Game's- The documentary an instant Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pax

Pittsey said:
It's all about opinions like you say. But...

My opinion is Snoop is lyrically better on his debut, than Game is on his. And I rate Snoops flow up there with Biggie's. Not many do it as good, and few do it better. Especially not Game.
When I first heard the album I was impressed. But repeat value is small. I bumped Doggystyle for months.

And to anyone who says AEOM is classic. I need to see your cd collection.
I don't disagree with you about snoop but as long as a rapper has decent flow I don't think you can use it as a factor when considering albums classic.

2Pax

PaulyPac said:
no, games lyrics are weak, snoops flow was good back then, kurupt dropped the sick verses also on doggystyle, while game mentions laces on shoes and different brand shoes, and like a million different people on each song
The Games lyrics aren't the best but there far from weak, and Eminem dropped a good verse on We Ain't.

2pax are you serious ? the games lyrics are shitty on most of the songs on that album

once again doggy dogg world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every song on the documentary

good debut, but not a classic... i think game is way over rated by most people.

And AEOM can be considered a claasic just because of how hard it hit when it came out, but the longitivity of that album doesnt come close to MATW, or 7day theory, in my opinion atleast.

2Pax

PaulyPac said:
2pax are you serious ? the games lyrics are shitty on most of the songs on that album

once again doggy dogg world >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every song on the documentary
Nah 'We Ain't' is better. Game's flow is good and Em's is untouchable.

we all know eminems was good, but we talking about the games shitty lyrics

2pax go listen to doggystyle and the documentary then post they the same lyrically

AEOM is not a classic. To much filler.

The best song on Documentary is Like Father, Like Son.

More songs like that and it would be a classic.

2Pax

PaulyPac said:
we all know eminems was good, but we talking about the games shitty lyrics

2pax go listen to doggystyle and the documentary then post they the same lyrically
Try not to tell me what to do, It's obvious i've already listend to both or I wouldn't of dropped my opinions on them both. Just because our opinions differ you don't need to try and make me agree with you.

What is classic? Every fuckin' one on this board has his own interpretation of "classic"
So how on God's green earth can you define it as classic or not?
If, to me, it's great...that's because
The title speaks for the album "the documentary" sums up all the hiphop legends and their works. Especially in the chorus: "'ready to die', without a 'reasonable doubt'...'all eyez on me' ...'illmatic' and that's the documentary."
I find that highly creative as the framework for his album. If this album was Game's concept to compare his life to the greats before him and honor them, then without a doubt it's up there as a classic concept. This is all highly creative, no1 else has performed this before or atleast did it as well as game. In all of his songs, you hear comparisons with legends or the situations they have been in. That alone deserves a lot of credit. Now as for lyrics, I really like his style. I know a lot of rappers show off their skills with multi's, internals and what have you. But sometimes, like pac's shit, if it's written in simple rhyme scheme but with great meaning to it then fuck it, cuz for me that's the single most important thing. He's got his individual style of flow and lyrics, and it really distinguishes him from others. That's what we fuckin need back in the rap game, variety. Being backed by the best production is not the only reason this album is great. Now whether it's a classic or not? Only time will tell.

P.S: some1 said they hated don't worry with mary J Blige...
you gotta be shittin me man!
That's one of the best tracks on the album.

2Pax

dark spirit said:
What is classic? Every fuckin' one on this board has his own interpretation of "classic"
The title speaks for the album "the documentary" sums up all the hiphop legends and their works. Especially in the chorus: "'ready to die', without a 'reasonable doubt'...'all eyez on me' ...'illmatic' and that's the documentary."
I find that highly creative as the framework for his album. If this album was Game's concept to compare his life to the greats before him and honor them, then without a doubt it's up there as a classic concept. This is all highly creative, no1 else has performed this before or atleast did it as well as game. In all of his songs, you hear comparisons with legends or the situations they have been in. That alone deserves a lot of credit. Now as for lyrics, I really like his style. I know a lot of rappers show off their skills with multi's, internals and what have you. But sometimes, like pac's shit, if it's written in simple rhyme scheme but with great meaning to it then fuck it, cuz for me that's the single most important thing. He's got his individual style of flow and lyrics, and it really distinguishes him from others. That's what we fuckin need back in the rap game, variety. Being backed by the best production is not the only reason this album is great. Now whether it's a classic or not? Only time will tell.

Thats the most intelligent and on-point post i've read in a while.

dark spirit said:

Nas already did that before The Game in few songs like "We Will Survive","Last Real Nigga Alive" & "Unauthorised Biografy Of Rakim"

Hehe every 1 say thats it's not like AEOM ok u said Marshal Mathers LP or Slim Shady LP is classic !!!! & they r not close to AEOM

Man This album is CLASSIC

Classic? No, i think i liked half of tha songs. imo production wasn't even great, i probaly liked half of tha production. if a song has a bad beat then i don't even give a fuck about tha lyrics. game talk's about tha same shit over and over too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.