50 Cents Gettin Shot : carreer wise a good thing or a bad thing?

50 Cents Gettin Shot : career wise, a good thing or a bad thing?

AmerikazMost said:
My response to you is to read my last post because there's nothing else to say to you. You're points hold no water. If record labels really cared about guys getting in trouble, half these cats out here wouldn't have deals. Do you not forget that Eminem was a problem? He pulled a gun on Kim and her boyfriend lol. Granted, it wasn't loaded, but if one of them had a gun they could have easily shot and killed him. Labels don't consider death in signing artists because anyone could die at any time.

I've noticed you in a couple threads now, and I think your best option to be successful on this board would be to just stop posting. That's just my personal opinion though. I mean some people may enjoy your ignorance.
I think ur best option would be to stick a crucifix up ur ass and pray god doesn't make u suck his dick......faggot

50 cent's shooting was most definitely good for his career. Not only did it make his voice sound better, but it also toughened him up, and made him seem real in what he raps about. Listen to some of his songs before he got shot, and you'll see it was defo a good thing. Especially for the image.

i think it might of benifited him that his voice changed and people seemed to give him some street cred for getting shot but getting shot doesnt make anyone cool to me. but i think it was good in some ways but obviously bad in some ways too

it's the whole reason eminem signed him. eminem even said it was his story behind the music that made him sign him. when 50 first got signed by em everybody was just talking about how cool he was for surviving 9 shots and everybody was saying that 50 wouldn't live another month and all this crazy shit. it's the whole reason he is rich as fuck. if he never got shot he would just be another ja rule. no hate just the truth. people are obsessed wit image way more than talent. peace

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Sure it's a good thing for his career and his image because since he didn't die from the shooting it shows his strength, that he is still alive. It gives him "street credit" like they say it...

Bobby Sands

In way it was bad because he sounded much better before he got shot.Being shot in the mouth ruined his voice.But then on the other hand all the hype it created was good to kick off his career.

Hold up, hold up....

While getting shot was a component of 50's success, it wouldn't have meant shit had he not handled himself the way he did afterwards.

So, he built a buzz through JMJ's label, right? signed w/ columbia, made Power of the Dollar, and got shot before it released. Then, columbia abandoned him. At this point, it prolly seemed like the WORST thing that could have happenned.

Its what he did next that almost entirely contributes to his success. People forget - i dunno why, either they're not form here or they're not in tune to music on the street - that 50 formed G-Unit and created, at the time, the next big NYC movement. You had Roc-a-fella, Ruff Ryders; G-Unit was the heir apparent to these if you remember. I heard Funk Flex say on an interview lately, which i totally agree with, that when a G-Unit mixtape came out, everyone NEEDED to get it. The energy on these tapes was absoltely insane. People KNEW they were hot before they got them. It was crazy.

Whoever was sayin how 50 has mostly white fans now, you're right, but in the post-Columbia pre-Shady/Aftermath era, he had maybe the LARGEST black fanbase of ANY rapper not on a major label. That's correct. People just now were seeming to make it sound like "he was hot, he got shot, and Em and Dre were like. 'Oh shit lets get him'". Not at all. He established himself and G-Unit as the NEXT HUGE THING in the rap game. It was pretty much a bidding war for him; every label wanted him, and Em and Dre put the most appealing offer on the table. Then you got GRODT, which sadly is the last classic album we've had. I'd getting shot influenced his music for the better, but ultimately it was his actoins after he got shot which attribute to his success.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.