All of modern rapping* is derived from these 12:

Lok

roaches said:
You could make a song out of the lines Jay-Z's lifted from Bun B. I see a clear Bun B influence on Ludacris, Z-Ro, all of the Rap-a-lot second/third-stringers, and all of these Houston kids who're suddenly blowing up.
How does he influence other rappers like Luda & Z Ro? In what sense? you'll have to explain, because I have been working quite a lot lately & haven't been getting much sleep, so im kinda slow.
Lyricly he isn't doing anything that hasn't been done or said before. His flow/voice is similar to most of the cats coming from Texas (Past & Present). You give him too much props.

Edit:
Get your ass back to those albums that some dude recorded himself and sold in the barbershop he hangs out in in Gary, Indiana in 1999 and re-released in 2002 after he did a bid for strangling Lashawn for fucking up his fade.

Go for it. It'd be harder, though.
That's the only way to go bayyyybe.

<>goes to bump "Clucka Slappa - Da Bitch Broke Water On Dem Swine Seats" from the Charlston, West Virginia classic "It Ain't a Slap Unless It Leavez a Hand Print"<>

AmerikazMost

roaches said:
2Pac
Big Daddy Kane
Bun B
Chuck D
Ice Cube
Jay-Z
Kool G Rap
KRS-One
Nas
Rakim
Scarface
Slick Rick

*that matters

Agree/disagree? Por que?
i think you can shorten the list by knocking out nas and jigga

nas from pac and rakim
jigga from nas (thus pac and rakim), biggie, etc...he's probably one of the least original rappers out...one of the best, but def. not unique

ol' dirty was original, but not many take from him

7 Syns

Why do people keep saying Canibus? Isn't it even 1% obvious Bis is influenced by Rakim? Without Rakim, does anyone here actually think 'Bis would be as lyrical as he is? Do y'all who are saying half these new age cats even know what the golden era of rap is?

Bis as much as I like him as an emcee, is just another case of a kid (back then) who heard Microphone Fiend then heard Eric B Is President and decided after that point to pick a mic up.

peace.

7 Syns said:
Why do people keep saying Canibus? Isn't it even 1% obvious Bis is influenced by Rakim? Without Rakim, does anyone here actually think 'Bis would be as lyrical as he is? Do y'all who are saying half these new age cats even know what the golden era of rap is?

Bis as much as I like him as an emcee, is just another case of a kid (back then) who heard Microphone Fiend then heard Eric B Is President and decided after that point to pick a mic up.

peace.
no, no... i was certainly aware of canibus' rakim influence. i just wanted to see what others would say about his influences. i'm not too sure who else has influenced bis. i believe he's even said before that he was an ll fan.

i do know that cassidy is derived from canibus ;)

Nut

I think the cow, bird, monkey, bear and horse and a few more animals should be in that list too because a lot of rappers sound like animals.

Mark Deez said:
shows what you know about real hip-hop
Explain how he matters then smartass? Just because you've swallowed a dictionary does not make you a good MC. What has he ever done that is significant? His subject matter is off zero importance. When he tried to switch it up and go for the more commerical angle on 'C - True Hollywood Stories' he failed miserably So where does that leave him? Stuck in the warp between the underground and the mainstream. AKA the land of who gives a fuck.

7 Syns said:

peace.
i dont agree....but i was waiting for somebody to say it...

as much as i like Rakim....Canibus is just so far above and beyond anything Rakim has even attempted to create...and yes, i do think he would be as talented as he if Ra never existed as an MC.

a) Bis flow is completely different Ra's
b) his word play, and vocab are far beyond Ra's -and anyone else's for that matter
c) nobody comes close to Bis as far as lyrics, breath control, creativety, and basic stamina on the mic

show me anything by Rakim that even remotely compares to Poet Laureatte II -coz Microphone Fiend certainly does not.

peace.

AmerikazMost said:
i think you can shorten the list by knocking out nas and jigga

nas from pac and rakim
jigga from nas (thus pac and rakim), biggie, etc...he's probably one of the least original rappers out...one of the best, but def. not unique

ol' dirty was original, but not many take from him

his wild/clown type of persona obviosuly was orginal but Biz did that type of clown rap b4

Were not sitting here debating Flow or Lyrical ability is bis ahead of 1988 rakim yes maybe but shitits been decades

Bis is just a grown up new age rakim no doubt about it, The only difference is that rakim was alot ALOT better at it.

Bis is too much of a microphone fiend.

It's hard to explain but as dope as bis is he's still wack just a little bit.

And I Love Bis He just doesn't really matter He has a chance to matter but he don't.

And Roaches answer Common, I dont see much of an influence from chuck D add Tribe or Cl Smooth and I might completely agree with the list.

Oh and Common affected Talib and mos and the new generation greatly

Canibus is whack?? excuse me??....i think i just had a brain hemerage.....Canibus is easily in the top 5 alive...

for fucks sakes, just becuase his music isn't radio or MTV friendly...does not mean he doesnt matter! -MTV is NOT hiphop.

7 Syns

kman_69 said:
i dont agree....but i was waiting for somebody to say it...

as much as i like Rakim....Canibus is just so far above and beyond anything Rakim has even attempted to create...and yes, i do think he would be as talented as he if Ra never existed as an MC.

a) Bis flow is completely different Ra's
b) his word play, and vocab are far beyond Ra's -and anyone else's for that matter
c) nobody comes close to Bis as far as lyrics, breath control, creativety, and basic stamina on the mic

show me anything by Rakim that even remotely compares to Poet Laureatte II -coz Microphone Fiend certainly does not.

peace.
Anything Rakim has done that compares to Poet Laureate II? Ever heard a track called "The Mystery (Who is God)"? Until you do what you wrote (everything u wrote) is irrelevant. Sorry but you obviously don't know your Rakim or for that matter hip-hop before the 90's. If you did, the post you just dropped wouldve never happened.

step your knowledge game up kid. as avolias would say lol.

peace.

^^^^DAMN HOMIE

Shit that was fucked up and I love that mystery Joint, some of them tracks on 18th letter were alittle off.

And nah I don't think lyrically as in diction is canibus off but he lacks in other departments which are still crucial when rhyming.

In my opinion anyway

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.