biggie Smalls

MaroC

capt'n fruity
Advocate said:
dope thread :thumb:

Dr.Dre (real name Andre Young)

thats all i can contribute lol

he took that "dr." thing from a former basketball player: dr. jay.

well, thats what they said on MTV :rolleyes:

AZ - Anthony Cruz
Royce Da 5'9 - he used to wear a pendant with an R on it, and a friend of his said it looked the logo from Rolls Royce, so he started getting called royce. 5'9 comes from:
"Actually, my name came from my height because I played basketball in high school, so every year on the roster it said 5'9". My man June started calling himself the 5'9", I started calling myself the 5'9". "

Interesting to see where RZA got his name from. But the most important aspect of it all is how he is too philosphical for a lot of cats in this rap game and for many fans.

Peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.