8. Ice Cube
7. Big Daddy Kane
6. KRS-One
5. Nas
4. Rakim
3. The Notorious B.I.G.
2. Tupac
1. ??

Alright, when the 10-5 came out, I thought that this list might not be too bad. I didn't like Nas as low as 5, but I can understand it. Same when I saw Rakim at number 4. So I assumed Jigga would be 3, Biggie would be 2, and Pac at 1. Then I saw Biggie at 3 and flipped. Jay-Z better than Biggie?

Then, just now, I went back to see Jigga take the number 2 spot, try and salvage something out of Pac being number 1. And what do I see? Tupac's picture with a 2 by it.

Is anyone else literally offended by MTV's "hip-hop braintrust" declaring Jay-Z the best MC of all-time?

AmerikazMost said:
Is anyone else literally offended by MTV's "hip-hop braintrust" declaring Jay-Z the best MC of all-time?
Don't pay much attention to MTV. In the very beginnigs they were refusing to play Hip-Hop at all. They will be forever ignorant and they will always glorify only the comercial part of this culture. Btw on my list Jay-Z won't see any of the first 10 places.

Bobby Sands

lmao at that fag Jay-Z being number one.I have every album he released and i can honsestly say that i only like about 2.the rest is garbage.

They might surprise us and put sommeone like Redman,Big L or Big Pun number or even someone from the Wu Tang Clan.I wont hold my breath though.

_carmi

me, myself & us
troublesome2004 said:
Don't pay much attention to MTV. In the very beginnigs they were refusing to play Hip-Hop at all. They will be forever ignorant and they will always glorify only the comercial part of this culture. Btw on my list Jay-Z won't see any of the first 10 places.
agreed

PuffnScruff

i am a fan of jayz, i own every album he has put out plus lots of unreleased tracks, i have to say that i would not put him in the top 5 as far as mc's go. if this were biggest rap stars of all time i could see him being at the top of the list or at least top 3. i think this just shows how much stock and power jay-z has over at mtv. the same way wacko jackson did back in the day

AmerikazMost

For whoever said it may be a surprise, it's not. Jay wasn't in the honorable mention list, and if you watch the videos of the "brain trust" discussing finalizing the list, they were debating between Pac, Biggie, and Jay-Z in the top 3.

Shot 21 said:
Jay Z is a great rapper but to be placed above Pac.. WTF!! Just shows what money and power gets you.
Yea.. they prolly picked jigga cuz he's still alive and accomplished more.. (more hit singles then Pac, prez. of def jam now, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.