Eminem - Greatest Hits Out December

Hellrazor1978 said:
No, it wont. It'll be lucky if it sells 2 mill. Em's popularity has dwindled greatly the last year or two, but more importantly....

greatest hits rap albums never sell good.

Exception: 2Pac "Greatest Hits" which sold over 9 million. Em's greatest hits wont put up anything even close to those numbers.
it doesnt really matter cos em total sales 65m, pacs only listed as 45m. :thumb:

Hellrazor1978 said:
No, it wont. It'll be lucky if it sells 2 mill. Em's popularity has dwindled greatly the last year or two, but more importantly....

greatest hits rap albums never sell good.

Exception: 2Pac "Greatest Hits" which sold over 9 million. Em's greatest hits wont put up anything even close to those numbers.
it doesnt really matter cos em total sales 65m, pacs only listed as 45m. :thumb:

Hellrazor1978 said:
Dude, are you crazy? The soundtrack to "8 Mile" did 2 million+ alone. Eminem's fan base may have decreased throughout his groups such as us, those who liked the "real" Eminem. But as I say that, yet and still, he has more fans now than ever. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he do 960,000+ the 1st week with Encore - his second highest total for 1st week sales?

Hellrazor1978 said:
Dude, are you crazy? The soundtrack to "8 Mile" did 2 million+ alone. Eminem's fan base may have decreased throughout his groups such as us, those who liked the "real" Eminem. But as I say that, yet and still, he has more fans now than ever. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he do 960,000+ the 1st week with Encore - his second highest total for 1st week sales?

Hellrazor1978 said:

KO

people are talking abount Eminem not selling records anymore?? Encore did over a mil in a week! Em's selling power is unmatched by ANYONE in todays music industry

KO

people are talking abount Eminem not selling records anymore?? Encore did over a mil in a week! Em's selling power is unmatched by ANYONE in todays music industry

KO

KO

Eminem does his part to spark the Q4 retail rush, as his Shady/Aftermath/Interscope album, Encore, landed on top again with its first full week at retail.

In one of the best sales weeks of the year, Slim Shady proves formidable, selling 928k albums for a 10-day total of 1.7m. That compares pretty favorably to his last album, The Eminem Show, which sold 311k in three days and 1.4m its first full week out for a similar total of 1.7m back in June 2002.

1.7 million albums in 10 days??? yand his selling power is DECLINING?

KO

Eminem does his part to spark the Q4 retail rush, as his Shady/Aftermath/Interscope album, Encore, landed on top again with its first full week at retail.

In one of the best sales weeks of the year, Slim Shady proves formidable, selling 928k albums for a 10-day total of 1.7m. That compares pretty favorably to his last album, The Eminem Show, which sold 311k in three days and 1.4m its first full week out for a similar total of 1.7m back in June 2002.

KO

Confucius87 said:
8 Mile came out when Em was at the peak of his popularity.

Encore sold well, but not NEARLY as well as the MMLP or Eminem Show, both of which outsold Encore by almost double (both sold over 8 million, Encore did 4 million in comparison).

and with him not being as popular, Encore being looked upon as his worst album to date, greatest hits albums in rap generally not being top sellers.......you have to factor all these things together. This album aint gonna sell no damn 10 million. Not even close. It was sell 2-3 million tops.

Pac's Greatest Hits is the only rap greatest hits album to put up huge numbers.

Confucius87 said:

Encore sold well, but not NEARLY as well as the MMLP or Eminem Show, both of which outsold Encore by almost double (both sold over 8 million, Encore did 4 million in comparison).

and with him not being as popular, Encore being looked upon as his worst album to date, greatest hits albums in rap generally not being top sellers.......you have to factor all these things together. This album aint gonna sell no damn 10 million. Not even close. It was sell 2-3 million tops.

Confucius87 said:

Hellrazor1978 said:

name me 10 artists in hip hop this year who have sold multiplatinum. :thumb:

till u can do that, ur argument is void. because downloading is more prominent then buying albums nowadays.

i can name u so many artists with 'hit' singles but no platinum plaque on the back of that.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.