Crooked I: The Best Lyricist Ever?

jasedwads said:
Immortal Technique said in a interview he was only spitting at 60%. When he hits 100% he will be SOFAR ahead!!!!
LMAO thats a fucking dumb comment...I spit at 60 % HOW U GON SPIT AT 60 % LIKE IM NOT GONNA USE THAT WORD CUZ THATS GONNA MAKE MY RAP TOO ILL wouldnt wanna make it a 61 % rap...What is he going to give us as a 100 % rap another conspiracy theory or another literally sick story?

DONDI said:
LMAO thats a fucking dumb comment...I spit at 60 % HOW U GON SPIT AT 60 % LIKE IM NOT GONNA USE THAT WORD CUZ THATS GONNA MAKE MY RAP TOO ILL wouldnt wanna make it a 61 % rap...What is he going to give us as a 100 % rap another conspiracy theory or another literally sick story?
LOL!!!!!

I like IT but you can't just spit at 60% & DONDI's 'that would make my rap too ill' just fucking killed me....

crooked i is a dope lyricist no doubt but IMO,both kurupt and snoop during their prime(93-96)would shit on him
and there's no doubt he's better than em but i think roscoe,jayo felony,canibus and E-40 are as good if not better lyricist than crook

im sure this has been said already but haven't you people ever heard of a guy named big l? no doubt i love crooked i, but hands down big l was and is the best lyricist.

^^ lmao

record sales have nothin to do with a rapper bein a good lyricist or not. I dont know where u get that logic from but its wrong.

Record sales ONLY measure popularity. It doesnt measure skills on the mic in anyway shape or form.

ksoula

On Probation: Please report break in guidelines to
Just in case you guys are too retarted and thick-headed to figure this out, if you have good lyrics, then people will buy your records. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to come up with that connection.

Just cuz, chingy and them sell records (for a very brief period) does not negate my statement.

People with good lyrics, like Pac, Big, Nas, Jay, Snoop
all have sold a lot of records over a consistent period of time.

ksoula

What does your ternm lyricist mean?

Just how words sound????

So BIG is the best because him spelling his name sounds good "B I G P O P P A"

BULL

Lyrics also have to do with meaning, and emotion
- and in this category no one and I mean no one beats 2pac here.

ksoula said:
Just in case you guys are too retarted and thick-headed to figure this out, if you have good lyrics, then people will buy your records. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to come up with that connection.

Just cuz, chingy and them sell records (for a very brief period) does not negate my statement.

Common, GZA, Big L, and Canibus all have great lyrics but nobody buys (or bought in big L's case r.i.p.) their albums.

They dont barely even go gold if that. Whats up with you and record sales? u cant use that to measure whether somebody is a great lyricist or not.

Nas is a great lyricist but when he first came out with illmatic it didnt sell to well, in fact, he didnt go platinum on illmatic until 7 years later. Does that mean hes not a good lyricist? NO

Originally Posted by ksoula

to be honest mate the list is endless to prove u wrong like immortal technique would say its all about marketing schemes

ksoula

Why does everybody say that PAC isnt a good lyricist?

Does everyone not listen to his message or the passion and intensity with which he raps.

That is what I define by lyricist, and which is why 2pac is definitely the best lyricist of all time.

but pac is in a different class to other rappers he wasnt about sick lyrics or punchlines he was from the heart pac was on some other shit really.
i like crooked i but i think tech n9ne is the hottest on the west imo

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.