Flawless Albums

hahahahha^ im goin to start using that one.

on flawless albums its all opionion. seriously, some people might think 11 tracks is to short some might think 20 tracks is to long, really , what ever floats your boat, or "differet strokes for different folks

2Pax

Duke said:
WTF? I can't believe i see people saying Illmatic had production faults. Those beats fit Nas' style so well, apart from the fact they're great beats on they're own. They are so representative '93/'94 NY style beats. Hell, i'd listen to Illmatic instrumentals and there are tons of people out there who feel the same.

Of course you dont necessarily have to feel it 100%, but you can't deny the production was good as hell.

But yeah thats why flawless shit doesn't exist. There are always people who aint feeling it 100%.
Compare the production on Illmatic to the production on Doggystyle then tell me it's not flawless. Illmatics production could've been a lot better.

Duke

Staff member
2Pax said:
Compare the production on Illmatic to the production on Doggystyle then tell me it's not flawless. Illmatics production could've been a lot better.

That would be like comparing a good quality southern german lager with a stout guiness pint from the heart of England.

They are totally different. You can't say west coast g-funk production as found on Doggystyle is better than the east coast beats found on Illmatic simply for the fact that there's practically no comparing the two. The styles are so different. Sure, you can like Doggystyle beats better but you can't say they're better. What are the flaws on Illmatic then? Not enough high pitched tunes? lol

2Pax

Duke said:
That would be like comparing a good quality southern german lager with a stout guiness pint from the heart of England.

They are totally different. You can't say west coast g-funk production as found on Doggystyle is better than the east coast beats found on Illmatic simply for the fact that there's practically no comparing the two. The styles are so different. Sure, you can like Doggystyle beats better but you can't say they're better. What are the flaws on Illmatic then? Not enough high pitched tunes? lol
No the production wasn't at best, I know it may seem hard to take in but Illmatic is not perfect.

Everlast - Whitey Ford Sings The Blues - I know the lyrics aren't amazing, But I can listen to that album all FUCKIN DAY!!!!! EVERYDAY!!!!!

only 2 albums i know that are perfect in my opinion are:
Snoop - doggystyle
wu-tang - 36 chambers

almost perfect albums:
chronic
makaveli
liqued swords
dog food

less than perfect:
illmatic
ready 2 die
all eyez on me. and if all eyez on me had been 1 album instead of double disc it would have been the best album ever, flawless. plus with the unreleased pac tracks you can make a perfect double disc, flawless without anything sounding less than the song before it. maybe even 2 doublediscs.

I think the only flawless albums are

Chronic (just if the skits dont count)
Me against the world
and Thug Life Vol 1 ( I dont think there is any song on this album that somebody dislike)
Maybe Doggystyle too.

It depends on what type of music you like for a album to be flawless. For example, some people may think that Mike Jackson's "Thriller" is the best Pop album ever, while others may hate it.

AmerikazMost

i can't believe people are even suggesting there are perfect albums..if you can find even one thing wrong with any album, then it's not perfect...and you can with all these albums

UGK-Ridin Dirty This album is completly flawless. This is the only album i can play every song even intro without feeling the urge to hit the next song button. The album is just perfect music to my ears. Had the album since 97 and i am still amazed by it. I can not explain how well made this album was made in every aspect. It is just absolutly amazing. if you have not heard this album i suggest you remove ur ass from ur chair or wherever u are sitting and go buy it.

the album that comes EXTREMLY close to being flawless is MAKAVELI. i love this because pac shows so much emotion on this cd, which he does in all his cds, but this one i feel is especially emotional. flow is incredible and beats are dark and laid back, just the way i like em.

GO GET THAT UGK SHIT ALREADY DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with past posts that flawless albums are only peoples opinion and who fits there personality the best.

peace

Duke

Staff member
2Pax said:
No the production wasn't at best, I know it may seem hard to take in but Illmatic is not perfect.
I never said that :) Actually i said that nothing is ever gonna be perfect or flawless.

But you can't say Illmatic's production was "not so good" because you happen to like Doggystyle beats better.

There was really not much wrong with Illmatics beats. I certainly hope you wouldn't prefer Nas spitting over the beats on Doggystyle? That would be horrible.

2Pax

Duke said:
I never said that :) Actually i said that nothing is ever gonna be perfect or flawless.

But you can't say Illmatic's production was "not so good" because you happen to like Doggystyle beats better.

There was really not much wrong with Illmatics beats. I certainly hope you wouldn't prefer Nas spitting over the beats on Doggystyle? That would be horrible.
The beats on Illmatic were too plain, and apart from a few they sounded too similar, Nah Nas spitting over some of the beats would be tight, the serial killer beat for starters would be ill.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.