Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nas

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2pacnbiggie said:
well i'd say Nas...i'd prefer nas weakest album to eminem's weakest (encore) and nas best (illmatic) to any of ems cds i like them both tho i'd put both of them above jay z
lmfao I love you.

I think a lot of you people are forgetting the question. Wasn't the initial quesiton "who has more skills"? Not who makes better music or sells better, or has more topics.

Anyway, based on SKILLS alone, Eminem. I wouldn't say "Eminem easily", but I will say that I think Em's battling skills, in regards to mainstream rappers are second to none. Em is a SUPERB lyricist, one of the best not only in the game now, but in the history of rap. His flows are just fucking sick.

My question is though, does Nas have a battling background? I mean, I know the man can freestyle, but freestyling and battling aren't necessarily the same thing.

I'd like to see these two battle on PPV or something. Despite not liking most of Nas' music, he's one of the few rappers in today's game I actually have respect for.

jason_g_718 said:
I think a lot of you people are forgetting the question. Wasn't the initial quesiton "who has more skills"? Not who makes better music or sells better, or has more topics.

Anyway, based on SKILLS alone, Eminem. I wouldn't say "Eminem easily", but I will say that I think Em's battling skills, in regards to mainstream rappers are second to none. Em is a SUPERB lyricist, one of the best not only in the game now, but in the history of rap. His flows are just fucking sick.

My question is though, does Nas have a battling background? I mean, I know the man can freestyle, but freestyling and battling aren't necessarily the same thing.

I'd like to see these two battle on PPV or something. Despite not liking most of Nas' music, he's one of the few rappers in today's game I actually have respect for.
I think you just forgot the question. You are talking about battling skills? Who said anything about that?

Does Nas have a battling background? Who the fuck said anything about battling this is about rapping skills not going out on a stage and dissing the guy in front of you...

I'll Cut The Argument B4 Some 1 Uses It...

Diss Records Arent The Battle Skills He Is Talking About..

So Ether Doesnt Give Nas A Battle Background...

He Is Talking About Freestylebattles...^

_carmi

me, myself & us
then define what is rapping skills? flow? lyrics?

em got a good flow, sometimes amazing. his lyrics are usually fine (except encore who was a big flop). nas too is good, but i dont know, cant stand too much nas even tho the guy is great, something in is flow. dont know. maybe i find it kinda boring. but nas's lyrics are great.

well if you wanna talk "freestyle" skills then yeah eminem is better. but nas definitely is the better OVERALL rapper when it comes to making actual songs and thats what counts, no?

_carmi said:

em got a good flow, sometimes amazing. his lyrics are usually fine (except encore who was a big flop). nas too is good, but i dont know, cant stand too much nas even tho the guy is great, something in is flow. dont know. maybe i find it kinda boring. but nas's lyrics are great.
Im guessin the whole package...

Lyrics/Songwriting...Topics...Creativity..Punchlines...Messages...Flow.....Hmm...

Im sure theres more but Im too lazy to think of ne more..

_carmi

me, myself & us
one mc on dj said:
Im guessin the whole package...

Lyrics/Songwriting...Topics...Creativity..Punchlines...Messages...Flow.....Hmm...

Im sure theres more but Im too lazy to think of ne more..

lyrics/songwriting: nas and eminem are real tight on that one. but em got great lyrics and since i'm not too much into nas i have to chose em.

topics: nas wins easily on that one. he has more topics than em that has only kim, his mother and his kid

creativity: i'd say em. he's got creative ideas, creative songs. nas's songs seems a lil bit all the same to me.

punchlines: only real diss i heard fron nas was ether so.. well em wins that one i guess.

flow: em. i cant hear nas too much. his flow is kinda boring. maybe its just me.

so i vote em

I think you just forgot the question. You are talking about battling skills? Who said anything about that?
Read again. My post was not strictly about battling. My post was about the skills, and when it comes to skills and especially freestyling, battling has a definte relevance. If you have decent battling skills, that's going to increase your overall freestyle skills.

My perception is that this thread was about who is the better freestyler. The title of the thread is "Eminem vs. Nas" and the question in the opening post is "who has the better skills". Well, when you say "who has the better skills between Em and Nas" the first thing that pops into my head is "ok, they're talking about who's the better freestyler". Understand where I was coming from now?

Does Nas have a battling background? Who the fuck said anything about battling this is about rapping skills not going out on a stage and dissing the guy in front of you...
Ability or inability to be a decen battle rapper has a direct affect on your overall skills as a rapper. Does a rapper HAVE to have a battling background to be good? Of course not, artists like Snoop, Dre, Warren G. and others have proven that. However, does being a good battle rapper ADD to the skills of an overall rapper? Of course.

So, I guess this now brings the question, when you say "who's got the better skills" what exactly are you referring to?

And, for the record, I only asked if Nas has a battling background out of mere curiosity, actually. It was kind of a sidebar question for my own personal knowledge.

Damn...this post by you though is a perfect example of what I was talking about a couple days ago when I said people are so quick to wanna beef in here. I make a general comment and you reply as if you took it personally.

_carmi said:
lyrics/songwriting: nas and eminem are real tight on that one. but em got great lyrics and since i'm not too much into nas i have to chose em.

topics: nas wins easily on that one. he has more topics than em that has only kim, his mother and his kid

creativity: i'd say em. he's got creative ideas, creative songs. nas's songs seems a lil bit all the same to me.

punchlines: only real diss i heard fron nas was ether so.. well em wins that one i guess.

flow: em. i cant hear nas too much. his flow is kinda boring. maybe its just me.

so i vote em
No no hold ur vote...and quit the winning...

If you later or now I dunno how old u are have to vote 4 a certain law wouldn't you wanna get some info b4 u cast ur vote?

The only diss you heard from nas is Ether...Maybe it's a good thing if you made a thread in BEEF asking 4 some Nas disses...Also what is in your opinion Eminem's best dissrecord and why do you think it his best....
I know Em is a battle rapper and shit but answer it neway^

About creativity...Have you heard his ( nas) track Rewind?
I think Eminem has a lot of songs that sound a like just some of em are creative...songs as Stan are creative...plus it has a message in it too..So i gotta give the man some credit...

I hope you'll answer these questions seriously...

What are your favourite dissrecords by eminem and why?
Speaking of creativity what about Nas' Rewind?

_carmi

me, myself & us
one mc on dj said:
No no hold ur vote...and quit the winning...

If you later or now I dunno how old u are have to vote 4 a certain law wouldn't you wanna get some info b4 u cast ur vote?

The only diss you heard from nas is Ether...Maybe it's a good thing if you made a thread in BEEF asking 4 some Nas disses...Also what is in your opinion Eminem's best dissrecord and why do you think it his best....
I know Em is a battle rapper and shit but answer it neway^

About creativity...Have you heard his ( nas) track Rewind?
I think Eminem has a lot of songs that sound a like just some of em are creative...songs as Stan are creative...plus it has a message in it too..So i gotta give the man some credit...

I hope you'll answer these questions seriously...

Nail In The Coffin. he killed benzino in that track.

no i havent heard it. do u mind upping it for me?

All of the above. I mean, whether you're just freestyling or battling, the whole point to doing that is to see what the best lyrics are that you can come up with literally on the spur of the moment.

Me personally, what I like to do when freestyling is come up with maybe 3 or 4 simple bars to rip off the top of my head. While I'm ripping those simple bars and spitting them, at the same time I'm using that short 9 or 10 seconds to come up with the best possible lines I can come up with. Sometimes you get lucky and you happen to spit a line out that just for some reason triggers your brain and shit just starts flowing out like you wrote it or something.

Yeah, I agree on Em's flow. I personally think, again, that he has probably the best flow in the business. Usually anyway. Of course every song brings a different flow sometimes. For example, his flow on The Game's "We Ain't" is just 100% sick. That was probably one of the top three flows he's ever come with. However, you take a song like "Never Enough" off Encore, and while the flow is good, it's also kinda boring. The song itself is good, Em's lyrics are average (average for Em, above average for most other emcee's), the flow is good for anyone else, but Em is held to higher standards.

My perception is that this thread was about who is the better freestyler. The title of the thread is "Eminem vs. Nas" and the question in the opening post is "who has the better skills". Well, when you say "who has the better skills between Em and Nas" the first thing that pops into my head is "ok, they're talking about who's the better freestyler". Understand where I was coming from now?
So when he thinks of skills he thinks of battling skills?

Rapping = battling in his eyes?

I dunno but thats pretty off topic and he should take me off ignore cuz he is asking the same question as _carmi

DEATHWiSH said:
well if you wanna talk "freestyle" skills then yeah eminem is better. but nas definitely is the better OVERALL rapper when it comes to making actual songs and thats what counts, no?
Well, that all depends. I mean, Em and Nas don't exactly have similar styles of rapping. Part of the reason I like Em so much is that he knows how to get a real message across in a song without being too incredibly serious. He usually has just the perfect mix of real message/joking. Nas is a more serious rapper. Nas is like the science teacher that believes things should be taken seriously and chemicals aren't something to joke around with. Eminem is the teacher that is going to be more laid back and is more focused on connecting with the class and he knows that some subjects just aren't fun, but he knows how to make the serious content fun to study.

Part of the reason I've always not liked Nas' music is because most of it is to dark for my taste.

Bottom line is, I prefer Eminem over pretty much anyone CURRENTLY in the game, but I have hella respect for BOTH Nas and Em.

one mc on dj said:
Please explain how you got to the conclusion that Eminem is lyrically just a bit better...I always wondered what ppl actually mean with lyrically...Not that I am stupid I am testing you...
well his rhymes and his wordplay is a tiny bit better than nas. He can be serious and he can be funny. Nas could never be funny like eminem.

_carmi said:

Nail In The Coffin. he killed benzino in that track.

no i havent heard it. do u mind upping it for me?
I'll have to go with the subliminals he threw at canibus and canibus threw back at him...
Some from both sides made me say damn...I never thought ppl could come up with that shit ya know...
BUt as a full disrecord Im going with the sauce...or nail in the coffin newayz I dunno I don't remember em..but I do know Em was being serious and he had some serious lines in it...That was real good to hear...And he silenced benzino...BUt lol benzino had some funny lines too and some were funny because they were just stupid..but no diss towards benzino lol...not that ne 1 cares but aight...

I can't up Rewind now :( you can ask sum 1 else or ill pm it to you tomorrow...Man im not even sure ne more if its even called rewind...Newayz he spit a story backwards I don't even remember lmao!! Pretty terrible what im doing rite now...Well if you don't get it tonight I'll see what I can do 4 u tomorrow...

MAKaveli_10 said:
well his rhymes and his wordplay is a tiny bit better than nas. He can be serious and he can be funny. Nas could never be funny like eminem.
Another thing too is that Eminem has this unique ability to write a bar, and then take the same bar, and just flip some of the words upside down to make a completely different bar with a whole other meaning.

lol, I don't know if that makes any sense, do you know what I'm trying to get at?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Yea one mic dj, it is called Rewind and he tells a whole story starting with the ending :thumb: I can't up it either though Carmi.

jason_g_718 said:
Well, that all depends. I mean, Em and Nas don't exactly have similar styles of rapping. Part of the reason I like Em so much is that he knows how to get a real message across in a song without being too incredibly serious. He usually has just the perfect mix of real message/joking. Nas is a more serious rapper. Nas is like the science teacher that believes things should be taken seriously and chemicals aren't something to joke around with. Eminem is the teacher that is going to be more laid back and is more focused on connecting with the class and he knows that some subjects just aren't fun, but he knows how to make the serious content fun to study.

Part of the reason I've always not liked Nas' music is because most of it is to dark for my taste.

Bottom line is, I prefer Eminem over pretty much anyone CURRENTLY in the game, but I have hella respect for BOTH Nas and Em.

I don't think Nas is the way you put it right there offcourse we have a different taste...You see him as the boring teacher...Well Nas isn't THAT serious...Nas can be pretty serious..but it's never really boring as a science lesson and trust me I know what Im talking about...
I agree with you tho when you say Eminem would be that laid back teacher..actually he would be that immature gymclass teacher...

So basically for the knowledge you go 2 Nas for the fun you go 2 Eminem...If that is what you are tryna say I totally understand ur view..

But what I dont understand is...How can you say you respect Nas only because he lasts so long ...I just find it weird that you respect him for surviving but not for his music..cuz you already stated you didd't like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.