50 Cent's new album "I Can't Stay Away" July 18th!

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
yea...um it is

has a classic feel to it the whole way through

most of hiphop agree's, so that makes it one

i personally dont like biggies "ready 2 die" but i have to sit there and call ti a classic cause its a recognised classic by the hiphop community

ARon

What are you talking about most of Hip-Hop agrees. That was damn near mixtpae material. It is not a classic album, stop disrespecting real classics. You skip nearly every other track not to mention weak, weak production. It's not like he had lyrics to outshine his production so please please explain to me how this is a classic album.
By the way what is a classic feel?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sarr said:
i think he means "power of the dollar"

from what i know it was half out...then when it dropped he got shot, and then cut from the label and they recalled the album or something

but yea, officially power of the dollar is his first proper album (a classic)

Power of the dollar didn't get released.

GRODT was his debut album, as far as I'm aware. I could be wrong, but from research I've done. He didn't release anything on columbia and everything else like Guess who's Back and 50 Cent is the future was mixtape shit. Power of The Dollar ended up as mixtape stuff too.

Bobby Sands

Correct Power Of The Dollar was shelved after 50 got shot.Although i think it was released as an E.P with only a couple of tracks.Correct me if im wrong.

ARon

^I think it got released with what was supposed to be on it and other tracks they had laying around. When I bought it it was at Media Play, they don't sell mixtapes there. It has what 17 songs, it is probably just an EP, make some money off his fame type shit.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Aristotle said:
^I think it got released with what was supposed to be on it and other tracks they had laying around. When I bought it it was at Media Play, they don't sell mixtapes there. It has what 17 songs, it is probably just an EP, make some money off his fame type shit.

Was that after GRODT though? I saw a lot of "albums" after that, with older stuff on it.

But POTD was released on mixtapes before when his buzz got too big to ignore.

Pittsey said:
Power of the dollar didn't get released.

GRODT was his debut album, as far as I'm aware. I could be wrong, but from research I've done. He didn't release anything on columbia and everything else like Guess who's Back and 50 Cent is the future was mixtape shit. Power of The Dollar ended up as mixtape stuff too.
Power of the Dollar EP was released on Sony Music/Columbia Records
http://www.2pacshakur.net/2pac/showthread.php?t=2594
Check the amazon site they still have it listed too
it had only 5 tracks and there was picture of cover for album on the back

Tekneek said:
Does anyone even know what pop music is? Pop stands for popular, nothing more or less.
No shit sherlock!!!

Think outside tha box for a second dawg! Everybody knows pop is short for popular but we don't use the word literally do we??? It refers to a style of simple music that appeals to a lazy generation! Music that demands no thought or talent to produce! Pop music! for example- 50 Cent

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.