"George Bush doesn't care about Black People!" -Kanye West

Rock

MakaveliPrime01 said:
Don't you guys think kanye would have come across a lot more intelligent if he said something like this, like, "I wish the government would have had better planning and this that and this and now we have to move forward and all come together and do this that or this to fix this situation. Pissing on bush's face with these extreme comments isn't going to help anyone, str8 up, i can't see his comments having a positive effect on his albums sales or his reputation at all. Thanks for the 2 cents berocke, now the beauty of talking like this, civilly (unlike kanyes) is that i can see where ur coming from and while i might disagree a bit, we can still respect our opinions, but when you come out swinging and being extreme you really will put people off and its not goal-orientated so i think hes just a tool now (kanye).. k nuff said, going 2 watch this movie crash... theres my 1 cent.
I agree 100% with you. Kanye West was totally wrong to say what he said. He wasn't suppose to be on the air to say his personal opinions. He was suppose to get people to help. Maybe it is a race issue maybe its not. But regardless, saying "Bush Doesn't Care About Black People" and everything else he said doesn't help anyone. How about those people trying to shoot at rescue copters and buses Kanye? No wonder why they're sending armed troops. One thing I do agree with is that it seems the Government is more concerned about stopping the looting than rescuing people.

yeah i didnt have a chance to read everything because i gotta work. but i caught it on the news and i think it was the wrong place and wrong time to say something like that. i did have alotta respect for kanye but now he's a just a straight fool. i'm trading in his cd's that i have cuz i'd rather have a few dollars then listen to an asshole.

FroDawgg said:
please, from one white person to another, do not ever use that excuse again just to cover your ass for using the n-word
How is a white person saying niggas racist? From a black person to a white person, you are wrong.

FroDawgg

^^^as a considerate white person, i understand the hateful history of that word when used by other races, whites included, and i know and know of A LOT of black people who find white people using it to be racist. if you don't, that's fine, but i know i'm not the only person who finds it to be disrespectful.

Rock said:
I agree 100% with you. Kanye West was totally wrong to say what he said. He wasn't suppose to be on the air to say his personal opinions. He was suppose to get people to help. Maybe it is a race issue maybe its not. But regardless, saying "Bush Doesn't Care About Black People" and everything else he said doesn't help anyone. How about those people trying to shoot at rescue copters and buses Kanye? No wonder why they're sending armed troops. One thing I do agree with is that it seems the Government is more concerned about stopping the looting than rescuing people.
Kanye said what he said to get people help, money is not the only thing that helps people.

you have to open peoples eyes to what foul shit is going on, he did that.

haunted said:
How is a white person saying niggas racist? From a black person to a white person, you are wrong.
Haunted, thank you very much, I actully thought you where going to come down on me and call for me to be banned, I am glad I was wrong.

you have just gaind alot of Respct from me, not that you care. :thumb:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to haunted again.

I won't forget.

FroDawgg said:
^^^as a considerate white person, i understand the hateful history of that word when used by other races, whites included, and i know and know of A LOT of black people who find white people using it to be racist. if you don't, that's fine, but i know i'm not the only person who finds it to be disrespectful.
Disrespctfull and racist are two diffrent things, if someone finds it disrespctfull that is one thing, but if someone finds it racist they are just a moron.

I personally find the Term African American Racist, I feel a white person useing that term is more racist then one that says, "Nigga".

maybe I will make a topic about that if I find the time.

FroDawgg

ok, maybe i mispoke...i didn't mean that a person who uses the word is racist. i mean that it is a racist word. sure, it is used as a term of affection, but that should be among the black culture (as i believe a term such as honky shouldn't be used by anyone who isn't white, though i prefer it not to be used at all). the n-word was introduced as a word to degrade and demoralize black people, and in slave times, the slaves began to use it as a way to lessen the power. that being said, when someone who is not black uses the word, their intentions of affection might be good, but i (personally) find the use disrespectful. sorry for any misunderstanding

FroDawgg said:
ok, maybe i mispoke...i didn't mean that a person who uses the word is racist. i mean that it is a racist word. sure, it is used as a term of affection, but that should be among the black culture (as i believe a term such as honky shouldn't be used by anyone who isn't white, though i prefer it not to be used at all). the n-word was introduced as a word to degrade and demoralize black people, and in slave times, the slaves began to use it as a way to lessen the power. that being said, when someone who is not black uses the word, their intentions of affection might be good, but i (personally) find the use disrespectful. sorry for any misunderstanding
1) I don't know any White person that uses the word "Honky" or "Craker" or any of that shit.

2) You need to distinguish between “Nigger” and “Nigga”

NIGGER is a racist term, Nigga is what blacks have done to the word to take away some of its negative power.

3) it is just a fucking word man, no more no less. people say shit every day that bothers me but that is just how it is.

FroDawgg

Hankaveli said:
1) I don't know any White person that uses the word "Honky" or "Craker" or any of that shit.

2) You need to distinguish between “Nigger” and “Nigga”

NIGGER is a racist term, Nigga is what blacks have done to the word to take away some of its negative power.

3) it is just a fucking word man, no more no less. people say shit every day that bothers me but that is just how it is.
(yeah, i only mentioned honky, not cracker, b/c cracker is actually the definition of a poor southern person, not just white :D )

i understand the difference b/w n---er and n---a; i'm just saying, to reiterate what you said, that n---a is what BLACKS have done to the word, so in my eyes it is a term of affection b/w blacks.

and i know it's just a word, but i believe some words should be untouched: especially racial slurs and using the Lord's name in vain (except maybe in intellectual discussion).

i say that we just let bygones be bygones, and agree to disagree (how many cliches can i use in one sentence?). i understand and respect your opinion and point of view, so let's just peacefully let this die. arguing all day isn't gonna get us anywhere.

peace :)

FroDawgg said:

and i know it's just a word, but i believe some words should be untouched: especially racial slurs and using the Lord's name in vain (except maybe in intellectual discussion).

i say that we just let bygones be bygones, and agree to disagree (how many cliches can i use in one sentence?). i understand and respect your opinion and point of view, so let's just peacefully let this die. arguing all day isn't gonna get us anywhere.

peace :)

One last coment, no word should be Taboo, at the moment we have freedom of speach I say we use it.

Other then that I respect you a great deal for haveing a mature debate.

I agree to Dissagree.

Peace/One

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.