Classics That You Don't Like

roaches said:
That album fucking sucked. Very few people liked it when it came out, and afterwards the only people who liked it were the late '90s-early '00s Internet thugs who worship the ground Death Row lay at and deify everything it puts out.

No offense or anything if that applies to you.
Word, I was waiting for doggystyle 2 not that

its linx! said:
Its annoying how people think Illmatic is an undeniable classic and can’t accept anything else. Sure lots of people think it is but I am saying it is not a classic for me. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and say it is just because lots of hip hop heads think it is.

Albums that some critics proclaimed for the classics. For example Lil' Kim's 'Naked Truth'. I don't listen several big names, past and present, so everything from them is in this group also...

jeremy said:
Its annoying how people think Illmatic is an undeniable classic and can’t accept anything else. Sure lots of people think it is but I am saying it is not a classic for me. I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and say it is just because lots of hip hop heads think it is.

agreed I cannot get into that album at all. Every year I give it another shot, and every year I sit there scratching my head going wtf? How is this shit classic. The beats aren't catchy and have barely any melody, and Nas comes with no energy on every track. Nevermind classic, I can't even find one song on there that I would burn onto a mix CD to play in my car.

jflballer said:
agreed I cannot get into that album at all. Every year I give it another shot, and every year I sit there scratching my head going wtf? How is this shit classic. The beats aren't catchy and have barely any melody, and Nas comes with no energy on every track. Nevermind classic, I can't even find one song on there that I would burn onto a mix CD to play in my car.
So what you burn onto mix CD? Laffy Taffy? Beep?

Some these LP's are conerstones of hip-hop...remove one piece and alot of other pieces (mainly a fav. CD of yours that was more then liekly influnced by the classic) falls.

Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde...

I heard the most popular tracks on a mix a friend gave me (on the dl, passin' me by) and came across the vinyl at a record shop and decided to pick it up. Maybe it is just too old school for my taste, but I couldn't really get into it.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
I don't have any specific names, but mostly some of Dr. Dre's tracks. Most of his songs are pretty good, but there are some that alot of people do like, which I can't bare to listen to.

AmerikazMost

I can't believe some of you call yourselves hip-hop fans and can't get into Illmatic. That's one of those albums I can listen to without skipping a track.

AmerikazMost said:
I can't believe some of you call yourselves hip-hop fans and can't get into Illmatic. That's one of those albums I can listen to without skipping a track.
So if I dont like Illmatic I am not a hip hop fan? Come on now...

AmerikazMost said:
:thumb: The Illmatic is undeniable classic. For some reason you may not like Nas but you can't question the status of this masterpiece.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.