Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThUg $TyLe said:
Yea one mic dj, it is called Rewind and he tells a whole story starting with the ending :thumb: I can't up it either though Carmi.
Oh yeah thanks for that man Im too damn tired to look stupid details like that up haha...

Ok, I'm not gonna go quoting everyone one. But whoever said that Nas' wordplay and creativity isnt good, they need to hear the songs "Undying Love" and especially "I Gave You Power." If "I Gave You Power" isnt amazing in creativity and wordplay I don't know what is. In "Undying Love" the storytelling and emotion in that song is really superb. I don't think any of Eminem's songs can compare to these two songs, Undying love is better than any songs he wrote about Kim and I Gave You Power is just a metaphor and Em doesn't really use any effectively.

Edit- I'm uploading the two songs if you don't have LimeWire or something :)

Damn...I am not a Nas fan (save for a few tracks), but that "Undying Love" song was damn good. Real good.

I'm listening to "I Gave You Power" now, and this song is pretty good too. Not as good IMO as ...Love, but pretty good.

My biggest problem with Nas is his flows and his voice. I'm not too keen on MOST of his flows and his voice is VERY boring to me. His voice is really what kills it for me. Guaranteed if I heard the same Nas songs rapped by someone else like 2pac, Eminem, Method Man, Daz...and I'd probably like them. Nas' voice makes me want to go to sleep though.

not a fan of nas but i gotta give it to him though nas has got it..em though is good competition...
anyways nas been here awhile knows what he's doing....

S. Fourteen

[highlight]Stay on topic. Respect other members. Reply in one post.[/highlight]

If you don't follow that, then your post will be deleted and this thread will get closed.

I don't think Nas voice is boring but if you do ok..I wanna add that maybe it's a good thing his voice sounds boring ( still dont think its boring) cuz would he get his messages out if he rapped funny with a happy voice when his topics are most of the time not even happy...

Will

RIPAC4 em only shines on other peoples shit!? have you heard his first three albums (infinite, slim shady lp and marshall mathers lp) listen to em and tell me he dont shine. theres few in the game that touch eminem lyrically and i dont think nas is one of em. i got all of nas' albums n i like them, i'm a big fan but i'd say eminem has better skills as a rapper and is consistent with it, an average verse from em would wipe the floor with some rappers these days. but to me recently nas is becomming repetetive and is beginning, but em on his albums, although some better than others has switched styles and evolved his sound if you understand me.

jason_g_718 said:
My biggest problem with Nas is his flows and his voice. I'm not too keen on MOST of his flows and his voice is VERY boring to me. His voice is really what kills it for me. Guaranteed if I heard the same Nas songs rapped by someone else like 2pac, Eminem, Method Man, Daz...and I'd probably like them. Nas' voice makes me want to go to sleep though.
Nas' flow pre-It Was Written was top notch. As he got older things dipped for some reason to the point it's gotten to now. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not very good either. His voice for the most part, I quite like.

Lyrics: Nas (overall)
Flow: Eminem
Delivery: Eminem
Discography: Nas

It would be a tie if each category had the same value but Nas took the two most important ones so my vote goes to Nas.

Zero Cool said:
Nas' flow pre-It Was Written was top notch. As he got older things dipped for some reason to the point it's gotten to now. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but it's not very good either. His voice for the most part, I quite like.
See, to me, there's no passion in his voice. I mean, it's almost like he's just there rapping. Just flowing the words with no emotion to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's monotone, like Lloyd Banks comes off as very often, but I just don't hear the passion or heart in his voice when he's spitting that I do with people like Pac, Em, Proof, Obie, Warren G and others.

Which really kills me too, because lyrically, I think Nas is great. If I were one of those rappers that doesn't write my own stuff, I'd look to Nas for some lyrics. Dude is a awesome lyricist. But his voice is just...uhhhh.

Bill G said:
Lyrics: Nas (overall)
Flow: Eminem
Delivery: Eminem
Discography: Nas

It would be a tie if each category had the same value but Nas took the two most important ones so my vote goes to Nas.
How is discography important? I think people such as Snoop Dogg and Master P have proven that quantity means nothing.

It's not about how many records you put out, it's about the substance of those records. Now for all those people in here who love to twist my words around, no, I'm not saying at all that Nas lacks substance. I AM merely saying that just because one rapper has more albums released than another, doesn't mean they're better.

No diss towards Jason but uhh..I don't think nas raps without passion or emotion whatever you wanna call it...

The passion and or emotion is there...It's just...''Grey''...Like I said b4..Nas doesn't exactly speak on happy topics....

Man I say we should be thankful you think he raps without emotion that only means he is different than your favourite top 5 rappers...No diss...It just shows every rapper is different..just like everybody else..

That grey kinda closed style is typically Nas...or at least that's what I think of it...

One mic= best example

it's not happy it's kinda grey and has enough emotion in it....

Ayo some 1 do me a favor and post this to him since he ignores me...I'll fuckin rep you 4 it...

jason_g_718 said:
How is discography important? I think people such as Snoop Dogg and Master P have proven that quantity means nothing.

It's not about how many records you put out, it's about the substance of those records. Now for all those people in here who love to twist my words around, no, I'm not saying at all that Nas lacks substance. I AM merely saying that just because one rapper has more albums released than another, doesn't mean they're better.
Quality of the discography, not quantity Stanley. Jesus Christ! We have some stupid people here.

one mc on dj said:
No diss towards Jason but uhh..I don't think nas raps without passion or emotion whatever you wanna call it...

The passion and or emotion is there...It's just...''Grey''...Like I said b4..Nas doesn't exactly speak on happy topics....

Man I say we should be thankful you think he raps without emotion that only means he is different than your favourite top 5 rappers...No diss...It just shows every rapper is different..just like everybody else..

That grey kinda closed style is typically Nas...or at least that's what I think of it...

One mic= best example

it's not happy it's kinda grey and has enough emotion in it....
I see what you're getting at. And One Mic is a very good example. The flow changes, as does the emotion shown.

*cough*rep*cough*

Nas is better to me cause he got some real powerful and meaningful tracks which i dont think em can really compare with but em's got real good flow better than nas's but overall he cant beat nas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.