Eminem wins TRL Life-time Achievement award

So your telling something that was started by black people, 4 black people,that white folks dont wana hear about it, but they are the main ones who buy the music...and how the fuck are you speaking on behalfs of white.

let me tell u this if i drive up on a group of guys i dont know im not going to be blasting someone saying shot that Ni***,but i could play some em same culture different kind of relation to the music thats all u dont need to get so personal it ok we have differnt opionions that what is blending hiphop now are different cultures different view points on life

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
Andrew_43022 said:
So your telling something that was started by black people, 4 black people,that white folks dont wana hear about it, but they are the main ones who buy the music...and how the fuck are you speaking on behalfs of white.

let me tell u this if i drive up on a group of guys i dont know im not going to be blasting someone saying shot that Ni***,but i could play some em same culture different kind of relation to the music thats all u dont need to get so personal it ok we have differnt opionions that what is blending hiphop now are different cultures different view points on life
Personally in my opion i really believe hipis black cuture study the history of itIt was the jazz and the blues it was the reggae/dance hall,It was the african in africa beating on the drums.But thats just goes to show how music can evolve.I think hiphop is black culture that everyone can par take in or maybe it the culture of the youth.....Maybe im wrong but thats how i see it right now.This is a question im still trying to understand myself

i'll tell you two this much...i have been listening to rap since like 90-91 my first rap cd was Public Enemy, don't remember the name but it was a live cd. Anyways I started out listening to PE and Vanillia Ice. Yeah I am white but I am more up on the game than both of you. Eminem has changed the face of hip-hop, weather you admit it or not. Look at how many white kids we have rapping now, Bubba Sparxx, lil whyte, etc. Go over to soundclick.com look at all the white's on there. Eminem has brought the white culture to the game of hip-hop. I respect Eminem and I like his music. Its not cause i am white but the man has skills on the mic, he lets you into his life about real stuff, he does things that black rappers only wish they could do. But if they do it black america would look at them and say sell out, thats the way america is, thats the way different races was raised on the game. I like 2pac way before Eminem, but i do think he changed the game. Did he change it like a Dre, Pac, Snoop, or a Master p. I think so, but he changed it differently. He brought more white america into hip-hop and basically hip-hop was doing ok but when Eminem came to the game the cd's that only sold 1 million copies was really good, now if you don't sell atleast 5 million your not doing good at all. Eminem like him or hate him he has changed the game.

Personally in my opion i really believe hipis black cuture study the history of itIt was the jazz and the blues it was the reggae/dance hall,It was the african in africa beating on the drums.But thats just goes to show how music can evolve.I think hiphop is black culture that everyone can par take in or maybe it the culture of the youth.....Maybe im wrong but thats how i see it right now.This is a question im still trying to understand myself.

WOW i could not agree more i think is is starting to become sort of a youth movement, i think everyone is trying to find the state of hiphop one thing is for sure hiphop is not going anywhere anytime soon and all of these OLD WHITE GUYS need to relize this. they look at it as a reblious thing, but its a way of life and they donot get it, hell just last week they made it illegal to sag your pants in virginia its a 50.00 fine that is a direct attack on the youth and should not be tolerated, but like i said i agree with the majority of your points and i hope u can see some of mine

i'll tell you two this much...i have been listening to rap since like 90-91 my first rap cd was Public Enemy, don't remember the name but it was a live cd. Anyways I started out listening to PE and Vanillia Ice. Yeah I am white but I am more up on the game than both of you. Eminem has changed the face of hip-hop, weather you admit it or not. Look at how many white kids we have rapping now, Bubba Sparxx, lil whyte, etc. Go over to soundclick.com look at all the white's on there. Eminem has brought the white culture to the game of hip-hop. I respect Eminem and I like his music. Its not cause i am white but the man has skills on the mic, he lets you into his life about real stuff, he does things that black rappers only wish they could do. But if they do it black america would look at them and say sell out, thats the way america is, thats the way different races was raised on the game. I like 2pac way before Eminem, but i do think he changed the game. Did he change it like a Dre, Pac, Snoop, or a Master p. I think so, but he changed it differently. He brought more white america into hip-hop and basically hip-hop was doing ok but when Eminem came to the game the cd's that only sold 1 million copies was really good, now if you don't sell atleast 5 million your not doing good at all. Eminem like him or hate him he has changed the game.

and what did u say that i did not??

Andrew_43022 said:
and what did u say that i did not??
nothing but backing up that Eminem has changed the game...thats it...yeah i am white but who cares..this is year 2005 where color is not a major factor anymore for most of us..just tring to help if was going to get critized i wouldn't have tried to prove the point

nothing but backing up that Eminem has changed the game...thats it...yeah i am white but who cares..this is year 2005 where color is not a major factor anymore for most of us..just tring to help if was going to get critized i wouldn't have tried to prove the point

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
luciano24 said:
Ok ill admit he changed the game but niggaz been going multi platinum way be4 eminem.Now tell me why is it eminem can only do what black rappers wish they can do.When this was created by black culture.Ok ill admit eminem changed the game in his own way but thats not dealing with the music but with the people who listen to the music.

Ok ill admit he changed the game but niggaz been going multi platinum way be4 eminem.Now tell me why is it eminem can only do what black rappers wish they can do.When this was created by black culture.Ok ill admit eminem changed the game in his own way but thats not dealing with the music but with the people who listen to the music.
we just need to get away from this oh he is white so he sells or he cant do that cause hes black, that has nothing to do with it em sells cause he has skills yes it helps that he is white cause its not the norm, but hey thats hiphop the underdog getting to the top. how great must it be to come from nothing and then have millions in a bank your cars home hip hop is changing and u have people trying to take advantege like these no talent rappers that all they do is talk crap or try to be something they are not hip hop is missing it face right now and i hope someone can help whether its some 12 year old white, black, yellow brown, or whatever someone down the line is going to change hiphop again and raise that bar a little higher like pac did

he changed the game in his music? Hmm thats a good question, I would say yes and no. Yes because he gives real stories of his life..yes i know NWA did that, PE did that, etc. I think he changed the game with his lyrics like 2pac did. No i am not comparing him to 2pac but look at pac's lyrics, about his mom, his time in prison, about wanting to commit suicide, death, etc. I think Eminem took what pac was saying and flipped it 180 degrees to the white side. He put you in his life by giving you the feeling of what he went through when he was growing up, what he is going through now his family, the beef, his music career, just like a 2pac or a Nas, etc. He didn't change the game with his lyrics he just made you look into what he was going through and what he has gone through on the white america side. I don't know how it is in other hoods but down here where i live there is probably 30% whites living in poverty like blacks are. I know i was on food stamps, etc. I lived just like Eminem did when he was growing up. I can relate to him. So did his music change the game, I would say yes and no to that. If your white and you grew up like he did then yes, if your non-white then maybe you can't understand the struggles of a white kid, i dunno cause i am white and went through the struggles like he did with his moms. I am just saying different cultures grow up different ways. But on the flip side is you got these rich white kids that buy eminem and don't know what hiphop is. Thats the state of hip hop now and might be the down fall of Hip Hop. Was it Eminems fault, no i doubt it. Was it white americas fault. No. I blame most of it on shows like TRL and others that don't know what true hip hop is, but the media portrays it as something its not. MTV, BET, Radio Stations, etc don't know what being hip hop is. Thats the downfall of hip hop.

he changed the game in his music? Hmm thats a good question, I would say yes and no. Yes because he gives real stories of his life..yes i know NWA did that, PE did that, etc. I think he changed the game with his lyrics like 2pac did. No i am not comparing him to 2pac but look at pac's lyrics, about his mom, his time in prison, about wanting to commit suicide, death, etc. I think Eminem took what pac was saying and flipped it 180 degrees to the white side. He put you in his life by giving you the feeling of what he went through when he was growing up, what he is going through now his family, the beef, his music career, just like a 2pac or a Nas, etc. He didn't change the game with his lyrics he just made you look into what he was going through and what he has gone through on the white america side. I don't know how it is in other hoods but down here where i live there is probably 30% whites living in poverty like blacks are. I know i was on food stamps, etc. I lived just like Eminem did when he was growing up. I can relate to him. So did his music change the game, I would say yes and no to that. If your white and you grew up like he did then yes, if your non-white then maybe you can't understand the struggles of a white kid, i dunno cause i am white and went through the struggles like he did with his moms. I am just saying different cultures grow up different ways. But on the flip side is you got these rich white kids that buy eminem and don't know what hiphop is. Thats the state of hip hop now and might be the down fall of Hip Hop. Was it Eminems fault, no i doubt it. Was it white americas fault. No. I blame most of it on shows like TRL and others that don't know what true hip hop is, but the media portrays it as something its not. MTV, BET, Radio Stations, etc don't know what being hip hop is. Thats the downfall of hip hop.

I respect Eminem and I like his music. Its not cause i am white but the man has skills on the mic, he lets you into his life about real stuff, he does things that black rappers only wish they could do.
If this was the case then what then what do you think pac talked about you even contradicted ya self

look at pac's lyrics, about his mom, his time in prison, about wanting to commit suicide, death, etc.
There you go pac wrote about his life and he's ten times the rapper eminem is (not disrespectin jus tellin it like it is) so you can't say that he does what only black rappers can dream of at all

TG1 Ghetto One said:
If this was the case then what then what do you think pac talked about you even contradicted ya self

There you go pac wrote about his life and he's ten times the rapper eminem is (not disrespectin jus tellin it like it is) so you can't say that he does what only black rappers can dream of at all
I was saying todays black rappers don't do that...pac did it and got away with it cause he did it differently than todays rappers..I never said that Eminem was better than pac ..if you can tell me where i said that I would like to see it

luciano24 said:
I was saying todays black rappers don't do that...pac did it and got away with it cause he did it differently than todays rappers..I never said that Eminem was better than pac ..if you can tell me where i said that I would like to see it
Pac never got away with nuttin you make it sound like it's a crime for a black rapper to make personal tracks, and i never said that you said eminem was better than pac in the first place, i was jus statin the obvious

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.