Game's- The documentary an instant Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7Datskat34 said:
West Coast never died?
Just cuz they dont have any commercial ass rappers doesnt mean its dead, go there it's still poppin like a mother fucker

it's just that other areas don't play our shit. you turn on stations here in tha bay and you hear westcoast rappers non stop.

If "it's dark and hell is hot" can be labled a classic so is "the documentary" they both served their purpose, and Game put Cali back on the map. dats wasup and I love every track on that CD, I know Game aint a lyricist like that, but so was other greats that dropped some classic shit!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Saaphir said:
I need to see yours...People who said that AEOM isn't a classic have nothing to do on this board...

Grow up 2pac dickrider.
I am a 2pac fan, doesn't mean I wanna suck his dick. I know what he was good at and what he wasn't good at. AEOM wasn't a classic, there are tons of shit songs on there. It's a very good album, but too much filler to be classic.

You don't need to see my collection. You wouldn't know half the rappers, they don't get on MTV. And there's also artists outside of the hip-hop genre, yes there is other music than rap music.

_carmi

me, myself & us
if the documentary is not a classic, its damn near to be none tho. production was tight, concept was fine, lyrics were okay.

why do u all people argue on if its a classic or not? its damn too early to label it as a classic or not.

i'd say like a modern day classic... but still... mainly because of production but i cant lie im feeling the album, i think its too early to tell

One reason it's not a classic....he bit the whole "From Scratch" idea from Mase which destroys all credibility in my book. Also, the first 5 or 6 songs suck on there other than "How We Do"

Makaveli_7 said:
is it even possible to be a classic this soon? i love the album too, but were gonna have to wait and see if it has the same replay value 3-5 years down the road. Thats a classic album.
Why does something need time to be considered a classic? I never understood that. For instance, I knew the first time I saw "Boyz In Tha Hood" or the 1st time I heard AEOM, I knew they were classics that very instant.

Da Ripper said:
If "it's dark and hell is hot" can be labled a classic so is "the documentary" they both served their purpose, and Game put Cali back on the map. dats wasup and I love every track on that CD, I know Game aint a lyricist like that, but so was other greats that dropped some classic shit!
ah hell naw, you can't honestly compare these albums..."both served their purpose"??? X bared his soul on Hell is Hot, you can't say that bout The Documentary...more than half of this album is purely name dropping...

Tracks like "Westside Story" disgust me. He name drops Dre all 3 verses, the first verse= name drops+Pac bitin ("all you record labels tryin to advance...")

"I wokeup out that coma 2001..."....and???
"bout the time Dre dropped 2001"

OHHHH, that's pretty deep :thumb: :thumb:

then the name dropping again...he uses this as a fucking crutch to the EXTREME...you don't have to be a lyrical genius, but if you have something to rap about(his coma???? :confused: ) then fucking rap ABOUT it...don't waste it on bullshit like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.