Detox is finally coming out.

Shadows

I don't like Mr. Prescription....but hopefully with a few listens it will grow on me like I need a Doctor, (which I always put on repeat after i listen to it).

MaroC

capt'n fruity
Guys...you know Detox gonna suck right. Dre songs that "hopefully will grow on you"?. What the fuck mayne. Dre songs should bang your eardrums into an acoustic trauma the first time you hear them

The first 3 single are garbage. No hope whatsoever for Detox

stefanwzyga

After hearing Mr. Prescription i have lost all hope for this album. I need a doctor has been playing on Radio 1 about 3/4 times a day for the last month or so, i think it's ok at best, i would never bump it in my car, so obviously aint that impressed.

THEV1LL4N

anyone ever thought that these tracks WILL actually be on Detox. I think some of them might not even make it to Detox. They could simply be reintroduction tracks to get some commercial limelight back onto Dre. Eminem, Akon, Snoop. Who better to do it with than those three? Akon simply for the choruses. Skylar Grey did her thing on I Need A Doctor.

Crack A Bottle was only put onto Relapse because of how well it was received - it was meant to be a reintroduction single once leaked.

Look at Get Up by 50 Cent. That should've been on Before I Self Destruct - but it just reintroduced him again to maybe create buzz for album sales. Unfortunately in that case, BISD didn't sell too well.

Simply put - Kush and INAD could be pre-album singles that don't make the album. Dont worry about Mr Prescription or Chillin' - Still need to hear the latter two (with Sizz Beatz) though.

THEV1LL4N

I dont know how much they cost, but Dre HAS to come back big or its not going to work for him at all.

He's always going to have his fair share of critics. He's a game changer.. and the reason why most are complaining is because he's not really doing anything different to the norm this time around. In my opinion, he changed the direction of rap with The Chronic album, and then again with the 2001 album. I Need A Doctor seemed to be more of a Dre tribute by Eminem - which is why it was rumoured to be a Recovery leftover. It doesn't sound too different from the Recovery style either.. so its been done before.

But as im predicting. This will be a much more mature Dre record. No acting like young adults anymore, its about leaving a lasting impression and passing on the torch. A musical album rather than a rap album. Everyone cant be pleased by this and so the Dre fans that want a rap album will be critiquing his new material (note: still need to hear the 2 collabos with Swizz Beatz).

Dre has evolved. He doesnt have Batson, Storch, Elizondo by his side anymore so we can forget the 02-06 era. Mel-man should be back. He's also working with Mr. Porter, Dawaun Parker, DJ Khalil, Nottz, Focus..., Hi-Tek (i think), and others... Wikipedia says Elizondo and Batson are still Aftermath producers... but since theyve not really co-produced in a while, i doubt they have any new material made for the latest version of Detox.

As for singers on the album, not rappers... he should definitely get Tiffany Villarreal, Nikki Grier and Marsha Ambrosius in the studio. Another MJB collabo would be good.. and i'd be pushing it if i was to ask for a Truth Hurts collabo - that would seem kinda dated though since she was an '02 signee. Marsha on the other hand is back with her latest album.. and its one of the best things to come out in a long while.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.