Detox is finally coming out.

Shadows

I really liked the I Need A Doctor video and see where it is headed. Smart. It should have been the first song imo...but i guess this way adds more hype before the release date.

I am now finally liking the song.

Da_Funk

What I don't understand: Why many people say they like the song AFTER seeing the video. Maybe I just grew up not giving a fuck about mtv but I've never been one to give a rats ass about a music video.

THEV1LL4N

i see what you're saying, but some videos complement the song. on the other hand, I loved "Love The Way You Lie", before the video was released. I prefer it without the visuals, so i always skip past it whenever its on TV; I will still listen to the song if it is playing on my play list.

Casey

Staff member
The shot of Eazy's grave gave me a serious deja vu, all the way back to the mid 90's when I first saw the video to "Tha Crossroads" by BTNH which had Eazy's ghost in it.

I like that they showed some clips of 'Pac in there from the Cali Love video.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
** Google note an increase of search trends related to "Eric Wright" ** Kids, ey?

I have no issue with people who weren't born when Eazy died not knowing who he was. We all got into rap at some point. I didn't know who KRS-One was when I first got into the music. I just heard some music on the radio, or saw it on MTV and liked what I heard. I can't even remember what track it was. But I built my knowledge from there and found artists I had missed and listened to all the new artists coming through.

I still find artists now that I slept on back in the 90's.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Also, gotta be honest. I am very much liking the video. I liked the track before, but didn't think it fitted on a Dre solo album. Now I see the concept.

Seems like big budget music videos are making a comeback in hip-hop....

I also think maybe Dre purposely skipped putting his sons grave in the video, it might encourage fans to visit. Which he most likely wouldn't want.

Also, how much did they get for product placement in that video? Or is it part of Dre's HP deal?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^Well, I don't think big budget videos are making a comeback. I think Dre made a big budget video, and due to a ton of product placement, I'm sure it wasn't too much anyway of his own money.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I miss the big budget videos. Probably because it was at the height of my love for hippity hop. The days of DR and Bad Boy.

_carmi

me, myself & us
loved the video. i think it really compliments the song. i guess we now can see its concept and how it is a fitting single after all.

Shadows

I think his sons funeral site wasn't shown so people wouldn't look for it, possibly? Maybe his wife didn't want it shown.

For those saying it might be the number one track, I originally thought so, but i'm not so sure now.

I now think Kush might be the first one...from the ways of the music video, kind of like where he left off...and then I need a doctor being the 2nd track...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.