50 Cent's new album "I Can't Stay Away" July 18th!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
GRODT wasn't that much better than Massacre.

Beg For Mercy was a huge pile of shit.

50's next album will be a decent bump for a week or so. And then good to listen to in the gym. I don't expect any more or any less.

50 has talent, he's proven it. He doesn't need to show it to sell records unfortuantely.

I liked 50 back before GRODT, I was a huge fan. GRODT was a solid album, but a little disapointing. The best tracks were the 3 bonus 1's. Pre-Shady tracks. And obviously "In Da Club".

Massacre had some banging beats. Musically it was better than GRODT. Content was weaker. But I'd say there isn't much between them.

Bucks album was solid, Banks was OK. A few decent tracks. As much as I tried to defend Yayo, that album was poop. Could be a decent rapper. But needs work. And is saddled with annoying nasal voice.

But respect to 50, and Sha Money. They are shit hot business men.

Tha way i see it is 50 ain't that good a rapper!!! He's caught tha rap game in a transitional period! Between hardcore and pop! Like it or not rap is becomin more mainstream thanks to tha likes of no:1 Eminem No:2 Rap/RnB/Pop Collaborations and no:3 record labels signin any young black kid as "tha next big rap sensation"

If I had been signed by Eminem and Produced by Dr.Dre, I'm pretty fuckin sure I could come up with an album TEN TIMES as good as GRODT or The Massacre!!! As about 50% of the rap industry could!!!

More little girls and kids are startin to listen to rap in preference to pop so of course rappers like 50 and Eminem are gonna be tha most popular! They have a CHILDISH appeal! It's an insult to call 50 Cent Gangsta rap!!! Eazy E and NWA was gangsta not 50!!! 50 is just playschool gangsta! he's like kindergarten of gangsta! Tha guy raps about the most obvious and uncreative aspects of being gangsta! He ain't real he just blows shit out of proportion! Everybody wants another rap legend but PLEEAAASE don't look to 50 for that!!! It's embarrasing!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
-RiP- said:
Tha way i see it is 50 ain't that good a rapper!!! He's caught tha rap game in a transitional period! Between hardcore and pop! Like it or not rap is becomin more mainstream thanks to tha likes of no:1 Eminem No:2 Rap/RnB/Pop Collaborations and no:3 record labels signin any young black kid as "tha next big rap sensation"

If I had been signed by Eminem and Produced by Dr.Dre, I'm pretty fuckin sure I could come up with an album TEN TIMES as good as GRODT or The Massacre!!! As about 50% of the rap industry could!!!

More little girls and kids are startin to listen to rap in preference to pop so of course rappers like 50 and Eminem are gonna be tha most popular! They have a CHILDISH appeal! It's an insult to call 50 Cent Gangsta rap!!! Eazy E and NWA was gangsta not 50!!! 50 is just playschool gangsta! he's like kindergarten of gangsta! Tha guy raps about the most obvious and uncreative aspects of being gangsta! He ain't real he just blows shit out of proportion! Everybody wants another rap legend but PLEEAAASE don't look to 50 for that!!! It's embarrasing!

50 Cent was better Pre Eminem and Dre. They made him rich, but they didn't make his talent, the opposite infact.

50 would have been big regardless of Aftermath. They just made him global. Everyone who was checking for Eminem, started checking for 50.

And as far as gangsta, Preme couldn't stop 50. I'd say he's pretty gangsta. But then I don't really understand why it's important that he is or isn't. If he made another "How to Rob" or "Ghetto Qu'ran" I'd be a fan again.

SiGh said:
50: debut album - it was good.
GUNIT: beg for mercy - good.
Massacre: sucked, besides a couple tracks
LB: debut album - good
YB: debut album - good
TY: debut album - sucked, except for a few tracks

The Game: debut album - good

Im looking forward to YB's second album. Game's second album.
the others, ill still buy bootleg, unless its worth buying the og.

But Beg for Mercy - the GUnit album kicked ass, beats were sick, buck was sick with his verses.
GRODT wasn't 50s debut album you silly billy.
Anyone who thinks a G Unit album is dope has an utter incomprehension of quality hip hop.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
mc_millionaire said:
GRODT wasn't 50s debut album you fucking moron.
Get educated.
Anyone who thinks a G Unit album is dope has an utter incomprehension of quality hip hop.
show me where i said GRODT was his debut album?

i know that wasnt his first album. but i was his first after he got signed huge.

dont assume shit.

_carmi

me, myself & us
mc_millionaire said:
Get educated.
its not everybody that has a huge knowledge of hiphop. and everyone have their own opinions on g-unit. personally i dont likeb their stuff, but hey someone else could believe they are the best rappers ever and hey its their opinions and i respect it. some people consider dope whatever that is listenable while some others considers dope a song that has good lyrics, good flow, good beat, etc. its all a matter of opinions.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
Pittsey said:
If he made another "How to Rob" or "Ghetto Qu'ran" I'd be a fan again.
"this is the way we came up" i thought that song was really fuckin good...and its new. has a similar feel to his older shit. check it out

Sarr

^
wrong...a shitload of the haters still buy his album to see what he has to say..and if they dont buy his album they still download his music to see what he says

ARon

His sales come from mainstream music listeners and people outside of hip-hop, not heads who check for Ill Bill or something.
Someone might download an album but that doesnt mean nothing, what did he do 1.2 in his first week with hte massacre, those were people who watch TRL everyday not ones who listen to there local college hip-hop radio station.

Sarr

your wrong. I know people whp dont like him...and they listen to talib kweli...but they cant explain why they bought the album. They hear all this rukas about what he said about who...then they see it in store and on impulse just buy it then complain about it but also say "it wasnt as bad as i expected"

ive done that before with other albums i must admit

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
mc_millionaire said:
Get educated.

What was his debut album then? I want to see what you think it was.

I bet your answer is wrong.

edit - When I say debut, I mean printed and sold in shops. Not the first album he layed in a studio and got put on a cdr. Nor do I mean mixtapes like Guess who's back or 50 Cent is the future.

dont know if its been posted but more then liekly he recorded enough tracks for the Massacre for another LP, maybe a couple newly recorded songs here or there but thats what I think..all I know and I say this all the time talk shit bout the man but b4 he had some spits and it even shows now with songs like Ryda Music' (Hi-Tek kills it)

Sarr

Pittsey said:
What was his debut album then? I want to see what you think it was.

I bet your answer is wrong.

edit - When I say debut, I mean printed and sold in shops. Not the first album he layed in a studio and got put on a cdr. Nor do I mean mixtapes like Guess who's back or 50 Cent is the future.

i think he means "power of the dollar"

from what i know it was half out...then when it dropped he got shot, and then cut from the label and they recalled the album or something

but yea, officially power of the dollar is his first proper album (a classic)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.