Game's- The documentary an instant Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
No, Not classic.

It has to be special to be a classic. It's a good album, but mainly because of the production. Game is a turd, which is not a good thing. His lyrics are pretty poor.

how the fuck would you call the documentary a classic ? yeah the beats are good but the lyrics are weak, a classic album should have decent lyrics too

Da Ripper said:
Well I normally don't throw out the word classic very often but this one is definately a Classic, It's been in my car ever since I bought it and I still haven't gotten tired of it! That album is the shit!!! I don't skip a track. if u disagree state why? (no haterade please)... I think every song on there can be a single and it will still bang. Anywayz I can't till crooked drops his own shit, I hope I'll be able to say the same thing about Boss Music! :p

Wake up the west coast is back!

shout out to South central LA-- Inglewood, Compton, Hawthorne, Carson, Gardena!!! I'm out!
boss music will shit on the documentary, you can count on that

you cant even compare a weak rapper like the game to crooked i

2Pax

^Not every album is gonna be as lyrical as say Illmatic or Ready To Die, none of 2Pac's were, yet some of them still get 'classic' status, in my opinion an album doesn't need to have amazing lyrics to be a classic.

2Pax said:
^Not every album is gonna be as lyrical as say Illmatic or Ready To Die, none of 2Pac's were, yet some of them still get 'classic' status, in my opinion an album doesn't need to have amazing lyrics to be a classic.
yeah but atleast decent lyrics on every track, games is flow blaaaa
ive never heard a rapper mention shoes on nearly song on his album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
A classic album would score 5/5. Is documentary 5/5???

I don't think it's much better than The Massacre, which has a very similar feel. Infact I'd say I prefer 50 over Game. And I give Massacre 3.5/5. Game gets 4/5 at absolute max.

As for 2pac's albums being classic. Not really. And 2pac may not have been as lyrical as Nas, but then neither was Snoop. And Doggystyle was a classic. The content to 2pacs albums seperate him from other rappers especially Game. And Snoops flow also kills Games. What is Game especially talented at? He has good flow, decent lyrical skill, fair lyrical content and a fantastic PR team behind him. All that's classic about Documentary is the high level of production throughout. But it's not a classic album.

yeah the production makes it a classic, and the fact that Game didn't ruin any track. All the tracks had meaning to it, and for those that said the album didn't change nothing, are u kidding me? that nigga almost brought the west back single handedly and u say he didn't change nothing, yes the Doc and all the PR's are behind him, so the same goes for Doggystyle and All eyes on me! The documetary is a classic to me and alot of people agree with me except for u guys.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Da Ripper said:
yeah the production makes it a classic, and the fact that Game didn't ruin any track. All the tracks had meaning to it, and for those that said the album didn't change nothing, are u kidding me? that nigga almost brought the west back single handedly and u say he didn't change nothing, yes the Doc and all the PR's are behind him, so the same goes for Doggystyle and All eyes on me! The documetary is a classic to me and alot of people agree with me except for u guys.

Dre wasn't the force he is now when Doggystyle came out. Dre gets his props off the back of classic albums like Chronic and Doggystyle.
AEOM wasn't a classic. It is better than The Doc. though.

2Pax

Pittsey said:
A classic album would score 5/5. Is documentary 5/5???

I don't think it's much better than The Massacre, which has a very similar feel. Infact I'd say I prefer 50 over Game. And I give Massacre 3.5/5. Game gets 4/5 at absolute max.

As for 2pac's albums being classic. Not really. And 2pac may not have been as lyrical as Nas, but then neither was Snoop. And Doggystyle was a classic. The content to 2pacs albums seperate him from other rappers especially Game. And Snoops flow also kills Games. What is Game especially talented at? He has good flow, decent lyrical skill, fair lyrical content and a fantastic PR team behind him. All that's classic about Documentary is the high level of production throughout. But it's not a classic album.
Fair do's your opinion, I'd give the documentary 4.5.5 which I regard as a classic, no album is perfect and therefore shouldn't have 5/5 plastered all over it. Every album has it's weaknesses including The Documentary. I just don't see how you can regard Doggystyle as a classic and not The Documentary. both albums are superbly produced and both have average lyrics and there's not much difference in either rappers flow.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
2Pax said:
Fair do's your opinion, I'd give the documentary 4.5.5 which I regard as a classic, no album is perfect and therefore shouldn't have 5/5 plastered all over it. Every album has it's weaknesses including The Documentary. I just don't see how you can regard Doggystyle as a classic and not The Documentary. both albums are superbly produced and both have average lyrics and there's not much difference in either rappers flow.

It's all about opinions like you say. But...

My opinion is Snoop is lyrically better on his debut, than Game is on his. And I rate Snoops flow up there with Biggie's. Not many do it as good, and few do it better. Especially not Game.
When I first heard the album I was impressed. But repeat value is small. I bumped Doggystyle for months.

And to anyone who says AEOM is classic. I need to see your cd collection.

2Pax

PaulyPac said:
doggystyle has way better lyrics than documentary, wtf are you people listening to the same albums i am ?
Nah, apart from the Game's name dropping the lyrics are pretty equal.

no, games lyrics are weak, snoops flow was good back then, kurupt dropped the sick verses also on doggystyle, while game mentions laces on shoes and different brand shoes, and like a million different people on each song

Pittsey said:
And to anyone who says AEOM is classic. I need to see your cd collection.
what do you expect from this board ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.