Eminem's current rapping style

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
What is up with Eminem's current rapping style? I'm not sure if I am a fan of it or not. I can see what he's doing. Becoming a part of the beat itself rather than riding it, and turning his voice into an instrument of sorts. His flow is fantastic and shows how much his skills are improving. The last 2 songs I've heard from him, on The Documentary and The Massacre, illustrate this improvement.
But it just doesn't sound right to me. I can't really understand what he says on Gatman and Robin, so is Eminem just showing off or improving?
Also is Eminem before his time, so to speak, he has all the skills required of a rapper, and is taking them to new levels. But he doesn't seem to have much content to many of his songs, and seems to enjoy choosing poor beats.
Thoughts?

2Pax

I know what you mean, I didn't like his verse on Gatman on Robin he 'blended in' to much with the beat but I thought his verse on 'We Ain't' was good, he flowed that well it sounded like he never stopped for a breather.

Pittsey said:
What is up with Eminem's current rapping style? I'm not sure if I am a fan of it or not. I can see what he's doing. Becoming a part of the beat itself rather than riding it, and turning his voice into an instrument of sorts. His flow is fantastic and shows how much his skills are improving. The last 2 songs I've heard from him, on The Documentary and The Massacre, illustrate this improvement.
But it just doesn't sound right to me. I can't really understand what he says on Gatman and Robin, so is Eminem just showing off or improving?
Also is Eminem before his time, so to speak, he has all the skills required of a rapper, and is taking them to new levels. But he doesn't seem to have much content to many of his songs, and seems to enjoy choosing poor beats.
Thoughts?
I haven't heard any of his verses of The Massacre yet, but I will say that he produced probably the fattest fucking track for The Documentary and he just fucking kills that song. One of his best flows ever is on that song. Shit, he even flows better on "We Aint" than he did on We As Americans.

As for his style, I'm liking it, I agree with you that some of his lyrics lately havent' been all that but he makes up for it with flow.

one mc |one| dj

I don't really care enough to write a big post about it but hm...the Gatman & Robin style is better than the shit he did on bully and with D12.

one mc on dj said:
I don't really care enough to write a big post about it but hm...the Gatman & Robin style is better than the shit he did on bully and with D12.
Bully was fucking excellent

And D12 World is underrated.

one mc |one| dj

jason_g_718 said:
Bully was fucking excellent

And D12 World is underrated.
Has Eminem ever done anything wrong in your eyes?
:confused:

Newayz D12 World got the rating it deserved. WACK. If you put an album out of a group with only 2 real rappers and one of em happens to be the biggest rap super star in the world the shit will sell but will probably be wack too.

Bully was ok in my eyes all I said was that I liked the Gatman & Robin style more because Em's little child voice in Bully annoyed me.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
one mc on dj said:

Newayz D12 World got the rating it deserved. WACK. If you put an album out of a group with only 2 real rappers and one of em happens to be the biggest rap super star in the world the shit will sell but will probably be wack too.

Bully was ok in my eyes all I said was that I liked the Gatman & Robin style more because Em's little child voice in Bully annoyed me.

I'm not a fan of Bully.
Of the songs that were leaked early and labelled as "in the lab" or whatever, Love you More was the only 1 I really liked.
As for D12 World it was average, I liked about 4 songs on there. Proof ripped several verses on that album, particularily Bitches and 40 Oz. It had me anticipating a solo from him, but I doubt it will happen, especially not with decent production.

Of course:
Devils Night (except American Phsyco...containing one of his BEST VERSES EVER!)
Slim Shady LP
Rain Man
Ass Like That
Puke (I like it, but it was also a let down)
Just Lose It
One Shot 2 Shot
Big Weenie
Signing 50 Cent
Promoting Stat Quo

I didn't say the album was spectacular, I said it was underrated. And D12 has three good rappers, Eminem, Proof, and Kuniva.

Good songs on D12 World:
Git Up
Loyalty (Obie fucking kills this track)
6 In The Morning
How Come
American Phsyco 2
Bitch
D12 World
40 oz.
Leave Dat Boy Alone
Keep Talkin'

Em's "childish" voice on Bully was meant to basically mock Ja Rule.

Pittsey said:
I'm not a fan of Bully.
Of the songs that were leaked early and labelled as "in the lab" or whatever, Love you More was the only 1 I really liked.
As for D12 World it was average, I liked about 4 songs on there. Proof ripped several verses on that album, particularily Bitches and 40 Oz. It had me anticipating a solo from him, but I doubt it will happen, especially not with decent production.
Seriously, how can you NOT like Doe Rae Me? D12 and Obie in particular kill Ja Rule so bad on that song that they left Ja with his pants down.

"You's an actor/ slash Pac impersonatin' rapper/ slash Billie Holliday how it happen?/ artists repitroire's songs in action"

"Def Jam grabbed/ told him "re-enact him and you'll go platinum""

one mc |one| dj

jason_g_718 said:
Of course:
Devils Night (except American Phsyco...containing one of his BEST VERSES EVER!)
Slim Shady LP
Rain Man
Ass Like That
Puke (I like it, but it was also a let down)
Just Lose It
One Shot 2 Shot
Big Weenie
Signing 50 Cent
Promoting Stat Quo

I didn't say the album was spectacular, I said it was underrated. And D12 has three good rappers, Eminem, Proof, and Kuniva.

Good songs on D12 World:
Git Up
Loyalty (Obie fucking kills this track)
6 In The Morning
How Come
American Phsyco 2
Bitch
D12 World
40 oz.
Leave Dat Boy Alone
Keep Talkin'

Em's "childish" voice on Bully was meant to basically mock Ja Rule.

Look im all cool with your post but please quit explaining everything btw alot of times you are wrong lmao that makes it only worse but uhh im talking about the voice man I don't care if it was meant to mock Ja I don't like it. :eek:

And I choose to disagree with you when you say the slim shady lp was bad. That is my favourite LP I think the Marshall Mathers Lp was a copy of it with more guest spots and a lot more promo work but that is just me and please don't reply to it because I am not interested in your bullshit and I don't think anyone else is waiting for you to tell me how great his other LP's are.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
Seriously, how can you NOT like Doe Rae Me? D12 and Obie in particular kill Ja Rule so bad on that song that they left Ja with his pants down.

"You's an actor/ slash Pac impersonatin' rapper/ slash Billie Holliday how it happen?/ artists repitroire's songs in action"

"Def Jam grabbed/ told him "re-enact him and you'll go platinum""

Was Doe Rae Me on there?

Yeah that was a good track. My mistake.

Look im all cool with your post but please quit explaining everything btw alot of times you are wrong lmao that makes it only worse but uhh im talking about the voice man I don't care if it was meant to mock Ja I don't like it. :eek:
God you're a fucking fool. You ask me if I think Eminem can do any wrong so I list the stuff from him I haven't liked and you tell me "quit explaining"...We're here to DISCUSS OUR OPINIONS, so if you're just here to talk shit and leave, then don't ask people questions.

And I choose to disagree with you when you say the slim shady lp was bad. That is my favourite LP I think the Marshall Mathers Lp was a copy of it with more guest spots and a lot more promo work but that is just me and please don't reply to it because I am not interested in your bullshit and I don't think anyone else is waiting for you to tell me how great his other LP's are.
You are such a fucking imbecile...no wonder you've been banned like 3 times.

Pittsey said:
Was Doe Rae Me on there?

Yeah that was a good track. My mistake.
Pretty Sure.

See, I liked all that stuff:
We As Americans
Bully
Doe Rae Me
Luv U More
Monkey See, Monkey Do

But I think of those listed above Doe Rae Me and We As Americans are the best.

^
Eminem didn't even spit a verse on Doe Rae Me, did he?

Not to clown anybody but Obie's verse is the only verse on that song that could compete with Ja's line at the beginning which was better than all of D12's lines in that song.

Eminem didn't even spit a verse on Doe Rae Me, did he?
Nah, he did the hook, but it's still considered an Em song I guess...it's listed under his name on AZLyrics and I don't think it's listed on D12's page at all.

Not to clown anybody but Obie's verse is the only verse on that song that could compete with Ja's line at the beginning which was better than all of D12's lines in that song.
Oh please. Obie definately came the nicest but all of D12 (especially Swift and Proof) ripped Ja apart. Y'all think that one line by Ja is so fucking classic, and it is, but ONE FUCKING LINE does not hold up against a fucking slew of diss records.

Ja: 1
Em/D12: 50

Ja had ONE GOOD LINE...ONE GOOD LINE. That's it. Get over it.

Jason I wonder if you have actually listened to all of Ja's disses lol cuz it can't be one..

You know if I believed you were 28 and had no down syndrome i'd say you are still dickrydin shady but I know better right?

jason g 718 said:
Oh please. Obie definately came the nicest but all of D12 (especially Swift and Proof) ripped Ja apart. Y'all think that one line by Ja is so fucking classic, and it is, but ONE FUCKING LINE does not hold up against a fucking slew of diss records.
C'mon Jason, you know I never said shit about that line holding up 'against a fucking slew of diss records'.

What I said was that Ja's line beats any line put forth by D12 in Doe Rae Me.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online