How Rappers Got Their Names Thread...

Ice Cube got his name because as a kid he would always try to hang out with his older brother's homegirls. Because of that, his brother would sarcastically call him cool. One day, his brother was baggin on him and said something like, "You're so cool, you're like an ice cube." From then on, the name stuck with him.

Chronic

RZA = Rakeem Zig-Zag-Zig Allah
He's given different definitions of Zig-Zag-Zig. One was wisdom, knowledge and understanding (I think), other was " It represents a point in my life where I realized I was going one way, then you get confused and go this way, then you say, “You know what? Zig was always right.”"

interesting thread!

"Take, for example, one Sean Combs, the former Puff Daddy, now P. Diddy. It seems that, in adolescence, young Mr. Diddy often resorted to puffing out his chest in an effort to disguise some unfortunate scrawniness. Combs' efforts yielded nothing more for him than an early introduction to hot air--a fateful meeting if ever there was one--and a nickname reminiscent of a large, poisonous fish of the genus Takifugu which is treasured by Japanese gourmands."

"• Snoop Dogg: The former Calvin Broadus, who looked a little long-faced as a tyke, reminded friends and family of Snoopy--you know, the pooch from Peanuts."

"• Mase: "His real name is Mason," Prez says. "And Mase was his nickname, for short."

"• Lil' Kim: "Well," Prez says of Kimberly Denise Jones, "she isn't even five feet. She's four feet and change." Fair enough."

"• Chingy: Now, this one stumps our panel for a minute. But Hall puts it this way: "He was all about getting paid--the chingy, the jackpot.""

crooked i = because he was always the one never to be searched by police even tho he was doin the shit lolz.

eastwood = EASTside long beach/west ingleWOOD.

warren g = warren griffin the 3rd (sounds like royalty lolz)

suga free = i think he means he aint sweet.

tray deee = tracy davis

fatal hussein = like the other outlawz they believed they were enemies of america ie saddam hussein.

jadakiss = i know he got the ja from his name (jason) but aint sure bout the rest.

C-7

C-Murder --- C because his name is Corey Miller and murder (now because he shoot a teenager to death in 2002 and now shoot a club's owner) this cat is for real man! damn

Jay-Z was known as "jazzy" in his neighborhood and then shortened it to Jay-Z. This sounds a lot like, but is unrelated to, his early mentor Jaz-O.

ArtsyGirl

C-Murder --- C because his name is Corey Miller and murder (now because he shoot a teenager to death in 2002 and now shoot a club's owner) this cat is for real man! damn
I read in an article about him a while ago he called himself that because he grew up in the ghetto and would C (see) Murder.

Nas = named this cause when he raps it sounds like his NASal passage is clogged.

Fat Joe = He ate biggie smalls, used to be called Slim Joe.

Puff Daddy = Sucks so much dick his cheeks swell up.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.