How Can People Say Tupac/Makaveli is not the Greatest Rap Artist of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think about it....Listen to the things he says in songs like Mamas Just a Little Girl, What about Im Getting Money, Nah Better Yet Against all odds. What Im saying is that there are so many songs that approach different aspects of life. People say he was hypricritical, but those are the same people who are "Silent Hyprocrites" Doing things in the dark. Pac let it all show. EVERY SIDE. He may not have been a gangsta, but he had anger. He show that when he fought various times, shot the cops, expressing his self on T.V., in interviews. Then People say he can't compare to Malcom X. WHY NOT?????? They had different approaches. Just think if Pac was in X's position as a activist or whatever Malcom X was and Malcom was a Rapper. But that aint the point. The point is when you listen to Pac, listen to what the man is saying. Listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cause no matter how much you love tupac's work, every person has different opinion :(

i personally think hes the greatest rap artist....hell one of the greatest entertainer of all time but i know lots of friends and other people who dont even like pac so...

roaches

Because there are better rappers than 2Pac out there.

On the west coast alone: Ice Cube, Boots Riley, Ras Kass
The golden age's finest: Big Daddy Kane, Chuck D, Kool G Rap, KRS-One, Rakim, Slick Rick
From, say, the south, you could argue for Bun B and/or Andre, and Face def. gets the nod.
There's the east coast's finest - Biggie, Jay-Z, Nas, Pharoahe Monch... you could make legit arguments.

Diaz

Henry said:
the thing is that....there are no better rappers than pac
It depends on opinion sir, 2Pac was never on that punchline shit and all that good stuff, he just rapped emotions and stuff.

In my opinion Pac is the best tho. :):thumb:

^ The only people i've seen who say they hate Pac are lame Aesop Rock nerds and maybe hardcore NY heads. The Aesop fans don't really hate him they just say it to be different and the NY heads don't really hate him they just say it because they feel they're bound by loyalty.

I've never met anyone in real life (who listens to hip hop, obviously) say they dislike his music.

As for the original question, Tupac was and still is great, but no where near the greatest.

No shit, Pac wasn't the best "rapper" as in emcee
"rapper" and "emcee" are the same thing.

as for the content/emotion thing, i can think of rappers who show more emotion and have better content than Pac.

shit i clicked back on my mouse,. lost everything i just wrote (hate it when that happens)

anyways what i wrote was something along these lines:
2pac may or may not have been the greatest rapper. Thats a subjective fact or opinion. Whatever one wants to believe, one will believe. However, you cannot argue that 2pac was one of the best rappers of all time. He entered the music industry and added a lot to the rap world. He was able to influence rappers (hence, the biters and the name dropping), thus he was able to add depth to the rap world. He influenced the rap world and was able to create more diversity on topics raised in rap music. From the other posts i see how, whether he was real or not is that case. That is not the case. Does anybody care if MJ is a pedifile or not? MJs music is still going to be great. He is still going to be known as the king of pop. Who cares whos real or not. Music doesn't have to be a portrayal of his real life, although in the case of 2pac it was eventually, which was quite sad....

anyways keep it short. IMO 2pac = greatest (i don't care if you say he's not)

ArtsyGirl

Its an opinion, if someone feels they think Pac wasnt the greatest rapper then their right in their own way but I wont agree because I beleive Pac is the greatest. When you measure his music against others I always find Pac comes out on top.
So how can people say Pac wasnt the greatest of all time? Because they dont think he is, that simple. Agree or disagree we're all right.

And you cant associate Pac and Malcolm in the sense Malcolm was alot older than Pac therefore his ideas and political opinion was at a higher level than Pac. In many ways Pac was naive about certain issues but what makes him great is that he wasnt afraid to talk about it and create conversation. If Pac had lived he would probably be in the same breath as Malcolm, he was on his way.

Even how much someone accomplishes isn't a measure of their greatness, I think 2Pac is up there, but not the greatest, everyone has their own criteria as to what they listen to..If there was a true consensus between rap fans as to who was the greatest, then there would be no variation in music, and things would get boring as hell. Fortunately, music is extremely subjective, and everyone can have their own opinion.

But ...the 7 day theory is arguably my favorite album of all time, and Strictly... comes very close.. I think a lot of people get wrapped up in the non-music side of him, simply because it was so accessible and controversial, and they forget that it we are talking about the greatest rapper, not a popularity or personality contest.

Quran said:
Think about it....Listen to the things he says in songs like Mamas Just a Little Girl, What about Im Getting Money, Nah Better Yet Against all odds. What Im saying is that there are so many songs that approach different aspects of life. People say he was hypricritical, but those are the same people who are "Silent Hyprocrites" Doing things in the dark. Pac let it all show. EVERY SIDE. He may not have been a gangsta, but he had anger. He show that when he fought various times, shot the cops, expressing his self on T.V., in interviews. Then People say he can't compare to Malcom X. WHY NOT?????? They had different approaches. Just think if Pac was in X's position as a activist or whatever Malcom X was and Malcom was a Rapper. But that aint the point. The point is when you listen to Pac, listen to what the man is saying. Listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.cause every people has their own opinion :thumb:
2.cause pac aint greatest of all time hes one of the greatest along wit Rakim and Big l and many others. :D

aloivas said:
Yes.

Name me the hip hop accomplishments Tupac has made and i'll name another rapper who has accomplished more.
40 Million in Sales
His poetry book will be in High School Classes
They study him in College
He made 80 million in sales in 1 year
Was the top selling rapper in 2001

Can someone else add to this.

Like everyone else I have my own opinion. If you think Pac wasen't the greatest then thats your opinion. One Love.

7 Syns

Tupac has/had perhaps the greatest and realest content of work. His subject matter at times was just amazing, it was reality rap. However he'd occasionally be caught in the mainstream whirlwind and record songs which were ass. "Toss It Up" being an example. For the greatest, I believe and this is my opinion. That you gotta have the ability to entertain, lyrically be diverse with both rhymes and subjet matter. Be able to switch the flow up and ride almost any beat ya hear. Put on a great live show, have charisma, be able to get deep and personal. Be able to write punchlines which aren't corny, same with metaphors and so on and so forth.

No emcee has all that in their arsenol. So there is no greatest of all time. That and the matter of the fact be, time hasn't finished yet. There's personal favorites and opinions to judge but thats all it is. Opinions.

peace.

FATAL N FELONY said:
40 Million in Sales
His poetry book will be in High School Classes
They study him in College
He made 80 million in sales in 1 year
Was the top selling rapper in 2001

Can someone else add to this.

Like everyone else I have my own opinion. If you think Pac wasen't the greatest then thats your opinion. One Love.
yes thats your opinion but one thing i hate is that people always are saying that how much some artist has sold in my opinion it dont mean shit how much some artist sold only thing that matters is the MUSIC not MONEY.peace

killahill187um said:
yes thats your opinion but one thing i hate is that people always are saying that how much some artist has sold in my opinion it dont mean shit how much some artist sold only thing that matters is the MUSIC not MONEY.peace
I was just trying to write down his accomplishments I wasen't really trying to base that he was the best rapper cause he sold more than the other rappers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.